1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

You forgot the hammer.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oh my dear novice, you're very lucky to have stumbled onto a Master Trainer, all that is just to make the hammer.

* chuckles knowingly *

IanW likes this.
  3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

People's entitlement.
    Genuine conversation I had a fair amount recently:
    Them: "I had an accident with my (work) laptop."
    Me: "Alright - what happened?"
    T: "I plugged it into the charger, and then it fell."
    M: "Not ideal... can I have a look, please?"
    Screen is cracked, but functional
    M: "Right. The good news is that the screen still works. The bad news is that it will need replacing once we get spares, and you'll be liable for the cost of the spare. Can you send me an incident report so long? We'll try and get this pushed through insurance, but they generally don't like dropped laptops, so chances are that bill will come to you, unfortunately."
    T: "why do I have to pay?"

/Rant

legoman, IanW and MLyons like this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bought a Logitech M500 mouse which came in that super tough plastic packaging, the aforementioned sliced through the cable of the mouse. I doubt I can return it to Amazon.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I would be 110% surprised if after explaining what happened they still left you hanging.

MLyons likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Going through mental hell for a month over a DWP assessment, getting there (45 miles away in a taxi) and them saying "Sorry the doctor is not here today your appointment is cancelled".

Oh goody !

adidan likes this.
  7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Do you know what can be super effective for opening that sort of packaging? A can opener.

8. Vault-Tec

Fish scissors.

9. adidan

DWP assessments, jeez dude good luck dealing with those.

From what I hear it's turn up, get seen by somebody in no way qualified (lucky you, you get a Doctor!), get asked to pick your nose, get declared fit to work, spend time appealing and win the appeal just in time for you to go through it all again.

Hopefully they've looked into them recently or are about to.

10. adidan

In other news, we were going to check out a house that's been on the market for over a year.

First off the sellers didn't want any more viewings, then they said we could view, then we got a call saying they're taking no more viewings as there are two interested parties.

FFS.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You know when it comes to pairing Bluetooth I am totally useless and it also seems I can add setting up a WiFi SD card for my camera to list of pairings that just do not go smoothly. Fortunately I can send that back to Amazon mind you that does depend on whether my phone read the Qcode correctly and when I hand it in to my local drop off point and show the code I am not looked at as being a right plonker.:grin::grin:

12. Vault-Tec

After reading the letter my psychiatrist wrote they said it would be doubtful that I would have to go back. We'll see. Been a right scrap trying to get them to pay the taxi fares too. I sent them one of my diagnosis forms showing I have chronic agoraphobia and huge social issues and they said they couldn't read it. However, they did not reply to the email with the scan they just didn't tell me at all until yesterday, even though I phoned them about it five times.

It's a nightmare. I can't wait for it to be over tbh.

13. Mister_Tad

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Dead centre, 40mm from the top of a Philips 328P monitor.

14. Vault-Tec

Is it dead pixels? or an insect?

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Looks like a bug

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

5 dead pixels by the looks of it. Deep burn, man.

Anyways,

Back pain. Not debilitating, but just enough to know it's there. CONSTANTLY. BURNING. My own fault for being a lazy slob pretty much since last summer, though!

MLyons likes this.
  17. Mister_Tad

Nope, bug, or some other type of foreign ingress.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

old lady being an idiot with car lastnight, stuck her fingers in her ears regarding dashboard warning light, she broke down in the middle of a junction and instead of dealing with it insisted on calling me demanding i abandon my half cooked dinner to come rescue her.

half hour driving later i find her crying in the car, she didnt know who her insurance provider was (!) had no clue on who to call for breakdown, didnt know how to open the bonnet, didnt know how to release the electronic handbrake (god i ****ing hate these things) and didnt keep the manual for the car in the glovebox and to piss me off even more sits on the phone crying to her friends whilst im busy trying to ****ing move the thing. thankfully some dude spotted us and rendered assistance saying "i had a megane once, it was a piece of ****" managed to get into and jump start it, garage today is citing possible dead battery and alternator but the kicker is I got a bollocking for not knowing how to fix HER ****ing car before asking me for a ride to work this morning, told her to get a ****ing cab and let lastnight be a learning experience.

/seethe

MLyons likes this.
  19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I printed off a little business-card type of thing on my shiny Dymo with: reg number, insurance provider name, policy number, and telephone number, breakdown provider name, policy number, and callout number. Pop it in the glovie, job's a good 'un.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i did something similar for her last night when i got her home, post it note in the front of the manual which now sits in the glove box. still annoyed i had to toss 2 pieces of hunters chicken last night because of her, was looking forward to day that day.