1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Pozi or Philips bits

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 8 Mar 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I never seem to have the right bit in my cordless when it comes to and I do not know if they are called Pozi or Philips, and am looking for a selection but they all seem to come in packs of one size.
    Anyone point me in the right direction to buy a selection of various sizes?
    Large version of the screw with the head I am on about.
    [​IMG]

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's a (cheap) Pozi, as evidenced by the diagonal markings.

For your edification:

[​IMG]

Kronos and BentAnat like this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Lidl have some bit sets in store at the moment, think it was last weeks offers but my store had plenty left.

They might not be top end stuff but their tools are pretty decent, I have a bunch of their parkside kit (made by black and decker I was told but on googling its another german company but maybe owned by them) and for the casual DIYer they are excellent.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I appreciate they are spendy, but they will last a home user a lifetime and you'll never need to worry about chewed up bits or stripped heads ever again.
    That said if you're just using a drill you can get away without the impact ability of the bits, but I'd still go Wera

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have bought a couple of Parkside tools and have found the quality to be excellent.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

No ISO or JIS :dremel:

legoman likes this.
  9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am in my 60's longevity of screwdriver bits is not something that matters to be honest.:grin::grin:

alfizzle and mrlongbeard like this.
  10. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bought them anyway, and the next time I am near Lidl I will see if they have any and get them as well, you can never have too many screwdriver bits.:grin:

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm addicted to buying Lidl tools :p

Theirs a big Lidl in Minehead where we go for holidays and I save my birthday/xmas money and hope they have tools on sale when I go and they usually do.

Last haul I came back with 2 crowbars, 6 clamps, set of rachet spanners, spirit level/compass/angle thing (yup that's its name), 3 in one saw, hole saws and drill bits with built in chamfer bit, had to buy a new tool box to put it all in.

Bought my digital Vernier their just a few days ago, its not going to be the most accurate thing ever but I'm not doing any hard core engineering :p

Going again in a few weeks.

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Was going to throw in those, I love annoying cycle mechanics with it as Shimano still use JIS.

Longbeard, I have one of their digital Vernier's to be honest I cannot fault it at all.

Crapbag, I have the Bosch kit its very very similar to that cant fault it> I do like collecting tools but I have a thing for ratchets, Have some far far to many 1/2, 3/8, 1/8 etc

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

legoman likes this.
  17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

That in stock now? I could really do with one to be honest.

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I haven't seen them in store, I did link to one on ebay although I think I only paid 7.99.

19. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

The JIS standard was deprecated a decade ago (2008). If anyone is still using them, then they're using a bastardised nonstandard head (and their stamping equipment has been operating for a decade without replacement or recertification, so is probably well out of spec anyway). Even the infamous "Japanese motorcycle screw" was eliminated long before then as everyone switched to using regular Pozidriv (or sometimes Philips, Torx, or hex), though for stuff built before the late 80s/early 90s you'll probably still find them.
    It's kind of moot anyway: any modern non-cheapo screwdriver will have a nice sharp grind that can engage a JIS head screw without issue.

20. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I picked up a 50+ piece Stanley screw bit set from Sainsbury's the other week for a deep sea diver! Pretty chuffed