1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

sweet ass job has landed in my inbox, I tick the requirement boxes but i'm having self doubts.

MLyons likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Go for it.

Yeah with any job you may lose out, such is life, but if you don't go for it you'll definitely lose out.

You never know, you may be just the right fit for them and vice-versa.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

If you're lucky you can still get walnut whips (with Walnut) from Iceland.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Well, it's official. Just got home after my weekend away, and completely stripped down & rebuilt my PC.

It's showing exactly the same fault - a 5-second boot loop before it gets to any BIOS/UEFI screen (most of the time).
    Sometimes, it now comes up perfectly normally, except that I get precisely zero graphical output, either from GPU or CPU onboard gfx.

Guess I'm shopping... :sigh:

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Currently have a suspected infected tooth and possibly gum too. Dosed up on antibiotics and pain pills. The pain is kinda OK until about 4pm but then it is just unrelenting. Booked in for a possible root canal on Thusday morning...

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Housing - We can't help.
    Social Services - We can't help
    My care worker - Not sure if it's my job.

Of course no one could actually help because that would require actual work. I'm so sick of this.

7. Vault-Tec

My care worker.. "There is nothing I can do, but if you are threatening violence on the person upstairs I will have to call the police". So wait, you can't do your own job, but you'd be a jobsworth and call the police, even though that isn't your job either.

8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Ultrasound on my wrist has given no indication to the reason for the pain, will have to await further referrals :(

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So, threaten to harm yourself... nada... threaten to harm someone else... and suddenly they feel inclined to do things... [probably the wrong things but y'know...]

MLyons likes this.
  10. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Im guessing there is someone above your apartment causing the damage. If so, call the insurance company covering your property and they should take the necessary actions on your behalf. If the person above you does not take action, consider a sternly worded letter to the owner. if the problem persists, seek legal advise about compensation for damages to your property and increase in insurance premium.

Don't resort to violence, the only person it hurts is you as you would cease to be a victim.

MLyons likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

D'you know what mate that is EXACTLY how it is. They will leave you in hell so long as you don't mess with any one else. Drug the crap out of me, don't offer me any actual help like CBT to stop me swearing like a sailor, so long as I don't bother any one. Ten years I've been playing this game now..

That pic I took is the ceiling around the boiler cupboard. The ceiling *in* the cupboard is no more. It all came down and collapsed onto the boiler and floor, and I can't deal with it. However, just when I thought it couldn't possibly be any more fun I turn around and see this.

[​IMG]

About 20ft away. The plaster is bubbled and flaking. And the thing is, the whole ceiling must have literally been full of water for it to go that far. It stinks, too. I already repaired a large hole when I moved in (and painted it all) so now I am literally just waiting for the entire f*****g thing to come crashing down.

After two and a half hours Social Services got the nark and finally called my social worker and reminded him of his job. He called back, I had calmed down (pills Cheesecake) and he is coming either tomorrow or thurs at 3pm. I will then explain the whole situ, and show him all of the damage. He should then contact Environmental Services on my behalf, and hopefully this time it will be followed up two weeks later (instead of me taking an overdose and being at my mum's for three weeks) and they won't close the case when my landlady ignores the letter.

Then, touch wood, she will be fined and crap a brick. And then hey, something might happen. Either she will throw her dummy and evict me (what I want) or just evict me any way (what I want). I have spent two years here, totally not wanting to be here. I jeffing HATE it here. First two years were OK but I have now lost everything and I am still sat in this bloody hole waiting to get out :(

12. Vault-Tec

I wouldn't be annoyed at them, if they weren't so ignorant. They gave the leccy company the wrong meter information, and thus my power stopped for two days. IE - they switched my meter, which then caused me three months of ongoing hassle. It came to the point where Eon had to close my account, bill me an estimated (very expensive) bill and then open a new account. And at no point (and she knew, because I put the letters from Scottish Power in her pigeon hole) has any one even so much as apologised for it. Stoners man. Bloody students reeking out the place with skunk weed sitting on their asses all day.

13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

it seems like you have a complicated ongoing situation. I would suggest writing a letter to the property discussing the issues you are currently having trying to find a positive outcome. If you have no response or the problems continue I suggest speaking to a solicitor, you may find a free consultation to be quite informative. They could also suggest a course of action.

Sorry to hear you are currently experiencing discomfort in your own apartment and I hope it gets sorted as soon as possible.

14. Vault-Tec

That is how my landlady operates. Threats and legal action. She already lost a court fight with the guy upstairs over the water issues. She's just a **** tbh. Scum. The council wrote all of the landlords letters last year saying that if they didn't renovate outside that they would do it then send the bill. So the people in the top flat paid for it to be done (£6k) and she ignored all of the letters so they are taking her to court also. That was when she said she was evicting me and ignoring all contact.

Karma. It will go around. I just can't wait to be evicted tbh.

Edit. That was not the C word that got starred out. It began with T and ended with wat.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

cover letters, i ****ing LOATHE cover letters! :wallbash:

adidan likes this.
  16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"Why would you like the job?"
    I'm quite fond of money
    "Why did you choose here?"
    You're hiring and the people down the road aren't
    "anything extra to add?"
    read my CV you bloody beancounter.

IanW and adidan like this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Glad you decided to go for it :)

Yeah, they're a pain, as are CVs for that matter. Necessary evil unfortunately.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

From a recent interview...

Why do you want to work here?
    You've been hounding me on a near-weekly basis to apply for this job.

Why do you feel you'd be a good fit?
    You tell me, you're the ones who've been begging me to apply for the last 6 months...

...I didn't get the job, yet evidently neither did anyone else as they're still begging me to [re]apply...

IanW and MLyons like this.
  19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Thankfully unless I die from implementing GDPR I shouldn't have to do an interview for a fair old while but I bloody hated them before working here. You want me to dress up smart when you’re not, if the application is online I guarantee they require I fill out the same info that’s also on my CV, they ask pointless questions and are often not flexible for when they can be done.

IanW and adidan like this.
  20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I don't even have to implement it, I just have to read all the **** people like you have written for me, and I still want to repeatedly bash my head against a brick wall.

I shipped a package by Royal Mail 48 Tracked to Envirophone on Thursday, and it still hasn't sodding arrived.