1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I feel like all the information you needed about the contents of that clip were in the description.

He made a full recovery. Sustaining the same injury in a rec game is unlikely to have the same outcome though.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Final Fantasy XV. Currently on sale on Steam for £23.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

A secondhand 1060 6GB. It's been a while since I upgraded (I have an R9 380) and it's new to me if not exactly brand new.

And shortly, some car tyres. Looks like the best price for them is on blackcircles with a topcashback of 2.02%.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Haven't googled, but guessing kevlar collar, for surviving a puck to the adam's apple?

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Half right, but for protecting against a skate to the carotid/jugular

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

If anybody is thinking about buying the Audeze Mobius on Indigogo, please feel free to use my referral link.

[​IMG]

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I buckled.

Various MHS V2 parts, blade parts, controller and LED components to make myself a light saber.

Need to hit up our anodising customer to get it all black, though. Blegh, silver.

8. wst

wst Minimodder

I was looking at a 2nd monitor to help with productivity and suffered some budget creep. I'm now staring at a 34 inch LD 34UM68 ultrawide and thinking I might have gone a bit bonkers. Only 2560x1080 (I would have had more horizontal pixels with a 2nd 1080p monitor) but it's clear enough and won't overtax my GPU...

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So, robbing a jewelery store are we?

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

[​IMG]

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Get Mr Lah-dee-dah Fancypants with his Shoei helmet over here...!

But srsly, it is a nice looking lid. I do prefer a minimalist matt look, not much of a fan of flashy graphics with glossy finishes.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Hehehehehehe.
    Not so fancy, it's a discontinued model, but bloody lucky to find it t'otherwise I'd have had to go to an Arai :sigh:
    But yup, the flat black does look the dog's danglies, right up until you touch it and leave it covered in smeary fingerprints, I can't wait to see what a couple of dozen flies does to it :duh:

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

purchases for the new motor

Floor mats
    Pressed metal number plats (UK Legal)
    Number plate holders (Because its a VW)

Replacement heater dials for the model up from Amazon, not as shiny in person!
    [​IMG]

Arm rest organiser
    [​IMG]

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Placed a sneaky last minute bid on a set of Fulcrum Red Power HP 27.5" wheels and won - £97 for a brand new set of wheels, not bad! They are quite narrow by modern standards at 19mm/23mm (well, very narrow in this age of 35mm+ rims), but they are pretty light at 1680g, and tubeless ready out the box.

[​IMG]

Will need to order the adaptors to convert the rear to 12x142, and either new discs or centerlock adaptors for the existing, but even with those expenses, it's still a pretty good buy. Gonna pair them with the following:

Schwalbe Thunder Burt SnakeSkin PaceStar 2.25"

[​IMG]

Less than 580g each and super low rolling resistance! This will essentially become my lightweight commuting wheelset - saves a solid 800g over the Crossride setup I have now, a little more once you factor in the 2/3 layers of rim tape I had to use to seal them.

Gonna get this 10 mile commute down to sub 45 mins!

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh, nice bargain @Wakka !

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've been quite lucky with wheels as it goes. I need to buy a set for my next build and they have to be Proper Bike Co as I am doing a tribute to Carlo Griggs (local lad, world champion vert rider many times over).

18. Vault-Tec

haha forgot this. I am on the naughty step for this as I am now broke for two weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a Proper BSH (or brick s**t house) brakeless. I already have 99% of the parts to build another bike. Got some decals for it.

[​IMG]

I wouldn't have done it but I spoke to Carlo Griggs before doing so and he said I can go down and visit him at Proper HQ and get it signed. I have a few Proper parts I am going to use on it, and just need to get a set of wheels. I've even got tyres, tubes etc.

B1GBUD likes this.
  19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

My mate (used to live in Pagham) knows Carlo, we helped out building his halfpipe many summers ago and got to drool over his Lambo too. The guy is a legend

Vault-Tec likes this.
  20. Vault-Tec

Yeah very nice guy is Carlo. Not met him yet but know his brother Dino quite well. Going to get the frame signed, 'cause after all the man is a legend.