1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Doctor - 1. Here is a short part of it that shouldn't give too much away.
    [​IMG]

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I can read most of that, but there's some shonky spelling not helping matters.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"I hope you at least reply even if you tell me to do one, I deserve a responce [sic]. But I'll leave this here, I'm going to write to a couple of people that like me regardless my crime [sic] from my first prison, have a coffee while I wait for my program to start on TV."

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ahh yes. I should add he can't spell to save his life and words are likely in the wrong order in certain sections

That took us a solid few mins to work out first time through. My eyes may be just gone then.

5. RedFlames

Translating messages from a dyslexic cousin [double fun if he was drunk when typing the message], and transcribing old books for some citizen science type projects... I've seen much much worse...

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Better than my handwriting, that. I probably win on the spelling front, tho'.

7. RedFlames

Too much time in front of a screen :p

8. MLyons

If any of you are up for translating decoding reading 3 pages of this let me know. Would make my week and make writing a reply much easier.

9. RedFlames

If it's nothing personally/commercially sensitive... sure...

10. MLyons

Will send over PM. slightly personal. Thanks a bunch

11. MLyons

On another note. Something I've been stuck on for 2 hours finally works and I'm now ahead of schedule :clap:

12. RedFlames

Done, hope it helps.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  13. MLyons

Thank you very much.

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

*phew*.

About an hour ago the DWP phoned to speak with my mother. Apparently their doctor who was not there yesterday read the (incredibly angry, tbh) letter from my psychiatrist and that's it, done for a while again. I think they reassess you every 3-5 years, but I would take 6 months atm because I have far too much other stuff going on (a dead aunty, a funeral, a divorce, a med change and being evicted).

Thank F for that.

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

This arrived this morning :D
    [​IMG]

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I ache from head to toe but it's a nice ache, today I built two wardrobes which were complex and nothing like the ones I built a fortnight ago plus I supervised, superficially anyway, the building of the base for my forthcoming shed.
    Will I sleep well tonight unfortunately not as my sleep issues always take precedence over my bodies need for sleep.
    And tomorrow I must build a great big chest of drawers thing and go and see about getting a shed made.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

always knew you were cheap

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Yesterday, I was really productive...
    • Replaced broken key on my tablet keyboard
    • Re-instaledl broken KDE window manager on my Linux install (without having to go through umpteen "how-to" threads online)
    • Got Oculus Rift going after Wednesday's debacle, then watched Twitch streamers in virtual IMAX :p (although my touch typing fails really hurt my heckling abilities)
    • FINALLY got around to teaching my Linux NFS fileserver how to serve files in a manner that my W10 install can understand.

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Me?

From last night :D (although had software issues so didn't actually manage to get much done!)
    [​IMG]

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Yesterday, I bought some Ram put it in the recommended slots, didn't work, toke back to the shop got refused a refund...

Last night I went against the manual installed it in the wrong combination and it works beautifully