1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 4 : New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 5 Jan 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well I guess it is all very subjective. We're talking about this now on A.nother forum and some people actually liked the building part of FO4 more than the rest.

FO3 for me is the best game ever made. Well, that I've played any way. It just got everything right (for me).

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Guess it's wait and see until E3. Not holding my breath now.

Unless they throw out a decent single player I am going to be saddy mcsadface.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Well, if this is true then "your" wrong. Including me :O

[​IMG]

So it's actually a very real, full blooded Fallout game. Consider me stunned, amazed even.

adidan likes this.
  4. adidan

Hope so but then there's all sorts of crap out there, even stuff about stopping free mods.

Ain't going to get suckered in any more, just going to wait and see.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Sounded credible right up unitl 'Bethesda listened to feedback'

Wakka likes this.
  6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Luckily there is a nice entry point to proper RPGs currently on sale:
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/380/The_Infinity_Collection/

7. adidan

Kotaku has deleted his original tweet anyway now.

Edit: Maybe reassessed than deleted. Babbles something about close minded re online but no, I have played online but from the saveplayer1 bethesda campaigners I hope for a single player game - I hope this may be it but if not i hope they have another offering.

Wait and see at E3. I may just have to avoid youtube until then to do that :)

Last edited: 2 Jun 2018
  8. adidan

Fallout 76. I am disappoint.

Don't get me wrong I like MP, played hours upon hours of BF3 and GTA V, but I also like my single player games I can sink my teeth in to and, for me, the Elder Scrolls and Fallout worlds are ones I like to disappear into on my own.

I'm sure some will like it but if it only has a 'solo' mode and not a single player mode then it probably won't be me.

This is especially so as we may be moving more rural before it's released so it'll be goodbye fibre and hello snailband so always online will be no good for me.

9. RedFlames

4x the size of Fallout 4!*

*loljk we just reduced the movement speed some more...

10. adidan

I will be interested to see how well that works as IIRC they said there'd be 16x more definition as well?

Yeah, will be genuinely interesting to see how well they pull that one off.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

With 32x the usual nonsensical bugs found in the average Bethesda game and funded by 64x the number of re-releases.

13. RedFlames

and require 128x the number of mods to fix both their piss-poor QA and monumentally dumb design descisions... and 256x as many nuggets defending this **** and saying, with a straight face, that modding the bugs out is part of the appeal...

...and they'll probably charge for the mods too.

This applies equally to F76 and TES6...

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Procedural generation and Radiant quests as far as the eye can see!

Anyone remember TES: Arena? Covered literally the entire continent of Tamriel - about six million square kilometres, and that was a 1994 game. Could take you days of real-time walking to reach your destination. (Less cheaty, given the constantly-generated wilderness of Arena, is Daggerfall at around 230,000 square kilometres. By contrast, Morrowind was a packed 24km², Oblivion an empty-feeling 41km², and Skyrim a smaller 37km².)

15. Vault-Tec

- Private servers will happen.

YASSS YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS an entire wasteland all to myself !!!

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Is TES Online buggy?

Because I'd imagine that's the most relevant comparison point - But I've never played it. TES never interested me even a little bit, and I never made it more than about 30 minutes into Skyrim before being bored off my arse. Yes yes, gets better later blah blah, but having seen people play Oblivion and Morrowind in an attempt to sway me - I disagree.

I'm thinking there's two outcomes for 76;

1: It's a runaway success. Bethesda never make any significant singleplayer only games again. TES 6 included. Mods fix private servers, but anything official is a trainwreck until death.

2: It sinks like a brick due to typical Bethesda bugs, and no mod support (Online only) to fix them on anything but private servers - But with no NPC's it's kind of a lame duck. Modders fix everything, including adding NPC's and a 'story' of sorts. Modders get hired by someone.

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Bethesda + MMO = bad news.

As others have said, I can't remember the last Bethesda game I didn't have to mod to properly enjoy, removing that ability is an instant write-off as far as I am concerned.

I have a sneaking suspicion TES VI will be the first to include some multiplayer elements, possibly hub areas for people to trade, fight in arena battles, add markers to other peoples maps etc - heck, they might even make it properly multiplayer in a 4-player co-op manner, albeit with the caveat that it would essentially be a vanilla-only playthrough. But who knows, I guess it's a while away yet... at least long enough for another Skyrim release.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

From what I understand (and I could well be wrong, it often happens), online only, no NPCs, and no option to disable PvP... Not for me.

When playing a game, I do so to be left alone and get on with stuff by myself it is EXTREMELY rare that I will play an online game simply because the general public are not that great (to say the least...). The last thing that I want is having spent a couple of hours building or running a quest, only to have some £$%"hole come running past and killing me off or destroying what I have been working on simply because they can and the game is designed to allow that with zero consequences, other than wasting my time.

Also, if I decide one day that, for example, I will allocate 2 or 3 hours (I wish) tomorrow evening to playing the game, and I get on only to find out that there are connection problems, the server is on an update cycle or has crashed, then what's the point? If I am playing an offline single player game and it crashes, OK, that's my issue. It's not something that is out of my hands.

Ok, so the option to host private servers might be a plan, but still no NPCs, no other interaction other than beasties, no open modding, no console commands.

Meh, nope. Seriously disappointed (again, a vast understatement).

19. adidan

Yeah I think my disappointment is more that, sure do an online MP and try it out, but Starfield is next, ES6 after that and so the next true FO game is years and years away.

I've had my fill of online. My last was Elite Dangerous which got about 3 days on servers till I got bored with asses interrupting my game and then about a week playing 'solo'. No NPCs, no story, well it's just dull (for me).

I think the addition of Starfield and ES6 clips was to help smooth the whole presentation. Those are the only things that interested me to be honest and they were effectively moving screenshots.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2018
    Almightyrastus likes this.
  20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not at launch:

With no indication if they mean weeks, months or years I wouldn't be too confident...
    I mean if its too long the community may have moved on to whatever else by the time modding gets enabled.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2018