1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Photo of the Day

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by bentleya, 25 Jul 2009.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

finally had a sunny day so decided to take the camera with me when I went to the chemists and take a wander on the way back. I got back home to find the GF had brought me Photolemur and Inpixio (greatest GF EVER) so ran a couple of the pictures through them.

img_6178.jpg
    img_6230.jpg
    img_6249.jpg

And a before and after editing with Inpixio (I've never used the program before so don't expect miracles also the edit took literally 15 seconds)

Before (Bin on left)
    img_6252.jpg

After (removed bin)
    img_6252_inpixio.jpg

2. Ryu_ookami

I decided to go back out img_6297.jpg

3. Ryu_ookami

Seriously am I the only one posting in this thread?

Anyway my reverse Macro lens adapter turned up today so I've been playing with a 300mm lens in reverse [​IMG]:)

You can blame the poor state of the flower on the Gf. If its living and a flower she can kill it in minutes just by looking at it.

img_6365.jpg

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I have been mainly doing photography for work lately but due to a few NDA's I can't post the images myself. It's also been hard to get out to photograph any landscapes over the last few weeks so my posting has been limited at best.

You've made a good start to taking pictures. Keep going and you'll start to develop a style and a subject you prefer over others. Be that sports, wildlife, landscape or studio photography.

Just keep on trucking!

5. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

6. Ryu_ookami

I'm trying to get my head around post editing. I kinda like how this one came out its not the greatest of photos but running this filter on it definitely helped the finished article.

IMG_6426.jpg

I'm not to sure about this one, something about the sky just seems off also its slightly out of focus.

IMG_6034_2.jpg

7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

If you're doing landscaping shots, i would highly recommend using a tripod and reducing your ISO to 100. This will clean up a lot of image noise and will stable the photo giving a much sharper finish.

To get the most out of your photos, I suggest shooting in RAW and taking a look at Adobe Lightroom for post processing. (Free trials last 30 days).

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A horizontal horizon will also work wonders for landscape work.

9. Ryu_ookami

Its pouring down with rain so I'm going no were to take picture's so heres's a shot of the kitchen sink.

img_6693s.jpg

teacherboy likes this.
  10. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Arboreal likes this.
  11. skameykin22

skameykin22 What's a Dremel?

Wonderful scenery.

12. Ryu_ookami

i've been trying my hand at some more macro photography using a different lens and I'm really no happpy with the results but I don't know if its down to the camera or my meds screwing up what I'm focusing and ruining the shot.

img_6764.jpg

img_6766.jpg

img_6803.jpg

img_6802.jpg

13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

To get good results with macro photography you really need to set your camera on a tripod with a high F stop, say F18 and a diffused flash.

I have tried hand-holding macro images but always ended up with poor results. I would highly recommend First Man Photography on youtube who is well known for his macro photoragphy and has a few tutorials on how to get the best results.

14. Ryu_ookami

I went out early and literally nothing went right. Anything that could go wrong, did go wrong so I took this shot because it showed exactly how I felt at the time. Everywhere I looked something else was in the bloody way of things going right.

Exp 1/160
    F/ 7.1
    Focal Length 40mm
    ISO 400
    Canon 350D

img_6902pl.jpg

Last edited: 12 Apr 2018
  15. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

You're going to get that a LOT. Landscape photography success is highly dependent on the local conditions and over the last couple of weeks, it hasn't been the best.

Keep it up and learn from your mistakes.

16. Ryu_ookami

Mistakes! Mistakes! Mistakes!

How dare you :p

I don't make mistakes. I make advanced strategic plans that are so awesome and so all encompassing that the rest of the world is unable to see them for the tactical brilliance that they are, so they don't respond in the right way and it derails the plan. It's just in this case the entire world decided not to react the way it should.

Life would be so much simply if everyone and everything just did as I instructed them to. ;)

17. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

Lol nice i have the same problems

18. Ryu_ookami

I realised that if I added a Tele convertor to my 300mm I could effectively make it a 960 mm, 300*2 (the converter) * 1..6 (the camera crop) so I was messing around with the zoom lens (it was raining I was bored what can I say ,) aiming at things at random in the house (which had the added benefit of driving the other half up the wall) :p

img_6988.jpg
    img_6920.jpg
    img_6985.jpg

19. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I bet 960mm was a handful to focus and keep your subject in-frame.

Looks like it might be time to head outside and get some landscape shots soon!

20. Ryu_ookami

The shaking was awful not just from the weight but even just breathing in to hard caused it to go all over the place and I'm fully intending on taking it out but its been raining on and off over the past few days (to be fair its cumbria. It's always raining)