1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ Spegel by Forsberg Customs

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Forsberg Customs, 25 Feb 2018.

1. Forsberg Customs

Forsberg Customs Minimodder

2. Forsberg Customs

Update!

Some parts for the build has arrived so here is some pictures of the parts and a list of all the parts that will be used in the build and i will update this when the other parts arrive.

CPU: Intel i7 8700k sponsored by Asus ROG
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Formula sponsored by Asus ROG
    Memory: Team Group Delta RGB 4x4gb 3000mhz sponsored by Team Group
    GPU: Asus GTX 1080 strix
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w sponsored by Seasonic
    Chassi: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv sponsored by Phanteks
    SSD: TBA

Watercooling
    CPU-block
    : Phanteks C350i Chrome sponsored by Phanteks
    GPU-block: Phanteks G1080 Chrome sponsored by Phanteks
    Fittings: Phanteks harline fittings Chrome sponsored by Phanteks
    Radiators: Alphacool NexXxos ST30 360mm + 240mm sponsored by Inet
    Reservoir: Phanteks R220 sponsored by Phanteks
    Pump: Laing DDC-1T sponsored by Inet
    Pipes: EK 12/10 PETG sponsored by Inet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once again a big thanks to all my sponsors and lets start building!

Last edited: 18 Mar 2018
  3. Forsberg Customs

Update!
    Time to mount the block to the graphicscard :)! The graphicscard i went for this build is the GTX 1080 Strix and im pairing it with Phanteks waterblock in chrome, all i can say about the block so far is WOW. The fit and finish of the entire block is superb and i cant wait to see how it performs. I also decided to wrap the backplate in "one way mirror"-film so that it gets a shiny look yet the led´s will shine through it when lit. Next in the pipeline will be to tackle the motherboards shrouds and backplate to try and get them into the theme aswell.

Cya!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Forsberg Customs

Update!

So now its time to mount the pump to the reservoir and then choose the perfect spot for them. When i had decided where to put the reservoir i turned the case upside down and marked and drilled out the holes for it. The mounting of the pump was really easy and as with the gpu block the fit and finish was very good. Before i mounted the pump though i had to switch out the connectors for black ones and ofc sleeve the cables ( and i know that the led strip is the wrong way in the photo, i flipped it before the mount [​IMG] ).

As allways feel free to ask any questions you have and i will try to answer them as best i can.

Cya!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Zeuligan

Zeuligan Minimodder

Oh yeah, this will be interesting to follow...

6. Forsberg Customs

Thanks dude, i hope it will be interesting :)

7. Forsberg Customs

Update!

Time to make some panels for the case!

I started of by making the panel for the top of the psu shroud by using the trusty cardboard method. It´s a very good idea to do this cause some angles might be realy tricky to measure with a ruler. These panels will later be covered in mirror tint.

After that i procided to make the panel for the motherboard tray. I also made cutouts for the top radiator bracket since it will slide all the way back to the motherboard tray to get fastened.

Then it was time to cut out all the pieces for the shroud that im making for the front fans (i actually made a complete one but totaly forgot about the passtrough for the fittings to the radiator so i tried to correct it but failed and had to start from scratch :p) . This time i cut out out the holes for the fittings before gluing it all together.

This is all i have for now but feel free to ask any questions you might have and i'll try to answer them.

Cya!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Forsberg Customs

Update!

So i got some more work done on the panels this weekend and managed to get the front fan shroud all cut and glued together. I also made the lower part of the psu shroud and the panel for the rear of the case.

When i made the panel for the rear i had to cut some small chunks out due to rivets and what not in the case and even while that can be tedious it was actually quite enjoyable to do with a Moto Saw (if anyone is looking for a new tool for modding i strongly recommend that one).

Still waiting for the "hopefully" last shipment of stuff for the build but it should arrive this week (sleeving and some other supplies) so until then enjoy!

Cya!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kim

kim hardware addict

very clean and accurate work :thumb:...following

10. Forsberg Customs

Thank you Kim! Im glad you like it

11. Forsberg Customs

Mini update!
    During the last couple of days i have started to make the infinity mirrors for the project. They will consist of two mirrors that goes like a stripe from the front panel on to the top panel. I did a quick mockup in sketchup to show you how they will look once assembled.

I also enlisted the help from my brother who owns a cnc to cut out the holes in the front and top of the case.

I'm also filming this process so that i can show you this from start to finish. The video might come a little bit later on since i have to edit it and stuff. The video will then be posted on my youtube channel so remember to subscribe so that you dont miss it :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaiqGBkuqo8EJhjTxXloP5Q?view_as=subscriber
    Until then, cya!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

GAH! It's only the masking sheet that's pink! :lol:
    Pretty clean. I assume you will be sanding the edges flat/square before gluing?

13. Forsberg Customs

Haha! Yea its only the protective layer on the sheet thats pink :D.
    The idea is to get it abit "trippy" with all the mirrors but still clean. Yea the edges will be sanded a bit but i dont have to do much since the cut is pretty clean from the motosaw and since im using the type of glue that basically "melts" the pieces together i think i will have enough strenght :)

14. CAF PCs

CAF PCs Custom PCs

My mommy tells me I'm spegel too.

Oh and nice progress on the build

15. Forsberg Customs

Haha, took me a couple of times to get the first part and thank you, it's coming together just fine

16. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I have a digi key ruler too, theyre awesome

17. Forsberg Customs

Hi Bill! Yea they are very nice :). I usually have both that and some steel ones handy, they are nice for different things :D

18. Forsberg Customs

Update!

So some stuff has happend since the last update. I'm working on the infinity mirrors and the update on them will come in the form of video once they are done. In the meantime i have also been working on the motherboard and the other panels and this update will cover the motherboard and the mods surrounding it.

I had first planed to cover the shroud and backplate in mirror vinyl but as you can see it did not end in a good result so i decided to paint it instead.
    First i thought i might paint it black and put small details in with the vinyl but that also looked bad. I then tried a "mirror finish"-paint which at first glance looked fine but a closer inspection shows its flaws. First of all it was super easy to scratch and it was also "sticky" even after 72 hours of curing.

I left this part of the project to rest for a while and started with some other stuff while i decided what to do with it. After a couple of weeks i decided to repaint it in a metallic silver instead with a couple of layers of clear on top and it looks much cleaner. I also painted the backplate and parts of the heatsink for the m.2-drive in the same colour.

While waiting for the paint to dry i decided to sleeve the blocks cables because why not [​IMG]:) ? Then it was time to assemble everything and install the block and ram. The end result looks really nice in my opinion, what do you guys think ?

I will be posting another update shortly on the other panels but until then enjoy!

Cya!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. zak

zak Build Clean people, build clean

omgggg. your build is SOOOOO similar to mine, that its crazy. I am doing all my walls in custom acrylic as well. I have not seen many people at all, maybe 1 or 2 ever, cover the cases pci-e grills like we are doing. I mean ours have alot of similar acrylic work, similar tools. Lol. Ill def be following yours. keep it up!

20. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Wow Zak where you been man , we were doing this 15 yrs ago !

Looking Good FC.