1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah couldn't agree more. The 360 controller really was an absolute revelation tbh. Really made gaming on PC top notch. I am glad they did not change much for the Xbone pad either, as it just works. They are lighter though (Xbone pads) which is nice. I only went wireless for the first time about 9 months ago. God it's nice lol.

Still have my old wired 360 pad though. 11 years old.

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Microsoft have always made good peripherals, to be fair.

liratheal and The_Crapman like this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My pre-order for Stephen King's latest novel just got dispatched. Now I am excited.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Although, the original Xbox 'duke' controller was kind of a stumble. That thing was gigantic.

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

A Lenovo YT3-X50L Yoga Tablet... for an ABSOLUTE steal (locally) of under 100 pounds (converted).
    Makes skyping with family abroad easier.

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I found the Xbox 360 controller absolutely useless and a major contributor to my never getting into console gaming. I found it much too small and together with arthritis in my right thumb then beginning to develop, I couldn't control anything with the thumb sticks and just gave up on it as a lost cause.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I don't have arthritis but I am absolutely lost when I have to aim with the right stick of any controller.

Also, I bought this (signed and numbered):

[​IMG]

Not a purchase but feels great nonetheless: started the deletion process on my facebook account. #FeelsGoodMan

8. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Noticed today I only have one half decent looking hoodie. The rest are all bobbly and shabby. Fine if I am not going anywhere, but yeah not for going out in. I liked them, they reminded me of my childhood :)

9. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

A tank of diesel, a second-hand Corsair 600t case in black, and a Corsair GS700 PSU - so excited to start building!

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Can confirm nose still blocked 24/7
    [​IMG]

11. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

The new pup, a purebred Corgi, half a tank of fuel and a lot of food due to being away for two weeks. That was a costly Saturday. :D

12. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Given that I now take a similar case everywhere I go I figured I should get a new one. The one I have now is broken (the handle is jeffed) and taxi drivers keep dropping it because they don't listen when I say "Don't use the handle, it's broken".

It happened when mater packed 4 large jars of gherkins and two jars of pickled eggs in the case I have. A recipe for disaster it seems. Any way I could have rigged the case I have, but it would have looked rig and made me look like a paraffin. So I got that ^. I need it because I am basically a rolling pharmacy. No joke, I have a box of Diazepam, a box of 30mg codeine, my daily packs, three tubes of steroid cream (all for different uses) and so on. Serious, it's ridiculous, that is why I have a case. This new one has two handles, so should last twice as long :D

Crazy how expensive they are though !. In '99 I bought a yellow plastic Samsonite case. Still got it (large). Any way, I figure I will get a Samsonite carry on. £250. I crap thee not. Smaller luggage is twice the price of cases twice the size ffs. Not stupid, are they?

I wouldn't mind but the last one wasn't "cheap" (cost me a nifty). I figured if I got the most expensive cheap case it would last. No chance. Same as anything else these days.

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i lost my old custom made knee pads some time ago, got used to not wearing them when on motorcycles and i had a fall early yesterday morning :( nowt broken but despite kevlar jeans badly torn skin around both knees, not nearly as good as my old ones but the only ready made ones that will fit my fat legs.

if any one else rides motorcycles just dont be lazy and daft like me. ive been on a wieght loss/strength building program that was brilliant for me and now for a while i wont be able to most of my work outs

[​IMG]

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Nasty. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Do your kevlar jeans not have armour inserts, or pockets for them? I've had two pairs of JTS Warrior jeans and they come with CE-certified knee armour inserts (also have pockets for hip armour but you have to get those separately). Genuinely curious, I thought that was a pretty standard thing for kevlar-lined bike jeans.

Sorry to hear about the accident; sounds like you're on the mend but more importantly ( :grin: ) how's the bike?

16. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

these are the old draggin jeans i got 6 years ago from the annual bike show at the nec which were the only kevlar/denim ones that just about fit me at the time as i was around 29/30st at the time. these ones didnt have pockets but did come with force field knee pads that never fit me. i got some custom ones made by a an old fella that used sell them at leeds squires cafe, which i have miss placed:/

bikes ok apart from a clucth lever that looks like its had a bit grinded off and part of the rear frame looking the same, i have only my self to blame

17. Mopsi

Mopsi What's a Dremel?

4 of those little Sortimo T-Boxxes, getting really obsessed.
    [​IMG]

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm kinda brassic, so I probably shouldn't have, but my last can of air ran out so...

[​IMG]

CompuCleaner EG-1000-UK electric air duster
    , which - in theory, at least - means I'll never have to buy a can of compressed air again.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Opinion wanted on that. Tag me when you find out how it is. I need something like that.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Will do. The reviews look good, with one of the only negatives I can see mentioned being that the air gets pretty toasty if you're using it for an elongated period - which is kinda the opposite problem of compressed air, where it gets increasingly chilly and occasionally spurts out liquid propellant. I can't really imagine a scenario where you're using it for more than a minute at a time, though - even if you're cleaning the dustiest case in the world you're going to want to take breaks to hoover up the dislodged dust before continuing.

There's also a 550W version with two power settings and a couple of ESD brushes bundled, but it was an extra tenner and not available on Amazon Prime next-day delivery.

Vault-Tec likes this.