1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intellivision picked for a console rebirth

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 30 May 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Is anyone really interested in this? It seems like the Radical Heights to the NES Mini's Fortnite, a painfully desperate attempt to climb on a band wagon.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Someone needs to slap the manufacturers of all those pointless retro consoles around with a GoG.com shaped hammer...

Zero risk, zero cost, gog will fix all the ancient games so they work on modern systems, it is like printing money for those IP holders of old.

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

No.

5. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Does MILDLY interested count? I admit "redesigned controller" makes me sad, but... if the design hews close to the original Intellivision, it'll be a nice thing to look at at least.

And maybe with some raised public awareness, someone will BELIEVE me when I mention that Nintendo didn't invent the d-pad and the Genesis wasn't the first 16-bit game system. Mattel was the unsung innovator of the game industry.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Yeah, except the Intellivision didn't really feature a d-pad, assuming that's what you're saying. Most people do incorrectly believe the Mega Drive was the first 16bit console though.

7. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

In what way was the INTV control disk NOT a d-pad?

Tags: Add Tags