1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battletech

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 14 May 2017.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

True it is a perfect setting some of the old old mechs wont make an appearance so Executioners, Naga, Neanderthals, Riflemans etc. Still. I await playing it tonight and fully geeking out.
    They have a couple of my favourite assault mechs the Stalker and Awesome. Games set a little early for a Crusader and my other favourite the Mauler so im happy enough for now.

2. impar

impar Minimodder

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Got Crabs? I know I do...

[​IMG]

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Relevant to all who like Battletech, Mechwarrior: Living Legends has been resurrected!

It's still essentially Battlefield: Mechwarrior Super Huge Maps Edition and you can still rodeo ride an Atlas with an Elemental. I missed this game/mod/homebrew thing tremendously.

If you shoot the glowing bits do they receive massive damage?

5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

;)... No but if you shoot them in the head with dual AC/20s they go down like a sack of spuds!

Here is another angle, if one of them looks a bit different from the previous image it is honestly just the lighting on this particular planet! :grin:

[​IMG]

6. legoman

Well, had to roll back my save a few missions after basically backing myself into bankruptcy with only a main game mission I couldn't make a dent into left (destroy the munitions dumps that just lightly graze mechs, but don't destroy them!)

Urgh, also Dekker is alive though Glitch seemed not to keep on being PPC'd in the face.
    I would happily space Darius for his inability to work out the difference between a couple of APCs and a full lance of heavies.

Need to go round an hopefully salv some half decent mechs before I try that mission again!

7. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Yeah I had a similar issue a while back where I didn't realise they don't take the travel expenses in one chunk, but instead it is taken per jump and with two financial reports between the starting point and destination I was bankrupt before I got there. It wouldn't have been so bad but I carefully refitted three mechs on the way so going back meant I had to redo all that.

Still I recommend the system I was heading to in the very bottom right for getting good hardware. It is a sometimes a pain as you won't have enough reputation to do some of the missions but they are often high difficulty battles which is where I've found most of my assault mechs. It is just a case of going to the near by systems which are much lower difficulty and doing battles just for rep until you have enough.

I love Glitch, such a character and she is my go-to called shot mech warrior. She is pretty much the reason I have the hardware I do, she just seems to have a knack for headshotting mechs time and time again with AC/20s. Where as other mech warriors with the same or better skills can't do it.

I've only lost the one mech warrior and thankfully it was just some kickstarter British guy who I didn't care much for. I could have redone the mission to keep him alive but we hadn't really built up any sort of "relationship" so I didn't care if he lived or died.

I've actually found the campaign missions quite difficult, some are a bit poorly thought out and some the weight of firepower put up against you is insane. I've had to back out of two and get some better hardware to get them done the way I wanted with all the secondaries done.

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

I am in the final missions (I think) in Coromodir, and so far the most difficult objective was a secondary one,
    to prevent a enemy APC blowing up a hospital with wounded allies.
    Glitch does seem to be more precise than the others, it was my first mechwarror to get full 10 skills, the 140 days I spent in the medbay slowed me.

If you havent yet, do use the guides to speed the gameplay, much more enjoyable that way. Also, the consensus in the community is that the more save games you have the longer the loading takes.

9. legoman

I keep seeing Glitch being noted as very accurate, may take a hit roll back to prior to her eating some PPC and work my way down the world map.

Disliking my Jagermech, arms seem to fall off out of boredom, leaving you with an M laser.
    Dragon tanks well just doesn't dish out too much punishment.
    Cent, I have two one with the AC one without, the laser boat one seems terrible.
    Shadowhawk, just floats about being annoying but not annoying enough to destroy things, which is more annoying.

Had a mission with a catapult on the enemy team, got all excited then realised it was a PPC one.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You are refiting the mechs to full armour, arent you?

11. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Yeah one of the "fixes" I found to the loading speed was disabling Steam cloud sync, moving all but the save you are using into a folder and that seems to help.

From what I understand it both the stable and beta branches of the game are on the same patch. Just hope they sort it out. Part of me wishes they delayed it a month just to get some of these quality of life and poor performance fixes done before release.

Personally I max armour on the CT, Head and if the arms have a lot of hardware on them like a Catapault then the arms as well. The rest I try to balance with the firepower, usually shaving armour off the legs and rear sections. I can't remember the last time I lost a mech to its legs being blown off so thats usually the weakest section of my mechs armour.

12. legoman

So far as im aware yes they are all going in full weight I take some armour points off the rear an legs to place up front as the AI don't seem to shoot your legs often. Shall grab some screens later when I'm home.

13. legoman

Didn't screenshot in the end, was my own mistake not loading the mechs properly, Glitch died yet again so shes now female Dekker, restarted the missions dumped her in a long range support mech she still died so gave up on her.
    Snagged some accidental sweet sweet salvs, An Orion, Cataphract and laser trenchbucket.
    Id refitted one of my shadow hawks to be a SRM, Mlaser boat with a Griffin as backup, binned off the LLaser in favour of some MLasers and a heatsink. Other shadow was a mid to long rang LRM launcher im running a Centurion with just an AC10 LRM15 and an MLaser.
    After a few hours an running max salv on missions im now rolling in C-Bills!

14. impar

impar Minimodder

15. legoman

Glad they sorted the vanishing mech issue, was beginning to think Yang had some black market stuff going on.

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Completed it this morning, am I disappointed having backed it from Beta - Am I f**k!!

Mooooore please Hairbrained/Paradox :thumb: :clap: :rock:

17. legoman

Read a great idea on Reddit "A Sleepy Awesome" basically strip everything fit 6 PPC's some jump jets fill the rest with armour, no heatsinks. Fire, Owver heat to shutdown (go to sleep) re power up fire, sleep, repeat, always from massive range.

I now need an Awesome, snagged a Blacknight so currently running that, an Orion and a pair of Dragons as "scouts"

18. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

The Black Knight is sh*te for lack of a better word (Epic name mind), the Orion's are probably the best all round heavies in the game and add some jump jets to a Dragon to supplement it's speed and it becomes a great heavy scout :thumb:

I'm rocking two Highlanders, An Atlas for CQC and a Stalker for fire support :grin:

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i dont even want to think how expensive the internal repair bill is at the end of the mission from all the heat damage.

20. legoman

Cost would be crippling but amusing none the less.

I messed about with the Black Knight took off the large lasers in favour of a pair of mediums some heatsinks and jump jets then just tanked the rest as armour it has something like 1200 points of armour now which is just daft feels like an upsized Wolverine though useless anything up close but its mobile enough to live with, The Orion is handy just to de limb things.
    Ill try the jump jets on the dragons the pilots have the 20% extra sprint which is great early game full pips on the evasion and barrel in to core out lights is always fun.