1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Wireless Joypads

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 28 Oct 2018.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

right now im uising a corded xbox pad for certain games, cool and all but the cable being strewn all over my desk is bugging me. anyone know of any decent wireless options for joypads?

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I use a wireless XBox 360 pad which needs a dongle to be used with a PC, and it's been absolutely flawless. I believe that the wireless XBoxOne pads work natively with PC, however.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sorta kinda. The new ones are Bluetooth, and work without anything. The slightly older pads are wireless only and you need a dongle.

The cheapest way would be to find a 360 wireless if you still can and get a dongle. I paid about £30 for mine, kit and kaboodle, which was far cheaper than the £60 odd it would have cost me to use a Xbone controller.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, I remember when you were shopping for a controller - I think I linked you to the one that you bought :thumb:

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Are the Xbone BT pads fussy about what receiver they use?

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Wireless 360 controller has been fine for me. I've only used my xbox one controller plugged in so far so not sure about that.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I had a wireless 360 controller - it never had a problem, no matter where I tucked the receiver it always worked flawlessly. I cannot say the same about my XBone wireless controller, which occasionally drops out - normally when I'm doing something critical in Forza. Not got a newer XBone controller to test the bluetooth in that, but I've tinkered around with pairing my PS4 controller to my PC with largely positive results. But aside from Disgaea, I find the XBone pad better for just about ever game that "needs" a pad (arcade racers, mostly)...

edit: So, I forgot to summarise: I second the Xbox 360 wireless pad rec if you can find one.

8. silk186

silk186 Derp

xbox one has a new wireless dongle that is much smaller now.
    BT can work but it isn't supposed to work as well as the dongle.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup got that and some Venom batteries for my mother's house.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I use an Xbone Elite controller and the dongle thing.

Works a treat for most games I controller up for.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i thought the new Xbone pads ran off BT as opposed to the wireless dongle. I do like the look of the Elite but **** me thats pricey, especially factoring in the dongle as well

12. liratheal

Yeah. I got one with the Xbox, and bought three dead ones off eBay for less than the cost of one new one and made two good ones. One is player two controller and one is pc controller.

I really like the elite controller. It's heavier than the regular ones, and it feels much better, and I can't overstate the benefit of having the paddles underneath. Super useful. And have ruined regular controllers for me.

I had the dongle before the controllers, so I never tried using BT, so not sure if that's an option.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I've heard they're serious build quality issues with the Xbox One elite control.

14. liratheal

I can't say I've encountered any serious issues that don't apply to the regular controller too - The Micro-D connector is **** beyond words, and if you happen to get one that's been cannibalised by someone it's game over for plugging the controller in ever again.

That said, that's anecdotal evidence from one person who does his best to take care of his stuff.

I just checked, though, and the Elite doesn't show up with a BT scan, so I'd wager it needs the dongle.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Correct, it needs the regular Xbone controller dongle for wireless use on PC.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah ive just heard about things such as stick drift and the rubber grips peeling off. i got a nice £10 off card to blow at argos so i was thinking of getting a Grey/Green pad, as sexy as the pro looks £120 + the cost of the dongle is just too much.

17. liratheal

I've had stick drift on regular controllers (and multiple generations/brands..) too, I feel like it's just a.. Thing for controllers.

The rubber peeling, though, I have seen that - It's how I got one of the Elite controllers for £30! Replaced it with sugru, and that's the PC controller. Still, would be annoying if I'd paid £120 for one.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

decided to get the grey/green (bloody hell it looks nice) and a Wireless adaptor. should put me in good stead :thumb:

liratheal likes this.