1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I have reserved this rifle (to actually "purchase" it would be technically illegal) and it will be held at my local RFD until my licence comes in the post, after which time I'll be able to take it home and use it.

It's a .22 caliber TX200 MK3 with a seemingly well-oiled beech stock, Nikko Stirling 5-20x50 scope, and the whole package was just £325. Can't wait to see the thing far less shoot it.

[​IMG]

mrlongbeard and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bargain. You're going to have fun with that!

LennyRhys likes this.
  3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Damned right! It's going to be a little painful at first though; I'll get to have a look at the rifle probably by the weekend, but I may have to wait several weeks before I can actually shoot it. :waah:

Arboreal likes this.
  4. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

6ft x 3ft Oak pool table with Italian slate bed, 2 cues for adults plus one for children, 2" marbled pool balls, 2.25" American pool balls Michael Van Gerwen branded dartboard with Oak (effect) surround/scoreboards and 2 sets of darts, disused shop counter made of Oak - have transformed my double garage into a bar :rock::rock::rock:Pics at weekend when its all completely assembled and then rolling updates when I add AV equip and lights etc.

All for circa £300 by being patient and jumping on Gumtree/Facebook marketplace listings as soon as quality items became available.

The_Crapman, LennyRhys and Arboreal like this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

<internal monologue: "blimey, this guy's loaded.">
    <internal monologue: "blimey, this guy's a bargain hunter!">

Nicely done - looking forward to seeing the pics!

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've always wanted a decent pool table. Getting just the slate bed table for 300 is a bargain. Well done. Can't wait to see pics.

7. teacherboy

The table was £200 - guy paid around £1000 for it 20 years ago, so it was a bit of a bargain, he also sold me his BCE custom cue for £10 as he didn't have a pool table to use it with anymore :hehe::hehe: Other pot black branded cue was £10 and is a nice 3 piece one

[​IMG]IMG_20180910_183724 by Simon Brown, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20180910_183743 by Simon Brown, on Flickr

2.25" American Pool balls and 2" marbled pool balls were £25 for both.

[​IMG]IMG_20180910_200009 by Simon Brown, on Flickr

Dartboard + Surround + 2 sets of darts was £25

Oak topped (5" thick!) and pine structure counter that'll be the "bar" was £50 and i picked it up this afternoon (disassembled) and have reassembled in garage (adding some extra brackets and screws to improve its overall stability and make it suitable for moving in/out of garage to garden and street for when we have street parties/fireworks night)

[​IMG]received_245084062872972 by Simon Brown, on Flickr
    Pic as it was in shop (they sold wood burners!)

So £320 all in as it stands at the moment - will add a stereo we have going spare with a bluetooth adaptor i'll purchase - already have some AVF speaker brackets i bought for £2 off facebay last year and never used, so can get some music in there and am considering whether i'd want a TV on the wall as well.........

There's already an old fridge freezer in there that houses beer, wine, mixers, soft drinks and ice, so booze is sorted :rock::rock:

8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

That’s awesome!! :D

I’m busy installing my rear view camera that I purchased for my truck. So far, so good. Easy enough to install. I just have to finish running the wire harness tomorrow and then hook it into the radio. Should be golden by the end of this weekend. It’ll be well worth the $325 spent on it. I could’ve had the dealer install it for another $200+ ... as if! I’ll do it myself. :)

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I just visited an Amazon treasure truck and came back with a burger box.
    A buddy of mine sent me a message notifying me it was just around the corner. Intrigued, I ordered and went to collect.
    To my delight, it all looks rather delicious, and a IMO a good deal for a tenner.

10. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah, being mature
    [​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have no idea what any of this means and yet I fell like i'm missing out.

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Yeah same. Need to investigate...

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Nor did I.

Message from friend: "Treasure Truck at Colwick Racecourse today! <link>" (a place relatively close to me)

Intrigued, I bit. Basically it's an Amazon truck with a "thing of the day", that drives around and stops in designated spots for an hour or so at a time. You, from the amazon website, say "hey I want this thing", order it and get a QR code on your phone. You go to the truck at the time and collect your thing.

Today's thing was a burger box. For a tenner, four rather nice looking burgers, brioche buns, cheese, bacon and onion chutney. All sufficiently high quality that a tenner seems like a bit of a deal. But even if it wasn't, it's dinner tonight sorted.

adidan likes this.
  15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Went to my local RFD today and had a hold of my rifle. It's in amazing nick and looks to be one heck of a bargain buy. Scope is clean and clear too. Regardless of how well it shoots I'm expecting to make a project out of it, e.g. give it a good clean and re-grease, and possibly tune it at some point too.

All I have to do in the meantime is wait for my licence to come in the post... Scotland, you've let me down bro. :wallbash: :waah:

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Stolen IGN's image since mine has yet to be delivered...

[​IMG]

liratheal likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It took four months of planning, saving and work but it's there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never did sit down and work out exactly what it cost, and I don't think I will either as I value my heart.

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Serious dream games room stuff there. :thumb:

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just because I can't take the rifle home doesn't mean I can't take the scope home... so I did, and I gave it a good clean. Turns out it's the (more expensive) IR version of the scope with 30mm tube, so I popped in a fresh 3V lithium battery and the LRX reticle is highlighted in all its glory. Optics are flawless too. Those paper targets don't stand a chance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mrlongbeard likes this.
  20. teacherboy

Am thinking I have enough spare pc parts that i can just have an bunch of emulated games on a tv as there really isn't room for arcade cabinets (still has to house bikes, lawnmower, tools etc.) - have a wii going so could have wii sports/mariokart/marioparty .......