1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That would explain it. I have previously recalled wasp stings as a mild sting for a few minutes and then nothing.

This one swelled up quite a bit and got quite red, stung for around 5-6 hours and even now is pink and blotchy around it. It's also on a particularly soft bit of the back of my forearm so that won't help. I hope it got rid of all its venom since it's definitely not using it any more.

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Back after an awesome honeymoon. Yeah. Reality Sucks.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I felt like I'd had a stroke. My entire left arm went numb. The only reason I didn't wake up was because I had a dream I was lying on a beach smoking a big reefer and I was dropping hot rocks on my chest. Even though I'd given that up years ago.

I got the little bugger though. He'd made it to a window ledge and was crawling slowly so he got his lmao.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Make. Joke....

Ggnnnu * bites knuckle *

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I now imagine a small child swatting wasps shouting RETRIBUTION!

LennyRhys and The_Crapman like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So.

Yesterday I got home to find a speeding ticket (or more specifically, a Notice of Intended Prosecution); in a 30MPH zone I was caught doing.... wait for it... 35mph.

Then it turns out that my other half's mother might have been scammed and there's possibly malware issues with her laptop (turns out there was).

Then our car dies yards from the drive way. Lots of loud knocking noises, loss of power, then the engine cuts out. The damn thing only needed to last another couple of months before we were planning to replace it. No error codes on the diagnostics port, AA patrol thinks it "sounds mechanical".

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Are you saying you think 35 in a 30 is ok? (genuine question)

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As any driver knows, speeding is what other drivers do.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Perfectly OK, providing conditions allow.

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Built the same mac book four times so far in three days because someone keeps deciding to encrypt the device blocking it from the network.

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

So what's your limit?

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Confirmed: it's mechanical, and it's terminal. The garage described the engine as "totally knackered".

RIP Yarison Ford. He was with us only briefly, from Feb 2014 to Oct 2018. A friend to many, and loved by all that knew him. He will be sadly missed :waah:.

My dashboard view is blocked by my helmet's chin bar, so in a normal upright riding position my speedo isn't directly in my field of vision (unless I ride with my head tilted forward). Plus my engine/exhaust isn't very loud. These factors can sometimes make it difficult to judge speed without constantly looking down at my speedo and on occasion I've caught myself accidentally going over the limit - when this happens I'll back off providing it's safe to do so (i.e. assuming some moron isn't so far up my exhaust pipe that slowing down is likely to get me read-ended*). If I'd been stopped by an actual police car then they could make a judgement call: "Sorry Mr/Ms Officer, I realised I was going too fast and I safely slowed back down to the speed limit". Unless you did something dangerous they probably wouldn't even stop you for just drifting over the speed limit briefly and then slowing back down.

So no, I'm not saying 35 in a 30 is OK - ultimately the speed limits in built-up/urban areas are there for a reason. What I'm saying is that it's chuffing irritating that it was a camera, because it doesn't matter to the camera whether I was doing that speed constantly down the road in question or whether I was doing that speed for a very short space of time. It's a crap system but I'm not going to try and wriggle my way out of it - I'll take the fine, or the points, or the speed awareness course, chalk it up to experience and move on.

*This happens far more often than you'd think and let me tell you: being tailgated on a motorbike is not a fun experience. Tailgating a biker puts them at an extremely high risk of being injured or killed in an accident. Seriously, just don't f'ing do it.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Last month i had a leak from my shower, shower my neighbour downstairs, today, i have a whole new leak, 30cm from the showers leak, only, it's now toilet water. The good, 'i guess' news is, i rent, so it's all down to my letting agent and landlord to sort out, but it's ultimately down to just shockingly poor installation in the first place.

Still, getting to know the plumber quiet well now..

Sam

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Every tap, toilet and pipe has had to be replaced in my flat. They all leaked downstairs. Reason? it was all bodged cheaply before I moved in. The toilet cistern had a big crack in it lol. It's amazing how stupid some people can be. How could you not notice that ffs?

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Do you ever look at old pictures of yourself and think wtf happened?

Byron C and adidan like this.
  16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I how exactly what happened. Food.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Apparently I had quite alot of hair. And not just in my ears.

Get old sucks.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah... don't do that... :sigh:

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

No, because I don't have any old pictures.

...or new pictures.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

No, I think 'shouldn't have done that,'