1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Parvum Issues - Custom Order advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Impatience, 2 Sep 2018.

1. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Hi guys, needing your advice on what to do.. Long story short, I'd ordered a custom milled reservoir/front plate for my 350D. Everything seemed to be going smoothly untill after the design renders came through, I had agreed to go ahead with the manufacturing of the part and didn't think anything of it. (18th June at this point.)
    Later on, I sent an email asking how far down production the product had gone, as I've worked in small manufacturing companies before and am aware things can get delayed, what the estimated completion date would be. They replied a day later saying that they were expecting to send via courier the next week, so could they confirm address etc. I gave my parents address and contact number as I was due to go on a holiday in two weeks time at that point.. (18th July at this point.)

Since then, I've been away for a month and neither my parents nor myself have had any updates or anything arrive. I've sent an email asking for them to clarify what the siruasitu is, as maybe there was a delay but it is four days later now and wondering if anyone had any experience with Parvum before for advice?

Just want to clarify, I don't think I've been scammed at all or whatever.. Just want to see if anyone else has had custom things done and wanted to see what lead times were like for them, if there were delays etc.

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I bought a custom (pre production) ITX case from Parvum 4 years ago, and it did take some time to arrive, and they were a hard to communicate with.
    As far as I know (at least this was the situation 4 years ago), they are a small company - 2 guys plus some help in a small industrial unit working at full stretch, as they have become quite successful.
    You could try sending a PM to Maki Role (Alex), who has had a lot of contact with them, and he may be able to advise or prod them for you.
    I know they're not scammers, just very busy small company with little time to leave the coal face and email people.

3. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Yeah, I saw their stuff on OCUK, so thought they were bigger now... But maybe not by the sounds of it.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll send Alex a message in a few days if I don't hear back from them at all. They may have just had a big custom job that took longer than expected with a higher priority to come through the doors!

4. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Hey Impatience,

Now I recall your order as not a standard Parvum case thing and recall it being finished. Which leads me to believe it should have shipped! That said I am aware emails are up to date, so either yours was missed, or ended up not with us. Either way, I will be back at the office tomorrow and I will check your order status and update you right away. I am sure it was all finished, so whatever the problem may or may not be, seems like you will have it early in the week!

I will get someone to email you and send a DM here to ensure no issues.

Impatience and Arboreal like this.
  5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It seems like he's not good at waiting.... :naughty:

6. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Yeah, it was a complete custom order. Not 100% sure what happened with the last email, missed or otherwise.. Just wanted to check up on what's going on as been away in New Zealand for a month or so and trying to get my head around things! (starting a new job on monday as well!)

Almost as if there's a hint of Impatience going on.. :naughty: ;)

The_Crapman likes this.