1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Which dual drive NAS for £200?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcrider, 17 Oct 2018.

1. jcrider

jcrider Minimodder

All,

I am working on a voluntary project where I need to store potentially 10,000's of images of varying sizes (there could even be over 100,000 images).

As a result I'm exploring the option of storage to a NAS drive where I can control access .

I appreciate there are online storage solutions (OneDrive, Google Drive etc.), but I want to explore this option.

I should be grateful for any advice you could give. The simple requirements are:
    • On or under £200
    • Dual Drive with RAID 1
    • Maximum storage... 2Tb for each drive?
    • I need the ability to share out access to multiple different people around the world. For example, I am grouping them by various categories (i.e. putting them into a folder for each category), and would then like to share that folder out to Person 'A'... the next folder to Person 'B' etc.
    Thanks in advance,

JC

2. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Synology DS218?

I strongly recommend using an online storage solution such as Google Drive or Backblaze to backup the data from the NAS anyway.

3. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Does 200 budget include HDDs or not? Because if it does, more than half of that budget would go for them alone, you'll need to look at something used or hunt for some huge discounts.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Unless something goes wrong and then they ask for remote access to sort it out!

Tags: