1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I am really frustrated as Coinbase does not allow deposits from my bank Nationwide and my credit card AA is being blocked too. Is there a trick or am I going to half to open a new bank account just to be able to use coinbase?

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

How much are you trying to deposit??

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

A lot of banks banned the buying of Crypto on credit cards recently. Nationwide apparently process all their SEPA transfers through a German bank, who have banned anything to do with Crypto, in turn blocking Nationwide customers.

Another reason why decentralization is a good thing - you think Nationwide has control over your international transfers? Nope.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oh have they? I hope my most recent withdrawal goes through.

5. koola

koola Minimodder

Should try Revolut as I've have had no issues with EUR SEPA transfers to Coinbase.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

7. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Just launched my own mining pool if anyone's got spare hashing power, it's for a new coin all-but it has been selling for between a dollar and 30 cents. It's called 0xbitcoin and basically, it combines Bitcoin mining scheme with Ethereums security. It's the first minable contract token I believe! 0xbrute.com

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Very nice website. You can only mine with CPU right anyway? Also the transactions page 404s

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Has anyone noticed degraded performance and general flakiness with their Ledger apps? I got the email about the update, so went to update, and after initially just whirring and saying "nope" to me, it's taking fo-re-ee-ver to do anything.

Makes me nervous :worried:

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Another massive sea of red today after a couple promising days.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've stopped paying attention... it's not worth checking things once a week at the moment, let alone every few days. I've removed the tracking apps from my phone and only keeping passively informed on things for now.

13. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Well... I've withdrawn all of my BTC/LTC from Coinbase/GDAX following the lawsuit that is being filed against them for insider trading.

The last thing we need is for another Mt. Gox to happen!

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Huurr Durrr I can't use API's to trade on back end pricing properly so I'm gonna sue.

Non story by people who missed out.

17. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Looks like it was just their servers catching fire as everyone tired to update at once. My Ledger arrived on the day the update rolled out, and the bundled micro-USB cable turned out to be faulty, so that was a fun initial setup process.

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Erm, halp?

Apparently this is the largest sell off across all exchanges in a looooong time. I didn't expect to see ETH under €600 again, that's for sure!

19. rollo

rollo Modder

ETH never saw bitcoin style recovery. And people might not want to agree with it but most crypto prices are linked to bitcoin still.

If bitcoin rises they all tend too, if it has a red day they all tend too again.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Double-whammy, this drop: negative sentiment from the SEC and Binance has halted withdrawals 'cos users with API access enabled have reported suspicious activity up to and including theft of balances.