1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA pushes Battlefield V to late November

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 31 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Good decision really. I have not been lucky enough to play the closed build but it shows they are trying. I dont care at all about COD so my money isnt going anywhere else.

Still. I am not pre-ordering this one either, I will be waiting for release day to make sure others are happy with it.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Needs more polish? Just turn on rtx and everything will be super polished :p

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yeah, this delay has absolutely nothing to do with evading the releases of CoD and Red Dead Redemption 2 in October. Or with the abysmal pre-order numbers for BF V. Or with the backlash about including women to please SJW.

"We will take more time to make the game better. We will change the core gameplay based on YOUR feedback!!!1111oneeleven" ... Open beta starts next Friday. Cool story, bro.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Buying any EA game for full price would be stupid, get £20 a year Origin access and play it like half a year after launch when it has been patched...

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Battlefield 'fans': "Oh Em Gee how dare EA include female soldiers in a WW2 game it's so unrealistic it's ruined the game it's SJW nonsense."

Also Battlefield 'fans': "I just jumped out of the cockpit of a jet fighter, landed on another jet fighter, opened it, knifed the pilot, jumped off again, spun in midair, sniped a guy on a building three miles away, then landed back on my original jet fighter and flew away. This is perfectly realistic."

Suuuuuure.

edzieba, The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Women in WW2?

Totally
    [​IMG]

Unrealistic
    [​IMG]

SJW Nonsense
    [​IMG]

edzieba and The_Crapman like this.
  8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ea tire me.

I'm a big BF fan, many thousands of hours in all of them but BF1 has left me massively disappointed, still played it to death but I really doubt I'll carry on.

Biggest issue is ignoring the hacker issue (please don't tell me they don't exist because you're an idiot or blind if u think they don't), they have either been ignoring it or just cant counteract it which is just useless.

The whole women in ww2 is just a smoke screen and pointless, of course they were involved in a massive way.

Including women just to attract female gamers is pathetic and just another case of being politically correct. I couldn't care less of the sex of a character I play, tomb raider I play as a woman with no other choice, Mirrors edge same thing, why would I care its a game and even if it wasn't there's nothing wrong with being female, strongest people on the planet I reckon..

They did the same thing with ghost busters, ooh lets make it women so we can stand out and it was ****, not cos it had women characters just cos it was crap.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2018
  9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Which is it: did EA put wimminz in ma gamez because it wanted to attract female gamers, or because it wanted to be politically correct? The two things are completely separate and unrelated. One is something it did in order to boost sales, which is pretty much why any company makes any change to any product ever; the other is a conspiracy to make the world a slightly less shitty place, and how jolly dare they.
    Says person who sees no other reason for adding women as playable characters to a previously single-gendered franchise other than to be "politically correct." If you really couldn't care less, why are you posting about it?
    I actually enjoyed the new Ghostbusters. Not as good as the original, but then I can't think of many films - ghost-related or not, male leads or female - that are.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The whole thing is funny any way, outrage over some cinematic trailer that is extremely unlikely to be representative of the final product and an EA product at that?

Fans of Dungeon Keeper, Command & Conquer, Sim City, NFS etc would like a word with you if you get triggered by such a minor EA related non-controversy.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

@Gareth Halfacree
    Your kinda just making me out to be a bit sexist.

I'm just not that good at wording things.

My point was more about people jumping up and down about it.

If was a women I wouldn't be drawn to a game just because they added women seemingly just for that reason.

12. Gareth Halfacree

No, I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in what you're saying.
    Here's the thing, though: "people" haven't been jumping up and down about it. Men have. A particular type of man, in fact. Women's reactions have ranged from complete indifference to "oh, neat, I get to play a woman this time;" men's reactions have ranged from complete indifference to "EA SJW CUCKS RUINING MAH VIDJAGAMEZ WITH FEMOIDS BOYCOTT."

I agree that "people" jumping up and down about it is stupid. In fact, that's sort of the point of my posts.
    What evidence do you have it's "just for that reason?" There have been... <heads to Wikipedia> 32 Battlefield games and spin-offs so far. Battlefield V, the 33rd game in the franchise, is the first to have a female major playable character. That's three percent.

