1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Corsair 1000D Mega-Build Update 5: Integrating Reservoirs into a Distro Plate!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Sep 2018
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Using the mating plate to zero a part you need to mill the back of... I saw that. That's a dirty trick, and it's brilliant.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Good video, music/voice audio levels seem bang on since the last one I watched. Pretty hypnotic to watch it all, and coconut shavings sprung to mind when Johnny 0.5 went to work.

Edit: Still can't fullscreen the video, is this just me and Opera being special?

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Don't show Charlie Sheen this video.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Doesn't work for me either, option is greyed out in the embedded video, but if I go to youtube it works fine there (Opera 54).

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's being 'special' in Firefox [62b20] and Edge [44] too

7. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Are you at Lan then buddy?

J.

8. shinji2k

shinji2k Minimodder

I am genuinely impressed that you are already to the point where you are thread milling. What has it been, a few months since you got the router? I still dread thread milling when I have to do it.

9. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Nice work.

Are the plastic shaving that hard to control or was your vacuum not turned on?

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Looking into this :thumb:

11. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Threadmilling was just waaaaaay too good an opportunity to pass up on haha. I've actually used it for every block I've made on the machine so far, so starting in April or so. Parts of it definitely give me the heebie jeebies though, have to trust that I've not forgotten any options in CAM or else CRUNCH. That threadmill cutter is ridiculous though, being able to cut and thread the hole in one pass save so much time on larger jobs.

Main issue atm is that the bristles aren't quite long enough to catch all the chips for the longer endmills. I could try making a floating dust boot, but that feels fairly far down the line currently. It's still significantly better with the shoe than without though so that's good at least.

Tags: Add Tags