1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Dat workshop :hip:

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Completely mental, so obviously I'm in love with that setup:rock:

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Wow. That's... that's hard core...

Your workshop is waaaaay too clean, how do you get anything done in there?! :grin:

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I was just thinking the same thing to be honest. That is one very nice setup. Something I can only dream of.

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I think Mirinda can be best described as being made out of sugar, water and orange, not the flavour, more the colour. First tried it at Dubai airport and it sent my blood sugar so high so fast that I couldn't see straight and went to sleep.

adidan and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  7. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Yeah, you really do need a new desk... :lol:

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pffft, don't be silly. It's obviously a bespoke cooling loop! :lol:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

On a topic not unrelated, I'm always amazed to see the number of people who put their towers on the desk, rather than under it. Like, "hey, this box is full of fans that spin surprisingly fast when I'm trying to use my PC; I think I'll put it right next to my ear."

David likes this.
  12. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I've had my tower on the desk for years. My current reason is really a combination of "I have a three year old that likes spilling drinks and the tower being on the desk is above where she can reasonably spill her drink", "I have a 6 month old who is about to start weaning and whose highchair is about 3 feet from my computer desk" and "I don't enjoy cleaning dust out of my PC and on the desk it gets dusty less quickly". The noise has never bothered me but then I have chosen cooling options whereby I can have lower fan speeds etc.

13. Gareth Halfacree

I can see that as a reason - thankfully, my tower isn't in a room to which the kids have unfettered access.
    Likewise - different room.
    Not a problem I've found, but then my tower is both on a small metal pedestal (came with a desk I bought about 20 years ago, used it ever since) to raise it from the floor slightly and which is sat on vinyl flooring rather than carpet.
    My tower's only got a few fans - 120mm intake, 120mm outtake, 120mm roof outtake, CPU fan, PSU fan - all of which run at their bare minimum speed 99% of the time and which are installed in vibration-damping mounts in a Define Mini case with the insulative foam side panels and front door, and the noise level is still annoying enough I'm glad it's on the floor - and, per your reasons, glad it can be on the floor!

There are also those 'CPU cages' I've seen, that let you suspend your tower from the underside of your desk - could solve a few of your problems, that.

14. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I've always put my towers on the desk as I'd rather not have it full of dust bunnies within a week of living at carpet level. Buy decent quality fans and cases and the noise isn't an issue, even when gaming.

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Tower on desk = more space on floor. Also, I find that the airflow is better when it's on the desk so it runs cooler than if it is stuffed in a cubbyhole at my feet, and I can't hear a damned thing if I'm listening to music through my speakers.

16. Gareth Halfacree

I dunno about you, but my floor is a lot bigger than my desk...

LennyRhys, David and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  17. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

For me it's the opposite - the top of my desk is huge but having the tower on the floor, combined with other furniture, would mean that the tower takes up too much knee room. I did have a system on the floor for a while in addition to one on the desk and I lost count of the number of times I kicked the case / hit it with my chair.

18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

My case lives on my desk these days, but it's a titchy wee thing (Ncase M1). My previous case was a Define R2 and that lived on the floor as it was massive. My M1 is pretty much silent unless I'm gaming, in which case the sounds of the game tend to drown out the sounds of the PC.

Tbh the M1 is that wee that it's better for it not to live on the floor :D

And as @GeorgeK says, cases on the floor have a tendency to get kicked or bashed - not a problem for my solid steel R2 but definitely not ideal for an Aluminium M1!

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

My pc is on my desk, but only because it's a laptop.

My rig was always under the desk, either on a shelf or DIY stand to keep it off the floor.

LennyRhys likes this.
  20. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

It is but that radiator isn't on! It's a new case and runs very cool compared with the old Fractal R4.

If I can find the right desk then it will shift to the other side but after a solid oak desk and choices are limiting.