Looking at game sales, 45 percent of US gamers are female, so it certainly ain't representative of the customer base. It's also below the industry average: of the games shown at E3 2018, eight percent had female lead characters, and 50 percent a mix of male-and-female (like Battlefield V does).

When you've released 32 games starring Angry Man With Gun, wouldn't it be tempting to release a game starring Angry Woman With Gun just for a bit of variation?

Last edited: 2 Sep 2018
  13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

In all truth I have no idea why I posted.

My wifes birthday and we had a few drinks, I guess pointless things bother me more when I'm drunk.

It just seemed like a cheap trick to lure people in to something that if reports are to be believed isn't pre selling very well.

I'm not good at debating so I'll just admit I'm in the wrong and leave it at that.

14. Gareth Halfacree

You've inverted cause and effect, there: EA didn't add a female character at the last minute because the game wasn't doing well in the pre-order charts and it wanted to attract more female gamers; it had planned a female character from the very start - between concept art, character art, making the model, adding it to the script, motion-capture sessions, animating the model, and voice-over recording, "adding a character" is not something you do at the last minute in a game like Battlefield - and when that certain-type-of-man found out that was the case said certain-type-of-man boycotted the game because certain-type-of-man is a bit speshul. That had a larger-than-average impact on sales volume, because there's a sad but undeniable overlap between certain-type-of-man and men-who-play-Battlefield - just ask anyone who's played the multiplayer portion of any of the games while having the sheer cheek to Not Be Male.

It's neither cheap nor a trick, in other words: it's just something the writers decided to do, long before anyone knew there was a Battlefield V even being worked on, possibly because writing for Angry Man With Gun had gotten stale, possibly because they felt it was about time the franchise stopped ignoring ~50 percent of the population, and maybe even because the writers are SJW Cucks Out To Ruin Mah Vidjagames Even Though That Would Mean They Were Out Of A Job.
    Been there, done that. (Drunk arguing about unimportant topics, not your wife's birthday!)

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

You say a certain type of men play battlefield, from what gets put up in the chat its seems more like a load of kids that play battlefield lol

One thing I would really relish is to do away with the chat system altogether then I don't have to read all the silly comments (I know I can turn it off but Its like a moth to a flame and I end up turning it back on again).

I'm very reluctant to buy it when its released, I played both closed alphas and it just didn't gel for me.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Well, yeah, there's that too: a heady combination of children-yet-to-grow-up and men-who-never-grew-up-in-the-first-place. Always a delight! (There are perfectly normal, pleasant people who play Battlefield too, I'm sure. It's just you never seem to get put into a lobby with those ones, do you?)
    I used to play a lot of multiplayer Halo (Grifball on Halo 3 represent, yo!) and "Mute Player" was an absolute necessity.
    I have to admit, I'm half-tempted to buy it just 'cos of the fuss the manchildren have made. Wouldn't be the first time I've bought something just to express support: I own... four copies of Gone Home? Five? Let's see... Day-one Steam release, Humble Bundle, Physical PC-DVD Collector's Edition, Some Other Bundle, and PS4 digital so the missus could play it on the big screen (and then she didn't 'cos she found the house too spooky, even though I explained you're completely alone in there and cannot be harmed in any way). So yeah, five. Hell, it's out on Switch now, I might even make that six...

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The beauty of playing Fortnite Solo mode, communication is impossible.

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Surely it just works?

loftie likes this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Guess my comment started something here... :worried:

Anyway, still think they will not polish anything in the game until release. They are just scared of competition. And I still think they added women mainly (not solely) to get positive coverage by SJW.

20. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

My wife doesn't particularly enjoy games she can't pick to be a female character (main reason she isn't interested in The Witcher but is interested in Cyberpunk 2077). Hopefully this way she'll play Battlefield with me. :) I enjoyed BF3 and BF4, skipped BF1 but look forward to BFV to be honest.

Tags: Add Tags