1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Giant house spiders. had one crawl from behind my monitor and scare the crap outta me. trapped it with an empty spindle cover and some card before shaking it to death like I was mixing a cocktail before giving it a foamy sendoff down the bog.

******* things.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

New shoes. Stupidly didn't try them on before I bought them as 'i know I'm a 10' and 'next shoes are always fairly wide. It's like they've been made for people with bound feet.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Glad i'm not the only one - guessing it's to do with the weather change, but we've had 3 monster ones in the last 2 days. One ******* I only saw because I heard it scratching against the coving it was trying to climb up onto and another was so big I struggled to get it into the nozzle of the cordless vac!

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I use a mini Dyson, nothing can withstand its power.

With you on the shoes crapman, I have spades for feet (see wide) and there seems to be some kind of trend for skinny pointy shoes, quite why I cant understand. I take an 11, trouble being I cant actually get into most 11's so end up going up a size or two and have acres of space in the toe box so you not only trip over your newly extended feet but also loose the ability to drive.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Poor house spiders. They're harmless, unless you're a fly. All they want to do is chill out with you and catch annoying buzzing things for you.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

At this time of the year they come in looking for some jiggy jiggy with the ladies living in the house from what I recall.

Yeah, not a huge fan but since having to deal with the ones in NZ which seem to have been necking steroids the UK ones ain't so bad, they usually fit under a pint glass at least. And unlike Aus they're not out to try and kill you.

Don't kill them though, they're awesome creatures, absolutely awesome.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I didn't know that - even more reason to leave 'em alone, then. Don't cock-block the spiders, people!

Do spiders have cocks? <heads to Wikipedia> Ah, they have 'palpal bulbs,' apparently.

Don't palpal-bulb-block the spiders, people!

The_Crapman, spolsh and adidan like this.
  8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

9. legoman

I just add them to the Dyson Disco

Wakka and The_Crapman like this.
  10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The only thing awesome about them is the crunch under my boot.

The_Crapman and Wakka like this.
  11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aw man, reading these spider-murder stories makes me sad. Spiders rule.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

It's our wrong that I initially read this as "papal bulbs"?

Ed: was supposed to say "is it wrong". Bloody phone.

MLyons likes this.
  13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

If I hear another one scratching away at my cornicing, i'm burning the entire house to the ground - with all the bugs/insects/arachnids in it.

EDIT:

pre-emptive anti-pedantism measures initiated...

adidan likes this.
  14. legoman

An this is why I'm not allowed round peoples houses any more...

15. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Started a project, got it to 90% completion and found a major flaw in the development. Decided to start again as it would be easier than adjusting the current development. 12 months wasted in development time but learned a few lessons along the way so it's not all bad.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Looked at a flat in Germany..

If it wasn't for the landlords, it'd have been great. They had a lot of weird rules, he was (reasonably, based on the required income for the area, and his age) high up in the Police, and was.. Yeah. "that" way inclined with rules and order. Aside from that, and the lack of parking, it was really good. Ah well. On to the next!

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

With the level of behaviour Riot tolerates from League of Legends players it does not surprise me in the slightest that it's management and development team would behave like uppity teenagers.

What surprises me is that they haven't been sued yet. If that's the level of language they use routinely, you would think employment lawyers would be stting up firms in the basement and hiring personal couriers just to deliver all the sexual harassment claims. Then again they might be and Riot might just be taking the settle without a fuss and bury it approach.

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Do you play LoL? Because they actually hold players to a much higher standard than this. Which in my opinion makes it worse. They expect players to be better behaved online in a competitive game than they are in their workplace.

There are a lot of NDAs which may be preventing it.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I confess, I haven't touched League of Legends since 2014, when I can only describe the behaviour of it's player base as vile. If they've improved since then fair play to them, but it was nothing but abuse and false reports when I last picked it up.

20. MLyons

Don't get me wrong. It's still pretty toxic but players now do get banned for being toxic. I've just read this PR statement put out by riot and until we've seen them actually doing something I'll be moving to Dota