1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ "Replicant" (Blade Runner 2049) CaseMOD Invitational

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by EnviousMods, 2 Jun 2018.

1. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

[​IMG]

Invitational Badge:
    I fealt it was only proper to make a Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational badge for the cable management setup on the Replicant mod. I designed it from the ground up since I've been having some software issues. Took a lot more time but I like the way it came out so it's well worth it.

[​IMG]

Front Acrylic:
    Originally I didn't plan on making custom front pieces. I did however make a few acrylic pieces that make up the front but didn't originally design pieces to go around the front fans. Once I started disassembling and reassembling the front I decided that I really needed to make something to go around the fans even though they really wouldn't be seen much. I spent hours designing and redesigning a new front fan shroud. After many redesigns I came up with a great 1.

[​IMG]

Leak Testing: (video)
    I always go through a basic check list before leak testing. Making sure all the adaptors, tubes and fittings are tight is important to eliminate the potential for small leaks. The most common leak I come across is from not tightening an adapter or fitting all the way. Usually if I have time I'll fill the entire loop with coolant or distilled water without powering up the pump. Most of the time this isn't doable because most loops require you to power up the pump to fill the 2nd half of the loop. I design my loops so it usually isn't requured. This allows me to let the loop sit overnight before powering up the pump. It's not a required measure but make easier for me.

VID_239520312_040004_935.mp4

[​IMG]

2. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

[​IMG]

Final Assembly:
    It's my favorite time of any case mod; final assembly! I'm doing some of the final stuff in a bit different order than usual. I'm waiting to put on the two side shrouds until after leak testing so I can see all the watercooling fittings and connections. I was a letter to snag a few pics during the process. I still need to play with the dye a little to get the exact shades I want.

[​IMG]

All Booted Up!
    The moment of truth........when you flip the full power switch for the 1st time. It took me an hour just to flip the switch for the 1st time. It's that moment when it'll all be good or really bad. Fortunately it all went well.

Installing Windows 10 was a breeze on the Plextor M9Pe PCIE SSD. It was definitely one of the fastest installs I've done. After that it's time to install all the Asus utilities and drivers for the X470 Maximus Crosshair VII wifi + STRIX GTX 1070 gpu. Next up was installing the software for Thermaltakes new RGB software (V2.2). It took a bit to figure out at 1st but I got the hang of it after swapping around a couple things.

[​IMG]

kim likes this.
  3. AML_customs_pc

AML_customs_pc Minimodder

Great work buddy.

EnviousMods likes this.
  4. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

Thank you very much. About to start final pics and video. There will also be some new parts to see.

AML_customs_pc likes this.
  5. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

[​IMG]

It Comes to an End:

I can't thank you all enough who have supported the "Replicant" case mod. I'm amazed at the amount of support and positivity that has been shared with me. This competition was quite the journey and seeing Replicant finished; I know the extremely long hours were worth it.

I manged to push myself further than i ever have before while assuring that every piece is clean looking and achieved at my high standards. I pulled off my goal to touch every single piece and mod it in one way or another. Everything was done in house and with my own hands; the end result is something I'm extremely happy with. Thanks again and make sure to place your vote!

••Make SURE to VOTE for the Replicant CaseMOD Invitational build••

[​IMG]

Thank You to our Sponsors!
    Thermaltake - ASUS - AMD - Plextor - Gskill - ROG - Luxa - TT Esports

A massive thank you goes out to our Sponsors as the Replicant case mod wouldn't have been possible without them! Thermaltake also did a great job helping us all out with anything we needed. They have some wonderful employees that truly love the sport of Competitive Modding!

Hardware Specs:

Motherboard: Asus X470 Crosshair VII
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700
    Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1070
    Ram: Gskill RGB TridentZ DDR4 (16gb)
    Storage: Plextor 512gb NVM PCIE SSD
    Power Supply: Thermaltake iRGB 850w
    Cables: Lian Li Strimer & Thermaltake black and white sleeved extensions
    Fans: Thermaltake 120mm Trio RGB, Ring Plus & Pure Plus.
    Accessories: TT Lumi Plus addressable leds strips, 5" touch screen monitor, vandal switch

Watercooling: Thermaltake D5 dual pumps, 4 X reservoirs, 480mm copper radiator, 4 X 120mm radiators, Pacific W4 Plus CPU block, GPU waterblock, 2 digital led controllers, Sync controller, 2 X inline digital temp sensors and white 16mm C-Pro fittings

Final Photos & (Video Coming soon):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. HuguesP

HuguesP What's a Dremel?

A little late to party but still here for the after hour. Tremendous work, you are really skilled and have the essence of art. keep up!

EnviousMods likes this.
  7. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

8. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the case mod. I definatly poured my heart and soul into it and modding is my life so I'm glad it came out in the final product. Thanks again Hugues and don't forget to shoot me a vote when the Thermaltake polls open soon.

9. kim

kim hardware addict

final result is plendid :jawdrop:, many cool ideas in this design, great mod :thumb:

EnviousMods likes this.
  10. _Prometheus_

_Prometheus_ Minimodder

Yeahhhh... this autumn will be hot. :dremel:

EnviousMods likes this.
  11. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

Thanks Kim! The more you look the more you notice for sure. Lots of little details

12. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Overall stunning to look at, with a lotta really nice little touches, love all the lines and shapes too! :rock:

EnviousMods likes this.
  13. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder

14. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Minimodder