1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays The VR thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 10 Apr 2013.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Getting the same error. Have you rebooted since you have reverted back to today's date and tested?

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No I have not which is probably why I am not having the issue, oh well I will download the games and then see.

Edit: Restarted PC and it's back.lol.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2018
  3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

The 'presence sensor' within the HMD is the on/off switch. Take it off and the screens will shut off and the HMD will go into sleep mode (the IMU is kept live because it is temperature sensitive, and keeping it warm keeps it at the correct operating temperature). It also allows it to start up as soon as you put it on, rather than having to wait for the whole software stack to reload each time.
    Unlike SteamVR, the Oculus drivers do not touch the Windows audio device settings at all. Audio should output to the Rift automatically. If it's not, then something has been coded incorrectly with the application you are using, or you are using something via SteamVR (which unfortunately is a total faff is it ever forgets to switch the audio device properly or crashes).

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

It did output to the Rift automatically but it did not revert back to my speakers but this maybe something I did. Unfortunately nothing I can do about it at the moment as Oculus have a major issue to resolve as we cannot actually use our Rift at the mo.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Just to add, what version of Nvidia drivers are you using? As there is currently an on going issues with Nvidia drivers past 388.59 causing a black screen of death to Rift and Vive users. So it's advised to use no later than 388.59 drivers, until Nvidia fixes this issue.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The "issue" seems to be that Oculus let the security certificate for one of their DLL files expire. :duh:

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yep, I do not profess to have the slightest inkling what that means but it is quite amazing how much damage it can cause worldwide

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cheers mate. Unfortunately I have flatpack furniture to make today and supervise a shed base installation so no VR for me.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Any Steam VR games to suggest, Free is good to begin with. Waiting for wall mounts a I feel the sensors can be better positioned.

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

If you really want to experience the rift in all it's glory, then buy Lone Echo! Yes it's £30 but it's worth the price tag! -

Oculus freebies;

Mission ISS (Zero gravity exploring around the ISS and spac flight)
    Rec room (A great place to meet people, and have a laugh with loads of multiplayer games like Paint ball, 3D charades etc.)

Steam freebies;

The Lab (Steams free experience room with loads of fun little games)
    Trials on Tattooine (Must have Star Wars fan)
    Star Wars Droid repair bay
    Nevrosa Prelude (A great mini Puzzle game with a horror theme to it)
    Freedom Locomotion VR (A free sandbox which lets you climb up a giant robot, choice of locomotion - Running on the spot to get around, etc.)

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will look into your suggestions and may well buy Lone Echo as everyone raves about it so it seems rude not to buy it.

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Games that come free with your Rift that you should install;

Lucky's Tale (A great enjoyable game)
    Echo Arena (Seen the film Endless Space? - Then this is what it is, Zero gravity multiplayer! Full VR body with graphics that are insanely awesome!)
    Farlands
    Robo Recall (If you haven't downloaded this yet, then you're missing out!)
    Dead and Buried (A great fun western type shooter with ghosts)

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Got Robo Recall though not played it or in fact anything yet.

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Get used to playing VR as much as you can to reduce motion sickness in zero gravity games, especially if you allow spinning in the options. :D

Also, if you like Elite Dangerous, then VR with a Hotas will blow you away. Flying a spaceship though a station letterbox for the first time to see the sheer 1:1 scale of the thing is jaw dropping! - Or even dropping out of Hyper Cruise to a Neutron Star can make you jump!

OMG get on it! - Make sure to go into the options and turn all the setting up to max! :D

IanW likes this.
  17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Can confirm all of true_gamer's post.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Seemingly we all got a $15 dollar voucher, where would I see that in my app?

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

In the next 7 days it should be credited. So I guess once it is credited, you will see it in the payment tab.

To check your store credit balance using the Oculus app on your computer:
    1. Open the Oculus app on your computer.
    2. Select Settings in the left menu.
    3. Select the Payment tab to view your store credit balance.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cheers, just read the email from Oculus thoroughly and it clearly States Upton a 7 day wait but thanks for the instructions on where to check.