1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ugh probably better to vent it so it doesn't eat me up. Clerical error @ DWP has proper left me in the crap. The last time I had an assessment a couple of months ago it made me so ill I took an overdose and ended up in A&E. So my mother says to the DWP "Please send any letters or appointments or anything that will make him worry to me please". Which they did, and I thought that was it dealt with.

Last week I get a letter from housing, stating they stopped my housing benefit claim on the 9th of April. I phoned them immediately and told them what had happened, they said they will review it.. Any way, I phoned the DWP also, who admitted to there being a "clerical error" and thus they informed housing I had moved, rather than adding it as a mailing address only. However, the rent has not been paid meaning I am left with absolutely nothing at all and any money I do have coming in all needs to go to paying the rent. I love it when they say things like "Don't worry, it will all be back dated" That's fine and bloody good, but where am I supposed to find it from in the meantime? my savings, basically. It is going to eat all of my savings and I have 0p to actually buy anything I need like toilet paper etc.

I dunno man. These people are clearly not in the right job. How can you do things like this to people and tell them "Don't worry!" I am being effing evicted as it is, the last thing I want is to be black listed for not paying my rent.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it took me a day to get it sorted but i pretty much have it set perfectly now, what you struggling with?

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Went to family law solicitor about the divorce process today, and got some personalised, though not overly specific, advice. It's messed with my head a bit. The whole process is going to be an arse. I'm already offering a generous financial settlement but due to income disparity I could end up paying through the nose. And I'm the aggrieved party. I have to have conversations I was hoping to avoid as well. I wanted us to be able to be amicable so I've kept my reasons neutral and bland. I'm going to have to share some of them and that's going to sour things - massively. Just want it all done.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

TSB and their IT ***********...

...i'm not even with TSB, however someone who is supposed to be paying me is, which means i've not been paid and i'm probably not getting paid any time soon...

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I, too, got there in the end. I was having issues with Windows Ink - Which is weird, as Painter was absolutely fine, as was Sai.. Ahwell. Sorted now.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Good good :thumb:

liratheal likes this.
  7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

It is now 06:10 CEST, almost wakey wakey time. I went to sleep around 22:30 and woke up shortly after 03:00. I believe a lot of caffeine will be necessary today.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Being a deskless hobo at work is bad enough. But when you have to use your managers desk for the week to find not only does he not have any cables for his monitors but also the network ports have been out of use for so long they have been deactivated.
    Ports are patched, network leads an display port cables found but the STP phone wont work as its now been off for so long so wont accept its config file.
    So, I'm getting it in the neck for not clearing tickets and making calls, the expected fix date on the phone is Friday PM at which time I have to give up my desk so he can come back to a fully working desk complete with cables :oldconfused:

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So, what I'm hearing here is... you've discovered that your manager has, clearly, been doing absolutely nothing while sat at his desk, complete with monitors that can't possibly work, a phone that doesn't work, and network ports that don't work?

That's not a life-ruining experience, my friend; that's leverage. Time for a pay-scale discussion, methinks!

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Tried, there's a magical glass ceiling within the company which I'm firmly against regarding pay.

To be honest its the latest in a long string of issues. I need to have a conversation with HR and jump ship.

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My 2700X combo arrived. RAM check, Motherboard check, CPU ch.... wait a sec. WHERE'S MY BLOODY CPU. THEY DIDN'T PUT IT IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Ouch. Sucks!

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dude. Sucks. Where did you order from?

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It appears it may be a stock issue but why send me the mobo and RAM without the CPU. It's pretty obvious I need all three.

Can't say unfortunately. It seems to be a simple mistake and lack of communication due to stock but still annoying.

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Why? Surely that's a personal purchase? Or was it from a bloke out the back of a van ;)

16. MLyons

It was done through work via business channels.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That'll be Scan, then.

18. MLyons

What makes you say that?

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

20. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

He told you why , you said simple mistake and lack of communication ... ergo - Scan