1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games for flight (macbook air 2013)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by silk186, 24 Aug 2018.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

My wife bought a new MacBook Pro so I've taken her MacBook air mid-2013.

13.3-inch (1440 by 900)
    1.3GHz dual-core i5-4250U (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz)
    4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 5000
    256 GB M.2 SSD

I just finished setting it up this afternoon with all the software and accounts needed to continue working on my thesis while in China for 3 weeks. I will be taking 5 flights over this period so I'm thinking to take some TV shows, movies and install a few games. I can either use the trackpad I see if I can set up an Xbox one controller with Bluetooth.

Does the MacBook have support for the Xbox one controller over Bluetooth?
    What games would be suitable to run on an i5-4250U with integrated graphics?
    • mac support
    • playable with trackpad
    • no twitch games

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had pretty much the same MacBook Air, I think, although mine was the 128GB SSD version. Games I successfully played on it:

Gone Home - sent the fans nuts, but the performance was fine.

Yorkshire Gubbins - To be honest, pretty much any point-and-click would fit the bill. This one's particularly lovely, though.

Invisible, Inc.

Frozen Synapse.

Uplink.

TIS-100.

Shenzhen I/O.

I'd moved on to a Proper Computer by the time I started playing Exapunks, but that'd run great on it too.

Don't sniff at some of the older stuff out there, either: a decent text adventure can suck up bags of time and will let you play for hours on a single charge.

EDIT:
    Also, some other suggestions from an earlier, similar thread.

silk186 likes this.
  3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Any of the DOSbox comaptible classics should run just fine. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri will happily eat up hundreds of hours of flights.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

Invisible, Inc. and Exapunks both look good.