1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink What are you currently drinking?

Discussion in 'General' started by sp4nky, 15 Apr 2012.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Isn't that Brewdog's motto?

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A rather refreshing bottle of Fosters Raddler.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I had to Google Radler. So it's basically shandy made with cloudy lemonade?

In fact, I've just visited the Fosters website to check it out. You need to verify your age, input format is dd-mm-yy. I like to play silly buggers with these things, so I put in 01-01-21 assuming that that would peg me as a 98-year-old, so imagine my surprise when I was directed to the Drinkaware website after being told that I was too young to visit the main site :D C'mon, Fosters, get some validation checks on your inputs there, you can't have someone visiting the website before they are born :D

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Currently drinking a Funkin Mojito mix but with soda water and no rum, actually quite refreshing!

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We'll trade then: I'll have all your Punk IPA and you can have as much of my piss as you like :thumb:.

Can't get enough of the stuff*.

*Punk IPA... not piss...

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yup, that's about the long, tall and short if it.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Rare that this stuff appears in supermarkets.

[​IMG]

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just polished off this:

[​IMG]

and have been given this as a Father's Day present:

[​IMG]

They're lasting a bit longer now I'm counting calories (and, as a result, worked out that what I thought was a reasonable serving, as in the Lagavulin image, works out to roughly a duodecuple)!

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Some weird but not totally unpleasant date and honey flavoured cola from, i think, dubai...

...hard to tell as it's mostly in arabic.

10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Assam tea, lovely stuff!

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]

Its different, seems best with a bit of soda water, and a very cold glass so far

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Dpn2xYLWsAEky7R.jpg

First Japanese whisky. Bit bitey neat, but goes down well with a bit of ice to keep it company.

MLyons and The_Crapman like this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ooo I had a bottle of Nikka a year or 2 ago and loved it. And I'm normally more of a fan of heavily peated stuff.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

[​IMG]

A Bottle of that stuff... it's WEIRD... like woody, wet hay kinda vibes I am getting.
    It's not bad, but I prefer my whisky a bit more complex, a bit heavier on the peat. Guess I'll find more Islays next time around.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Not tried that one, but I've had the Jura Diurach's Own 16 and it was loverly.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I heard that the Diurach's Own is quite similar to the Origin (at twice the price) - most notably from these guys, who I find quite reliable:

I haven't tried any, though. It is available, but the price tag of that around here is similar to that of most things from Bruichladdich (and I have not had the whisky I didn't love from Laddie) or the Ardbeg Uigedal (or whatever it's called), both of which I prefer in most ways to the bit of Jura I tried.

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

The doc says I can hit the sauce again (had Dengue fever, among other things, it can bugger up your liver).

Celebrating with exactly 60ml of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Slainte!

Arboreal likes this.
  18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That's one of my faves!

stonedsurd likes this.
  19. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Bought a few samples of different traditional yerba mate brands after randomly reading the wikipedia page of Uruguay while procrastinating last week. :p: Hugely popular and culturally significant drink in South America (and Syria) apparently.
    Sounded interesting, described as related to tea and I really like tea, pretty cheap, lots of (proven) health benefits...

Good god is it awful.
    I'm fighting every sip.

I'm just brewing it in a mug instead of a traditional gourd but I can't imagine it making that much of a difference. I must be doing something wrong.

The aftertaste is kind of ok I guess, but that's about the most positive thing I can think of.
    I can handle ripe pu'er tea that literally tastes like dirt but this... holy cow. If this is some acquired taste it'll be a long uphill battle. Absolutely dreadful.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2018
  20. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

If you want something truly special that fits your taste profile above, try Aberlour A'bunadh. It's a cask strength malt at ~60% and it's not a whisky to start the night on but what a way to finish.

A couple of drops of water is needed to reinvigorate the flavours and then you're off. It'll cost you around £75 for a bottle though but better than 3x bottles of everyday 'single malts'.