1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Tried watering it down with milk? Makes it less like trying to chug gaviscon.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Today is only day one so I'll be trying many things to make them more palatable (but resisting the urge to chuck sugar into them).

I used to get through a lot of them as a teenager swimming umpteen miles a week, they were foul then too, I think the root of the problem is that I just don't like the things.

3. RedFlames

I can't stand them either and *looks at self* i'm not exactly the target audience for them. But I know plnety who do and i don;t think anyone drinks those things 'neat'/unmolested.

4. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

1. That doesn't matter. If it's the right opportunity go for it. I had a 3 month position immediately followed by an 8 year position. No-one has ever batted an eye in an interview.

2. That won't help, no. But if they want you I'm sure there can be some understanding.

3. Especially if you want the promotion/wnat to work for the new company at some point.

I reckon go for it!

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Get a whisk ball for it if you haven't got one, I found that helped with the texture.

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Which one are you using? the Chugability I found is usually down to the brand and or the amount of and type of fluid you add

7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I feel lucky, never found a protein shake I didn't like except for flavours I just generally don't like normally, banana or vanilla, managed to neck an orange ice cream flavour one didn't expect to like.

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Chocolate Mint mixed with water instead of milk by Myprotein was always my go-to protein after putting up sub-par flavours over the years, however it’s probably pointless suggesting anything because people have different taste lol

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Thank you! I had no idea such things even existed.
    ASDA's own for the moment, but I'll be trying others. I've found today that using skimmed milk and mixing it in a bowl with a proper whisk resulted in something like a gloopy milkshake, it was nicer.
    Any suggestions gratefully accepted, I used to get Science in Sport stuff for pennies at Uni but not aymore. The MyProtein site looks good and the price looks good too, I'll try it and if the chocolate flavour isn't vile I'll be using that one.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I turn 37 tomorrow. Why is that ruining my life? Because I spend my life looking over my shoulder so to speak because I have a condition that often kills by 35. Feels like stolen time. Not borrowed. More like you're doing something you ought not. That could just be the dislocated collarbone talking, though.

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just keep on plugging away. My wife's auntie has muscular dystrophy and it was thought that she would be VERY lucky to reach 30, given the speed at which things had progressed from first signs at around 15. She's now in her mid 70s... Of course, she has spent a lot of that time in a wheelchair (a most impressive tank of a thing - these Dutch girls get kinda big) with help twice a day, but she still gets around and does as much of her own thing as possible. My wife once asked her about the "borrowed time" thing and her response was pretty much "F$%£ that, I've still got things to do".

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Sep 2018
    fix-the-spade and adidan like this.
  13. legoman

Yeah skimmed milk or even 50/50 water an milk.

I find SIS a bit meh, High5 can be pretty chalky I've heard good stuff about Torq if there sports drinks anything to go by it should be good. Powerbar is meant to be good plus they do some different flavours, I think they still carry Lion Bar flavour

14. legoman

Oh, an I'm debating just walking out for my own sanity

Quote from an actual ticket from 1st line support

:wallbash:

MLyons likes this.
  15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Just pulled 13 staples out of a 10 page document. I know it's not life ruining but I really can't stand it when there's a million staples in things. Paperclips or plastics wallets people!

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Made £400 from selling some components this morning, and lost £400 when the missing went shopping this afternoon. :grr:

17. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Hmmm, in my book PC money is PC money, and the 'Managament' doesn't get a look in on that fund. We both pay for all sorts together and independently, but spare hobby money once in that system is not available unless there's an emergency.
    My commiserations David, I hope she bought something she felt was worthwhile. That's the cost of a GTX 980Ti and a boutique SFX in my terms.

18. David

She's been giving me grief about wanting a new bed. The local bedroom store is having a sale, and she saw I got a wad of cash today, so she made an executive decision.

To be fair, she's pretty good about me buying stuff for my interests, so I can't really complain.

19. RedFlames

...but you're still gonna? ;)

20. David

Tis my divine right.

TheMadDutchDude and Arboreal like this.