1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Vinyl Player Sub £100

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 22 Mar 2018.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Hi kids,

I've inherited a whole head of my Parents LPS from the 60's and 70s, and as such I need a player to actually listen to the damn things...

I'd really rather not break the bank on the unit, but would be after something that isnt cheap as chips. AUX or USB out would be needed, and ideally no speakers built in to the unit.

Thanks in advance.

2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Sorry bud, you're a few years too late to pick my brains, most of my knowledge has leaked out due to lack of use...

I can tell you for a good while I've got by with an Ariston Q-Deck and cheap pre-amp, which is actually nice enough for my very occasional needs.

I've no idea if most of the makes I had interest in are still around - I'm sure Rega and Nad are, but probably a bit pricey unless you can pick up a second hand one. Good turntables can hold their value though.

It used to be that anything with a pre-amp was pretty cheap/nasty, but things might have changed (perhaps there are some with USB output for digital goodness).

Can't help you much more than that, unfortunately, hopefully someone else can chime in or point you the direction of info.

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've got one of those. It was perfect for transferring my music over. Got mine on Ebay for about £40 IIRC. I think it may be broken now though, as I stored it badly in the loft.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This.

You can get a cheap vinyl deck easily... but it'll probably ruin the vinyl.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Get a Pro-Ject Debut for about £100,-- from eBay (phono amp stage required, but you can pick up a decent one for £60,-- or make one for less; you can get them with USB out) or else a Pro-Ject Elemental for under £250 if you want USB out built-in.