1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 4 Oct 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

This is a question that Gareth will be of help for... (if you still have the keyboard, anyway...)

Is there any customisability in the lighting in Linux (ie: on the keyboard)? Does the lighting work? Do the media keys work?

Or are Linux users abandoned? I don't really need all the lighting customisability, I'm quite happy with a white or red backlight (red for pref simply because it's less painful in a dim room...) and if I'm honest, it's not like I'm prepared to part with my Filco Silent Red until it literally falls apart... the only thing it doesn't have is a backlight...

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly, I'm a few hundred miles away from where any review hardware lives!

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I'm not sure if Cue is available for Linux but in Winwoes you can save the lighting config back to the board as a default profile, assuming it keeps the config stored when you next plug it in it should load the default config.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  5. Paradigm Shifter

Ah well. Closer than me. ;) Thanks anyway. :)

Yes, I'm not too fussed about the software, but the default config save is good to know. Thanks! :D

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

And old employee used to use first keyboard on Linux and I believe there are ways of controlling it using third party libraries.

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

There's an open source package somewhere on github called ckb, it's not complete but it works reasonably well for most things on my K65 rapidfire.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Cheers, both. :)

Tags: Add Tags