1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hm, not considered playing Crysis since I've had a pc that can run it.

Well i'm presuming it can now.

I think I played C3 but can't say I found it memorable.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Crysis hacked about to run 4k really is still a wonderful experience.

3. rma

rma Minimodder

Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4.
    Took me about 135h but I completed absolutely everything - storyline, side quests, collections etc etc.
    Been a long time since I did everything in a game!!!

Gonna play something else before looking at the DLC expansion.

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Heat Signature for me. Absolutely love the game and am enjoying starting my second play through now that I'm half decent at the game - having started from scratch and having not unlocked a lot of my favourite weapons / gadgets is forcing me to play in whole other ways which this game seems to excel at - you can play it almost any way you feel like :D

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Crysis 3 not nearly as good as 2 but reasonable fun nonetheless.

6. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Chuchel
    It's the most simple and minimalist of games but I really liked it. The animation is just wonderful and it's lots of fun clicking on everything to see all the cute little gags they put in.
    Not my favorite Amanita game, but still incredibly, ridiculously charming from start to finish.

EDIT:
    Apparently Amanita is working on a horror game now.
    "Yeah, it's like Chuchel is a full out burst of comedy, this is a full out burst of disturbing things."
    DO WANT.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-creators-of-machinarium-and-chuchel-are-making-a-horror-game/

7. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

Brothers.. strange game, lovely graphics.. weird controls that take some getting used to.. and an odd story that seems to feature a lot of death! - but a very good game that keeps drawing you back - worth the 5+ hours of anyone's time.

8. adidan

Elite Dangerous.

Well I bought some shizzle, sold said shizzle, ubered a few peeps and shot up a few peeps more.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

And now, like me, I assume you're bored of it?

10. adidan

Well, been trying a few different things, had a week off but yeah it's not grabbing me. 'Other things' generally just means different ships doing different go there get/do this thing.

Times have changed from the original, as too have games. Goint to persist a while longer, see what happens.

11. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Monster Hunter: World. It's been a while since I've actually finished a game as I mainly play multiplayer stuff now on my days off, but I did finally get to end-game proper a week or so ago \o/ Now the game really begins. Or you know, doesn't. Because I'm locked out of all the stuff my friends are doing, including the weekly events because I haven't reached HR 50 yet. Euuuuuurrrrghhhh. I do like the game, it's incredibly silly fun, but I'm not really into killing the monsters ("research" right...) I'm really bad at using all the weapons, everything seems way too complex for me. I just want to jump into a game and have fun, but this one wants me to have 14 spreadsheets open at any given time to get the most out of it! However, it keeps me coming back for more because it is totally possible to get carried through it all (once you watch some cut-scenes solo because heaven forbid anyone would want to watch a cut-scene for a second time so they could play with their friends :eyebrow: ), there are loads of cats everywhere and I get on every day just to pet Poogie and see what he can dig up for me.

12. Pliqu3011

Mother 3 (fan translation v1.1)
    Weird, funny and sometimes a little disturbing. Pretty good.
    The combat system has some clever bits (like the rolling damage counters that allow you to heal before otherwise lethal damage knocks you out, if you're fast enough) but just like pretty much any Final Fantasy-style turn-based battle system I personally rarely really enjoy it. The true greatness here lies in the characters, the enemy designs, the dialogue, the bizarre, winding storyline and a few really great (visual) gags.
    the toilet floor in Porky's tower at the end genuinely had me in tears
    The ending feels a little unsatisfying in a way, but I'm guessing that's deliberate.

It's wonderfully eccentric. If you like games that are a bit different you might enjoy this.

13. Pliqu3011

Gunpoint
    Not the longest or most difficult game in the world but great fun. Hilarious dialogue, loved the little epilogue.
    Will probably replay sometime to get all the achievements.

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Agreed about Gunpoint, really enjoyed it.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
    A game similar to Commandos/Desperados (one of my favourite games) but modern and so works wonderfully on new systems which is huge, has a great UI, looks good in general, sounds good, would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys those styles of games!

15. Pliqu3011

Gorogoa
    10/10 | ✔ | A+++ | 100% | 5 bags of popcorn and 5 sodas

Perfect for what it is.
    It's an overused, cheezy expression, but this game genuinely is a magical experience. A puzzle game unlike any other, Gorogoa bends your brain in an entirely different way than, say, SpaceChem or Braid. It's an astounding achievement on both a technical and artistical level. I'm not going to spoil anything but it blew my mind many times over and it even managed to pull off an impressive finale (a puzzle game!).

It's short and sweet. Maybe a bit expensive for its short duration, but the fact that despite this, the Steam community reviews are so overwhelmingly positive should tell you something.
    Gorogoa is something special.

16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

South Park The Fractured But Whole
    Very funny at points and an enjoyable game.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The Long Dark

Well, as far as you can go - episode three doesn't come out until December, I think.

Excellent game though.

18. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Definitely a gem, this game. I've blown through the game, but barely touched on the bonuses etc so... have I completed it? Hm...

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hah I know what you mean, plenty of stuff to redo, some of them I can't even begin to think how they're possible haha.
    Also don't know if you saw but.....
    https://www.pcgamer.com/desperados-3-brings-shadow-tactics-to-the-wild-west/

Dangerous levels of hype haha. (trailer is great, along with some gameplay footage from gamescom)

20. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Wing Commander 1

GOG version using dosbox

I never played it the first time round. For a game that is 27 ~ years old it was lots of fun, although there was this one mission towards the end that was so infuriating I nearly rage destroyed my whole PC. Got it in the end though, and I hear that the mission is something of a badge of honour.