1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Am looking for a scope for my air rifle to replace the basic hawke one it came with - is that an adjustable objective so you can get clear focus down to 10m and out to 50+ as well as the bonus of the illuminated reticle with the holdover marks for distance adjustment

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

No adjustable objective; this scope has an extra side turret for focus adjustment, in line with most mid- to high-end scopes. With mag maxed out at 20x I can get focus at around 12m pretty easily, and I'll probably get a side wheel for it in the near future to help with fine focal adjustment.

I've been really fortunate with my second-hand scope buys - my last one was a Falcon Menace, and these are really nice scopes if you can afford them!

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

IMG_20180917_134227.jpg

The Art of Point-and-Click Adventure Games, the latest from BItmap Books. Picked up the (too expensive, in my opinion) Collector's Edition, which is described as being in a big-box-style PC game box. Well, it's arrived, and it's more like a PC: the box is huge. Keyring for scale.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Phew, it fits!

Last edited: 17 Sep 2018
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'm sure we had a couple of amiga games in gigantic boxes. Putty I remember being particularly large, especially as it was only 1-2 discs unlike the 15 disc syndicate that was in a smaller box.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Another Dell E7470 that is missing its RAM, SSD, battery and charger. I already have a spare charger, and the rest of the parts should add up to less than I can sell it for - profit!

I also bought an "untested" Intel Core i9-7900X for $266 that I hope works. It's an easy flip for $700+ on eBay.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Two things G.

1: What do you have on your keyring? Looks interesting, something i'd not thought i'd say about a keyring.

2: Fnarr, fnarr. Giggety.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At the moment:

Nitecore Thumb torch: 45 lumens, USB rechargeable, dual-LED with bright, dim, flash modes plus a pair of red LEDs on the face which have on and flash modes. Best feature is that the head can be angled by 90 degrees, so you can clip it to your jacket and use it hands-free or turn a hat into a head-torch. It's also got a decent-sized pocket clip on the rear, so I use that to attach my keys to my pocket so they're easy to find and don't fall out.

Victorinox Classic Alox Swiss Army Knife: you lose the tweezers and toothpick of a full-size Classic, but the metal scales are a lot slimmer as a result. Mine's an imported version in orange finish; the traditional silver's easier to get in the UK.

Leatherman Style PS: small plier-based multitool with no knife blade, for if I need to go somewhere a knife would be inappropriate. Also has the tweezers missing from the Victorinox, though no toothpick. Mostly gets used as a bottle-opener.

Plug-Up FIDO Universal Second Factor (U2F) Security Key: ultra-tiny thing made from a smartcard you fold over, weighs nothing and takes up no room. Sadly, they don't make 'em any more: closest thing size-wise is probably this YubiKey 4 Nano at four times the price.

Kingston DataTraveler [sic] Micro 64GB with a USB C to A adapter: 64GB of storage and I can pull the USB adapter off and use it to attach full-size USB devices (like the Mooltipass Mini in my pocket) to my phone.

Also: front door key, small padlock key. I used to carry a Ledger Nano S, too, but that's a bit bulky so I took it off.

In other pockets, I have: the aforementioned Mooltipass Mini, which lives along with a USB cable and my in-ear headphones in a little pouch; Olight S2R Baton rechargeable torch, 1000-lumen peak dropping to 500 lumen over the course of three minutes so it doesn't asplode; a knife, which at the moment is a Boker Plus Tech Tool 2 in green (sold as a perfect 'outdoor' knife, because obviously a green knife that's almost impossible to see if you drop it in grass is ideal(!)) but can also be a Tech Tool 1 in red if I want something slimmer, CRKT Liong Mah #5 Heinnie Edition if I want something chunkier and with a healthy finger choil for safety, or if I'm not worried about having a Section 139 exemption the locking Leatherman C33; Pocketo Simple minimalist wallet; Victorinox Swiss Card Quattro, which to be honest is mostly useful for the pen but did see use over the weekend to measure part of an eggshell we found in an effort to identify the bird; credit-card size Fresnel lens, because why not; and a couple of credit cards, Donor card, security card for the Mooltipass, and a bit of cash. Oh, and a lip balm.

Yes, I rattle when I walk; how did you know?
    I don't have a copy of Putty, but I do have a copy of Putty Squad - which is roughly the same size as Life & Death, Pinball Fantasies Special Edition, and Lemmings 2 The Tribes, all of which are sat next to it for easy comparison, and considerably bigger than Operation Stealth. They're all way, way smaller than TAOPACAG. Like, massively so. This thing's huge.

[​IMG]

There's a quick size comparison between Colorado, Operation Stealth, Putty Squad, and TAOPACAG - all aligned on the bottom-left corner.

EDIT: And to keep things on topic, I've just bought a new lumbar support thingy for my Aeron 'cos mine's coming apart. Found someone selling some second-hand ones on FleaBay for £19, but with a stock photo - so I'm just hoping what arrives is actually better than what I already have...

Last edited: 18 Sep 2018
    adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I never thought my keyring would make me feel inadequate...

Time to go shopping :)

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Xonar U7.

[​IMG]

I've realised that it is 99% doubtful I will be able to fit a sound card in my new build, due to the vertical GPU thing. There would have been a faint glimmer of hope, if it were not for the water fittings coming out where I planned to fit the D2X.

So it looks like the D2X may be moving onto pastures new.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Full rack of Maxxis 25" Bighorn tyres, not my bike but still, should be a significant up over mt battered carly's

[​IMG]

11. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

A new hoover. It appears the current one Mrs. Behemoth has (a James) has decided it wants to not work and die. She said she wanted one that could cope with all the pet hair. I looked a Dysons and said foxtrot oscar, I'm not paying £300 for one of those. So instead we have a nice green Harry on his way tomorrow, essentially a Henry but with a special tool to lift up the pet hair. He was also half the price of a Dyson and we can use the same bags we've got boat loads for from James.

I shall be taking James to the tip on Saturday.

LennyRhys and Arboreal like this.
  12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Glad to hear you're still with team Numatic! A fine local company to us in the SouthWest.
    RIP James, shame he's got to go to the tip. I missed rescuing one at work from a customer - lovely yellow one. Apparently, (so my friend said...), that it's not unusual for Henrys to die from switch failure. If you're able to, do check that yours hasn't succumbed to something that simple. If so, replace the switch and sell it on Gumtree to recoup some £££.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2018
  13. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

James just doesn't suck anymore. I don't really want to tip him. I did think about taking the motor off and using his bottom half as a plant pot.

Arboreal likes this.
  14. Gareth Halfacree

[​IMG]

Sportplus Dual Exercise Stepper
    , 'cos I'm getting a bit tubsy again. I can just about use my standing desk in its most upright position while stood on it, so hopefully that'll encourage me to not turn into a massive sack of lard. Well, massiver.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Sad. They don't die often - as I said in another thread, they're double-hard 'cos they're made in Chard...

16. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

On a related note I have just purchased a fully refurbished Dyson DC33 with a years parts + labour warranty for £100 delivered (Dyson Doctor). Cant complain at that :)

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Odd this came up today. Earlier I did my vacuuming (with my Oreck) and ran it over some brown paper I have covering the kitchen floor whilst I mod. Not a good idea it seems, as the Oreck grabbed it and rolled about 3ft of paper around the spinning brush lol. Was an easy fix in the end (just pull it back out) but reminded me of why I love my Oreck so much. I bought it second hand, and it still runs like new. It's so easy to work on too.

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

2x male guinea pigs (from private breeder)
    A large bag of hay for said guinea pigs
    2x water bottles
    2x bowls for foodstuff for guinea pigs
    A couple of fleece blankets
    3x 1W LED bars
    3x packets of assorted nom-noms for guinea pigs
    A double waffle maker
    Various clothing items for the children
    2x sim Cards for the children
    2x phone covers for the childrens Phones (fortnite for the boy, cupcake for the girl)
    1x T-shirt for myself (With the print "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested")
    Annual service appointment for the car
    A bunch of Steam bargains (Valerie, Orwell, Beholder, Lifeless planet and some others)
    3l Paint (colour: "Sorrowfree" apparently)
    A roll of duct tape

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Weep weep!

They go nicely with roasted sweet potato.

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

You ... you monster!