1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel's Brian Krzanich resigns over fraternisation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Jun 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ok I skim read that.

So he lost his job for having a consensual relationship?

Right. Ok. No, not buying it as that's nonsense even if it's supposedly in a contract. May as well contract in not being able to go to the loo, not going to happen.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If the company has the policy of 'don't shag your secretary', then don't shag your secretary...

But that said, i think they've gone looking for the easiest thing they can fire him for so they don't have to go the through the ballache of booting him out for some of the other things.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yes, in violation of the non-fraternisation policy that most (large) companies have in place and which can be summarised as, effectively, "don't make the sex at your subordinates."

Basically, Krzanich, as the chief executive of the whole damn shooting match, is considered to be in a position of power. Let's say he's boinking his secretary - I'm not saying he was, this is purely a hypothetical - perfectly consensually, and they split up. Secretary ain't happy about that, claims he used his position of power to coerce her into the relationship. Bosh: Intel's at the heart of a very nasty he-said-she-said lawsuit.

Even if they don't split up, you don't want Krzanich promoting someone he's boinking just 'cos he's boinking 'em - and you don't want randoms coming on to Krzanich in the hopes of being promoted, either.

So, what do you do? You tell management to keep their pen out of the company ink. How do you enforce that? You sack 'em if they're caught in flagrante delicto.

Alternatively, if you're Uncle Clive, you boink your secretary, leave your wife, continue to boink your secretary, leave her and marry a lapdancer half your age, divorce the lapdancer, get back together with your secretary. That's how it's done in Cambridge, yo!

Last edited: 21 Jun 2018
    GeorgeStorm, Anfield and adidan like this.
  5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

And so the veil of Intel's rhetorical Bullsh*t continuess to play out...

And if playing away, don't get caught lol

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Boink.

jb0 and MLyons like this.
  7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"Intel Inside"

ModSquid, David, Cheapskate and 7 others like this.
  8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

When dealing with a relationship where one individual has direct power over the other, how would you ever prove to a court that the relationship was in fact consensual?

The party with power could claim the other threw themselves at them and threatened to cry wolf if they didn't get their way.
    The party without power could claim the other made advances with the threat of demotion or dismissal if they were refused.

Even if they both stood up in court and claimed it was consensual, the ongoing fear of reprisal undermines the statement. Moreover how would either individual ever be able claim objectivity in a dispute over discipline, promotion, favouritism and so on? It's a green light to entire rafts of lawsuits every time someone gets or doesn't get what they want.

It's also a pretty standard policy in any large company, law enforcement, military and so on that senior positions don't get to have non-professional relationships with their subordinates. This guy evidently ignored it, since he has been allowed to resign I don't feel bad for him, I'm sure he'll be getting a nice golden parachute on his way out the door. She (or he) better have been hot...

9. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

To be fair, in a lot of business sectors, line of promotion = It's not what you know, it's who you blow.

Welcome to the real world

10. adidan

Yeah I do know all this.

What happens if two people actually fall for each other though? Miss out because of job titles?

Sure if that's how you want to live a life at the end of which you can say "at least I had a good job....". Fulfilling....

#romanticdan

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I suppose in that case they would ask to move departments. I'm more curious if they prohibit employees having relationships with employees of companies like AMD.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No: one of you would change jobs. (Although it's pretty damn hard to fall in love with someone you've not yet dated. Lust, sure. Fancy 'em, immediately. Love? That takes a little longer.)

13. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

well I think Intel has being trying to have un-interupted sex with AMD's back doors for several decades,... so yeah.. they're allowed to ;)

MLyons and Guest-56605 like this.
  14. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

no it doesnt.. I loved you the first moment I read your work.

xxxxxxkissy xxxxxx

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  15. adidan

Aye and there's the problem.

But I guess no risk no reward.

16. adidan

You're fired !

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just try to imagine the guy at Intel responsible for reverse engineering AMD products and the woman at AMD responsible for reverse engineering Intel products trying to have a normal conversation with each other:p

jb0 likes this.
  18. MLyons

“ so what did you do at work today today?” “Why do you have a notebook and recorder out?”

jb0 likes this.
  19. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

You, good sir, made my day with that laugh.

MLyons likes this.
  20. MLyons

Thank you. I’m here all week :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags