1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Win10 Install issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by atanum141, 11 Sep 2018.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Hi All

Just a small issue which I can't get over at the moment and it has stumped me. Basically I have a 10yr old machine I would like to put win10 on. Recently I have upgraded it for about a tenner to get a little more life out of it.

Specs:
    Q6600
    4gigs of 6400DDR2
    120SSD
    G31 Gigabyte board
    AMD 4540 pci gfx card

Now the issue is getting windows onto it. Ive downloaded the newest iso of win10 and loaded it onto a usb. However when I try or fiddle with the BIOS settings it says It cannot find the operating system and asks for a restart. I have tried multiple times and just weird as i've never had this issue before (years ago). Now theres 2 thoughts of trying here, with either trying to install win7 and see if i can or I have also tried to burn a dvd (remember those kids?) weirdly the dvd failed to burn.

If anyones got suggestions let me know please.

2. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Have you tried googling the issue. A quick check suggest that Gigabyte might have USB boot issue and there are a few suggestions for overcoming the issue.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My initial thought would be the board doesn't support booting from USB, or something went titsup during the making of the install usb.

4. atanum141

I am thinking the booting issue also, Even tho I dont have the most up to date BIOS its close enough and I have installed over usb before. i just cant put my finger on it.

I may have to BIOS update tho.

EDIT: Just updated to latest BIOS

Last edited: 11 Sep 2018
  5. atanum141

Ok So the BIOS Update did the trick and it went into setup but now Im having issues installing onto my SSD, Shall I try with an old mech harddrive?

6. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

What kind of issues....? You’ve got to be a little more descriptive than “issues.”

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Probably RST drivers or similar. But as TMDD said, could you be a smidge more vague?