1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen 5 2600 & R7 2700X Benchmarks leaked

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 20 Feb 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Asus's new boards are revolting, all except the new Crosshair.

They've let some **** scribble all over them :(

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I hate that too... if I get one for review, I’ll be sure to voice my opinions on that.

I think I’ll have to do an X370 vs X470 memory review too. Time to pester my contacts!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

A lot of the Twitterarti I follow are digging the GBT X470 finned VRM heatsink. But, it's orange.

I think the scribbles are an upsell tactic to get you to go for the more expensive ROG board. ;) Still not sure whether to go for a 2700X or wait for the 5GHz 8086K in June, or, the 390 in Q3...

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mention this to every mobo rep we have in the office. Why on earth do you give me all the RGB in the world then proceed to put coloured bits of plastic or metal on the bloody thing.

TheMadDutchDude and Guest-16 like this.
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

And no white MB options virtually anywhere, anymore! Just leave it metallic/clear with white or black PCB.

The Mark S disappeared. There's the MSI low-end, but nothing in the price-performance gap.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm actually looking at getting a 2700x system to replace my borked 4770k. I was so close to getting one of the gigabyte boards but they put orange on the thing. WHY? You give me the option of RGB ffs

TheMadDutchDude and Guest-16 like this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Yup that is the consensus around the web on that board. It's forcing you to make a colour choice.

8. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

MSI are a non starter, Biostar meh, Gigabyte if your into OJ in a major way, Asus minus the graffiti and the AsRock X470 Taichi Ultimate is in a league of it's own with the inclusion of 10 Gigabit LAN :cool:

Totally agree with reference to the scribbles and if only Gigabyte had gone with neutral colouration with the Gaming 7 :(

I'm hoping for some polished BIOS's out of the box to but I'm not holding my breath on that one o_O :rolleyes:

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

MSI boards are mostly just black with black heatsinks and you can choose what you want to do with RGB, my RBG has never been used.

My only gripe with them is speed on BIOS releases but seeing as others are very quick to release and often don't work 100% I don't see it as too much of a problem waiting until it works.

10. MLyons

Had a bad experience with an MSI AMD Ryzen board so won't be touching them.

11. Vault-Tec

I would agree with that completely, and it makes sense. Especially given how hardly any one I know stumped up for the Crosshair and bought the B350 Strix instead. A gorgeous board at a brilliant price. It also didn't need huge VRMs given the 3.9-4ghz limit either and was easy to OC with, once you got your head around the voltage thing.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Been looking for a high-spec mATX AM4 board, due to the need to support my Intel 900p SSD. There are none. :sigh:

13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

There are a couple of x370 mATX boards from Gigabyte that would fit the bil plus a biostar, so they are out there.

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I doubt they fit "high spec" requirement he mentioned due to stuff like ALC 887 onboard audio, Realtek lan controller and absent wifi.
    Not even to mention that all 3xx boards are paperweights unless he has a 1st gen Ryzen around the house.

Someone should go slap Asus until they give us an matx version of the STRIX X470-I GAMING (and fire the 3 year old they allowed to write on it in as well).

IanW likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

16. MLyons

17. Vault-Tec

Guest-56605 likes this.
  18. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Oh that's a nice brand boost right there :cool: :D

Vault-Tec likes this.
  19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It is an award for the PC and Tech industry, so with physical stores there are precisely two choices:
    PcWorld / Currys
    Game
    Which are the only two chains of stores that exist across the nation that can be considered as somewhat dedicated to that industry.