1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 1800

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 22 Aug 2017.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ding ding, all aboard the industrial revolution

details are sketchy atm but it looks as is random islands are returning as well as multiplayer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Was gonna post this, then got distracted by family. Funny you mention random islands and multiplayer, when my mate linked me the trailer above he said it's supposed to be more like the older Annos. I replied saying so they've readded islands and MP then. I was on the mark then :grin: Hopefully combat is better too. Seen this video on reddit, it's in german.

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Judging from the video linked above Blue Byte is taking a more traditional aproach with 1800 than the err... less fun last entry in the series.

Fine by me, I'd buy a nicer looking 1404 or a mix between 1404 and 2070 anyday. The Victorian era is such a nice setting for a logistics game like Anno.

But then it's a game published by Ubisoft so they are bound to eff up the game somehow.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

plsu being in the industrial revolution gives access to a degree of technology and research that wouldn't have been found in 1404. i really liked the asthetics of 2205 but looking back at the games content its evident they were strugging to get to grips with the new engine. fingeres crossed that a another 4 years of playing with it will mean 1800 will be the anno game we want.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This has perked my interest but I hated 2070. I didn't know about 1404. Might try to see if I like that.

6. Aterius Gmork

Really - why? But you liked an older Anno game?

Gunsmith, you are abosultely right: 1800 should give us a good balance between handling of resources and goods on one hand and available technoligies to research and progress to be made on the other hand.

I fear the game will be balanced around some kind of DRM again though.

Last edited: 23 Aug 2017
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No I never played 1404, but I'm willing to try.

Just really hated the 2070 gameplay, hated early UPlay at the time and couldn't get into it. Seemed really convoluted and the tutorials were poor.

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I've seen a few times people mention that they prefer 1404 over 2070 because it was better and had more in it. For the life of me I don't know what they're on about, unless it's campaign related.

IMO, 1404, IIRC, is pretty much 2070 with a different time setting, lacking ecology, world events/missions. Though TBH, I can't remember the Anno formula changing much with the exception of 2205 and even that wasn't that different. Has been a while since I've played them all though!

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'd say Anno 1404 was/is the star of the series for me.
    Though I do prefer my strategy games to have a bit more of a historic focus, so I'm looking forward to playing another game in the series that's based around an earlier period.

I felt that Anno 1404 had more of a challenge in the later game mechanics, however that may have been more due to it being my first Anno game so I may have been more prepared when 2070 released.

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

One of the games of 1404 I played with some mates, which @modd1uk was also in, I'd built a slum island to make us some money. I went off for dinner while they played on and I came back to my island and everything seemed, off.

Turned out that my island literally burnt down, and none of them noticed! They attempted to rebuild it, but failed. Scumbags..... I think modd decided to screenshot the great fire of slumland :grin:

11. Aterius Gmork

So much this. Mechanics wise 2070 is a bit more streamlined than 1404, but the core formular was not changed at all . The setting was changed to the near future and the generally hated online DRM, Arc storage and daily missions were added, that's it. However I have never played an Anno campaign to this date, only sandbox games of varying difficulty settings.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

2070 was deeper/more complex but 1404 did a much better job of teaching you how to play and had the better campaign.

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I liked 2205 but it played like more of a city builder with light logistics compared to 2070. I disliked the drm solution in both games, ubisoft/bluebyte had clearly changed mechanics to accommodate the drm.

As for 1800? I love the idea of it, let's hope they don't wreck it by hiding key resource behind drm online mission wall... A feature that infested 2205.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2017
  14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

1404 was/is my favourite, recently picked it up on GoG actually so I have a digital copy. For me it's partially because I far prefer the settings/aesthetic, in terms of gameplay I don't think they're too far from each other.

Not got 2205 as I saw it was a bit of a divergence, and thought I'd wait until the game of the year edition came out or whatever with all dlc etc but just never did. Very hype for this though :D

Actually convinced a couple of friends to get 1404 this weekend so 6 of us have been mostly playing it at iseries this weekend :D

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

all aboard the hype train. next stop, FEB 26TH 2019

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Choo choo.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Recommend playing the originals then?

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

If you anyone needs a city builder fix between now and the release of Anno 1800 I can recommend Cliff Empire. It's a cheap early access title at £5.99 but has a unique graphics style and supprisingly satisfying logistics system.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

or two point hospital which is out next week

start with 1404, its better at introducing new players.

20. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I'd agree with starting on 1404 if possible. 1404/2070 are similar but there's more mechanics in 2070 so there'd be more to learn. I never really play the campaign as I prefer free play so i defer to Gunsmith on those :p

Edit: Video looks awesome, looked at the price of the collectors edition....Ha. Ha. Haaa.... wouldn't be bad if they included an actual season pass, and not a 2205 season pass that contains stuff but not all the stuff because it's not a season pass. 1800 has just one DLC on their collectors edition so I suppose they've at least learn one leason.

Edit Edit: @MLyons https://store.ubi.com/uk/anno-1404-gold/56c4947f88a7e300458b467c.html £3.12

Last edited: 22 Aug 2018