1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who else has an eBay addiction??

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMadDutchDude, 28 Jun 2018.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Someone had to start it... I may as well start it off with me! :D

I am addicted to buying “broken, for parts” motherboards that have bent pins. I spent $240 and some change for all of the below...

[​IMG]

I already straightened the pins on the Impact and the G1, which had a 00 and C1 post code respectively. A little time and cautiousness later, and I have a fully working Impact and a G1 too. The seller labeled most of the boxes with what error codes the boards were displaying, so I can pinpoint the issue almost immediately with a little socket knowledge. :D

The X99 looks brand spankers and hasn’t even had any of the accessories opened, nor has it had the heatsink plastic covers removed since shipping.

I just spent another $20 on a Z370 MSI something or other. I can’t stop!!

I’m set to make a very tidy profit, which is the aim of the game. I also have a further six MSI boards from another auction that I paid $60 for, three of which I could get to boot, the other three are finished and aren’t going to get saved.

Go on... who’s next?! :D

Last edited: 28 Jun 2018
  2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

...not me. I think it's a good 10 years since i last bought somethnig off of ebay.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

If I'm buying something I'll almost always check the bay see if I can get the item or similar cheaper, if it's something I don't mind cheaping out on.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I stopped using ebay a long time ago. But I did go back recently to buy this:

[​IMG]

No shipping from HK is a thing now, apparently. And that gives you some great options. Will definitely check the bay more often now.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I used to buy all sorts but became a hoarder, I used to buy a lot original xboxs and 360's to repair, modify and for projects, PC parts for projects and just loads of stuff.

Now I just use it for cheap china things and car parts.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've spent more than my fair share on ebay items.

I tend to go for things with minor faults that I either know I can fix, or the price is so low that even if I don't fix the fault I can part it out and make my money back. Typically, though, I'm buying to use more than buying to repair and resell.

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I pretty much only use fleabay either for car parts or laptop parts.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

RedFlames likes this.
  9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've picked up plenty of nice motorcycle gear for peanuts (only works if you already know your size for that manufacturer). That, and every single MX Revolution that pops up for sale. Saved Searches doubleplusgood, just wish you could filter out collection-only listings.
    Taobao too if you're willing to use an escrow/transhipment service (e.g. superbuy). Good for some rarer parts (G-unique's PSUs, many varieties of portable monitor, a massive selection of SFF cases, most PIO form-factor motherboards, etc) that don't make their way to Alibaba let alone Aliexpress.

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

You aren't perchance a 25/50 in Richa leathers? :naughty::naughty::naughty:

edit: doesn't sound right does it.

11. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

*Shudders* Those things are the devil.

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

In this heat or in general?

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

This has turned into a very different thread.

14. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Just in general, leathers are the devils clothing of choice!

Sweaty as in summer and ice cold in winter!

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Also remember to check amazon, plenty of people who import Chinese stuff in bulk and dump it on amazon marketplace, no customs charges that way (too many Chinese sellers who don't understand that they have to fake the declared value by more for the UK than for America).

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Stops your flesh coming off though...

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

The amount of squids I keep bloody seeing in the City is outrageous.

I've never ridden without gloves, jacket, boots and jeans in my days. Rode without a helmet once, for all of ten meters before I realised I was missing something heavy on my bonk. That was a weird day.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Rode without a helmet for the length of my street, thinking it was alright as I was just moving the bike, pulled the front brake in at the end of the street at around [mph]acceptable figure[/mph] had a wobble, thought I was going to be sick and never, ever make that error again.

Leathers can be a mighty hassle though, I have a Dianese textile jacket for short commutes but if I take it anywhere else, sneaky trips to NW200, Ulster GP etc then the one piece goes on, sweaty or not. had a nice two piece but it's up for sale now because quite frankly I ate too much.

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I go through phases of buying stuff on ebay. At one point I was buying more than one graphics card per month, and a few years back I just couldn't shake the GAS. But times have changed and I'm not in any great hurry to change my system at all really, except if I get back into more recent games and need to get a better GPU.

For me, it's hobby stuff that makes ebay addictive. For example, Lego...

20. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Oops... I did it again. Another five boards on the way for $80 total.

I have a problem.

On the flip side... I’ve got the MSI H97 Gaming 3 which I paid a whole $1 for, plus $8.80 shipping. I feel like this is a weird but fun way to gamble with my spare cash. :)