1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's understandable - we all know Gareth has a very limited grasp of English. Cut him some slack.

**runs away, giggling like a maniac**

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Solo: A Star Wars Story - Not sure why everone got their precious knickers in a twist/10

It was alright.

So yeah, this is where he met Chewie, this is where he got his blaster and so on. Of course, it happened at some point and this is where.

Yeah it was ok. Still odd seeing Daenerys in space, as weird as seeing her with Arnie.

Rogue One is still by far my favourite.

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Hotel Artemis 6/10

Not bad, but definitely not as good as it could have been. Jodie Foster is an incredible actress and she did a great job with the character she played. The story meanders a bit and could have been better paced, and it all ends quite abruptly with some loose ends. It is basically a good idea that was poorly executed, which seems to be a symptom of many movies these days.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

MODS! I'M BEING BULLIED AGAIN!

RedFlames and LennyRhys like this.
  5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Side Effects 9/10

Just watched this again this morning on Netflix and honestly it's one of my favourite movies of all time - definitely one of Jude Law's best. No spoilers here in case there are people who haven't seen it. It's just brilliant!

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its haloween so its horror night!

Hellraiser: We have such sights to show you/10

I cant look at Andrew Robinson on screen and not think of Garek

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Annihilation.

Was so intreaging for most of the film and then got way to intellectual for its own good.

Had to Google the ending to understand it, no wonder it got kicked off the main stream film track and had to go to Netflix.

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

The Purge (Amazon Prime) Season 1: 8/10

Just finished watching this yesterday and I must say I'm impressed. Being a Prime thing rather than Netflix, I wasn't able to binge-watch the series, which IMO was quite a welcome change. I thought the acting was good, the story was considerably better than any of the films, and the general production level was high enough to see it through to the end. There are strong grounds for a second season and I'd love to see it happen.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

But I'm just a simple tailor.

The girl on the train: the butler did it/10

Some nice performances but really obvious. Not sure why it was raved about so much.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Tremors 1-6 starting at 8/10 (dropping half a point for each sequal)
    I loved the original, second and third (and the follow-on TV series).
    4th and 5th were ok (although the 5th just didn't quite look right with CG graboids instead of physical effects).
    6th was just... meh (felt more like a remake of 1st one without any really likable characters set in a frozen environment instead of a desert one).

Yaka likes this.
  11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

MI: Fallout 7/10 not the best but anything with simon pegg in has to be good :) some cool set pieces but no renner it does feel like MI is heading towards a big do dah story wise

12. David

There are six Tremors films? :jawdrop:

I thought there were only two.

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

6 - and a TV series

14. David

The question is, was I better off thinking there were only two or are any of the others worth watching?

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Don't do it. It will sully the memories of the first 2.

16. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

3rd was ok (added in a third life-cycle evolution from the shrieker), they just started using some minor CG for the dust trails, but still mainly practical effects and set up the TV series (which is on iTunes apart from the pilot episode for some reason). The TV series show was alright for an early 90's monster of the week kind of series that didn't take itself too seriously (Christopher Lloyd was even in a few episodes) but it does look pretty dated now. 4 killed the franchise for a good few years (which should say it all really). 5 is set in Africa (I think) where everything is now CG and bigger and feels more like a Jurassic park ripoff (the shriekers look and act more like raptors (even down to the hiding in the kitchen bit from the first JP).

TLDR: If you liked the first 2, watch the 3rd but ignore the rest.

17. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

They Shall Not Grow Old serious man tears/10 peter jackson did a stunning job adding colour and voices the WWI footage.

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Venom - 7/10

I'm an absolute sucker for anything Marvel, and I will watch everything. I did not have any real relationship with the character (apart from seeing him in the Lego Marvel games that I've spent countless hours playing with my son), but I thought it was cool.
    Also, Woody Harrelson seems to make an awesome Carnage (another character I have no relationship With) when the next one eventually hits the screen.
    It's another Marvel movie, so you know what to expect. It's just ... different. The wife however, did not enjoy it, and instead went on a PUBG binge as I watched the movie...

LennyRhys likes this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Venom - 8/10

I know very little about spiderman or the villains associated with him, but. I know enough to know there's a few symbiotes.

I enjoyed it. Funny, action-y, not bad.

20. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

The Prestige 8/10
    Really fun. Suspected the central twist pretty early on but it was still great seeing it all play out. It's a good concept, but like often you can't start thinking too much about the details ("but how did X do Y?" etc.).