1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dixons Carphone warns of 5.9M-strong data breach

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 13 Jun 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Large businesses in this country are truly run by incompetent people. A tech business (that had a previous breach no less!) should know better. Hell, even my tech illiterate father in law knows not to store cc payment details for the charity he works for!

Time to create some cyber security consultancy businesses as once companies start being hit with GDPR fines I can see I large uptick in this area (though this should have happened years ago!)

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Common sense Security Ltd, selling the knowledge that you shouldn't store any more data than absolutely necessary, only £5 million per company for this exclusive knowledge, sign up today for an exclusive 15% early bird discount.

4. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

The security consultancies already exist, they employ people to run average scanners and hand big list to companies to get their pay checks.

Big companies scoff at the pricing of fixing said vulnerabilities and try to find cheaper alternatives.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is this the first major breach since the implementation of GDPR? I wonder if they'll be dragged over the coals for failure to protect customer data?

MLyons likes this.
Tags: Add Tags