1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Think I've lost 5 years of my life watching this England game. I could turn coal to diamond at this rate.

TheMadDutchDude and adidan like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Neither side been firing when on goal.

France will be happy to face either of these to be fair.

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Think Wargames, the only way to win is not to play.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Can hear every time England scores from the noise next door.

5. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Bottled it just like Spurs do .... oh wait a minute.

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. adidan

Ah well, a step too far.

Young squad did better than I expected, good show overall just a bit sloppy on the night.

To be fair the only consolation is that we won't be the ones being humiliated by France on Sunday. We're not ready for them yet. Yet.

Edit: On the plus side I don't have to listen to it's coming home being constantly sang by people who don't usually follow football. That song's been doing my head in.

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

People not doing what they say they will gives me a sad :(

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Especially since it pales in comparison to the best football song of all time

adidan likes this.
  9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I get the same problem. Heard a couple of groans, then it went strangely quiet...

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That’s what we get for trying to tuck up and just win one nill and we miss sitters

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Peace at last :D

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm annoyed at myself because I've been such a cynic and yet after that first goal I let myself believe. Never believe. Kill the fairies.

2nd half showed Southgate's tactical immaturity. Back 3 under pressure, wingback can't get forward, needed to switch to 451, push the back 3 right and bring young to leftback, trippier and sterling on the wings, henderson holding, Ali and lingard forward supporting the giant forehead of Kane. But I guess a million hours of swos makes anyone a qualified couch coach.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

My million hours of SWOS told me that England should have tried banana shots from just inside the opposition half.

The_Crapman likes this.
  14. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Did better than I though they would do, I thought 2nd round. Gutted but proud.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Football's coming... NOPE!...

They could still manage 3rd place, which England haven't managed since... well since the Women's team came 3rd in 2015.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2018
  16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Getting called a c##t by an idiot with no understanding of their GDPR rights.

Yes you do in fact have the right to a copy of your medical records, all of it, it doesn't even cost you anything. No you do not have the right to simply rock up to the Opticians and demand all of it there and then on the spot, I don't even have access to 'all the data' since I'm not the only guy you've seen. Nor do you have the right to order your medical records destroyed after the copy is handed to you (no really, they tried to tell me to do this). You especially don't have the right to be given expired, unsigned prescriptions so you can go and order shite off the internet, even when you get 'your data' you won't be getting that bit.

On the plus side, when they demanded my name and told them I was J, they responded with I want your full name, to which I got to say my full name was J the C##t.

Oh well, forwarded to legal, they did ask for a copy of their medical records after all...

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  17. adidan

Although we are U17 and U20 World Champions. That's promising for the future at least.

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Royal Fail :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Decided to actually put some effort in to gameplay recording and streaming, so bought a capture card put it in my 2nd pc and it doesn't get detected turns out my dad had damaged the pins in the socket :wallbash:

So replaced it with a Ryzen 3 1200 and thrown an old 780Ti in it, put the capture card in and works great but then it turns out that the capture will only pick up audio through the HDMI.

Tried various software of duplicating the sound so it goes through the HDMI and USB, but all it did was mess up the audio and the mic was playing all the sound through it so everyone could hear themselves.

Way to fix it is to use a mixer with various cables etc, so ordered it all and 90% of it arrived no issues, but the Behringer Hum Destroyers that I bought of Amazon, should have arrived on Saturday but didn't so the seller has sent out another set, which again have not arrived although they may arrive today.

Sent the seller a message on Amazon again this morning, saying that they have still not arrived and that they might arrive today but if they don't, that they would need to send replacement's via Special Delivery, I have offered to send a payment to them because it's simply not fair on them or myself that Royal Mail keep loosing them.

19. adidan

That's assuming they've been sent. Had proof?

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Yes - one package going missing is (from a quick google) somewhere from 1 in 100 to 1 in 1,000. Two going missing (assuming independent) is therefore from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 1,000,000... I'd be thinking that they hadn't even been sent

GeorgeStorm likes this.