1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ The Night King mod (in win 303c)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dietec, 25 Mar 2018.

1. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

A fella contacted me and asked if I could build him a Game of Thrones themed PC. He didn't give me much more instruction than that, so the actual design is all me. Figured the Night King + the dead dragon would make a pretty sweet mod, so that's what I'm doing! :D

This mod is going to be on the in win 303c, fully custom water cooled. Super pumped to get to it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Cut a hole in the front panel of the case, I want to have the face of the Night King be recessed behind the hole slightly and lit up. I don't mind too much about the scuffs and sharpie marks because I plan to cover the rest of the front panel with a piece of acrylic that'll be cut to look cool. Just made the hole with a rotary tool

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Got this cheap styrofoam mannequin head I am going to use as the base for my Night King face. Cut the face off of it, and sculpted over it with magic sculpt. This is 2 part epoxy clay, you mix the parts together and you've got like 2 hours to sculpt with it before it starts to harden. It's pretty darn sweet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I added some flat marble things as eyes for this guy. I'm going to put some LEDs behind his eyes so that they glow blue.
    [​IMG]

You can see the LEDs here. They're both powered by one molex connector.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here he is! I cut an acrylic panel for him to sit on behind the front panel. There's about an inch and a half of space between the front panel and the acrylic panel back there, and he still sticks out a little bit. Just got to paint him.
    [​IMG]

The acrylic panel I want to make for the front panel is going to cover up the edges of the hole in the case, and the two bottom corners a little bit. I just feel like it would look better with less of the hole showing down there. I'm considering putting some LED strips alongside the edges of this dudes face so he lights up even more, but I'm not sure if that would be overkill. I'll figure it out :)

4. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Eyes lit up :grin:

[​IMG]

_Prometheus_ likes this.
  5. _Prometheus_

_Prometheus_ Minimodder

Looks as I. :grin::clap:

Dietec likes this.
  6. kim

kim hardware addict

great work on the night king head :clap::thumb:

Dietec likes this.
  7. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Spray painted the acrylic panel the face is going to sit on, and painted the face itself with acrylic paint and some shitty old brushes. Turned out looking pretty nice though eh!
    Now I've got to assemble my new CNC router :clap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

I made a progress video! It's just all the stuff I already posted as pictures, but animated like videos are.

9. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

I've been quite busy lately, too busy to post but progress is always being made. Got myself a CNC router! This thing is awesome! I used it for some acrylic mods and they turned out perfect
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used some acrylic cement to attach two pieces of acrylic together that I cut from the CNC. They're meant to give the front panel some depth and cover up the scars I left from the dremel. Just painted them and used some double sided VHB tape to attach it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

I also painted some words up on the top panel, if you watch the show you know what this is. Didn't want to do anything too crazy, I think this is a good mix of being part of the theme and being subtle-ish. Just used my vinyl cutter to cut out a stencil, and painted over it. Easy
    [​IMG]

I then cut out three acrylic panels in different shapes and sizes that were meant to fit together to create a glowing game of thrones logo. The bottom two layers are designed to house the LED strips and wires, and the top layer is obviously the decal. I would definitely never have attempted to cut out this decal by hand so the CNC machine is already coming in clutch and allowing me to do things I wasn't able to before! The wire for the LED strips is routed through a small hole I drilled in the side panel, and is pretty long so you can take the side panel off easily without worrying about pulling on it. The acrylic panel is held together and attached to the side panel with more VHB tape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Just a few more modifications left to do, like the motherboard tray cover and the GPU backplate. And the watercooling of course! I want to make the acrylic mobo cover and backplate flat black with some kind of decal on them, still trying to figure out what decal though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This backplate was cut with the CNC router and holy cow is that way easier than cutting one out by hand. So much extra time for activities!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

_Prometheus_ likes this.
  12. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Cut some holes in that panel for cable management, painted it and chucked it up with some double sided mounting tape.
    [​IMG]

I also painted the backplate! Yay! The sentence is from the Night's Watch oath.
    [​IMG]

Some sweet sleeved cables from www.v1tech.com
    [​IMG]

And now all that's left to do is the watercooling tubes! Almost done
    [​IMG]

13. zak

zak Build Clean people, build clean

Hey i didnt know you posted on here. Im a youtube subscriber, we have talked quite a few times, including your live Q and A on youtube. I have already been watching this progress on youtube, good to see ya here. Feel free to check out my current build too, should be in my description, im doing the reveal in a day or two!

14. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Oh hey dude! Yeah I remember you. Your case mod is awesome, you should do a video next time :p

15. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

God damm that's looking amazing ! This is one to remember :rock::rock:

Dietec likes this.
  16. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Will hopefully be finished tomorrow!!

17. zak

zak Build Clean people, build clean

hey mine just completed too, id love for you to see the finished product, your opinion matters alot! Cant wait for yours! (yes i will make a youtube video too)

Dietec likes this.
  18. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Bent and installed the hard tubes, added coolant, and now we're finished :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 May 2018
  19. Dietec

Dietec Minimodder

Glory shot!
    [​IMG]

Defyant Mods and kim like this.
  20. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder