1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features 10 Years On: Left 4 Dead

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Nov 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. DbD

DbD Minimodder

I really enjoyed this when it came out, and got pretty good at it too.

Some very fond memories of playing the survival mode with some of my old ut2004 mates and us lasting an insane amount of time. Those were the days.

3. Gusseteer

Gusseteer What's a Dremel?

This was the game that made me embrace online multiplayer. I have spent hundreds of hours playing both this and the sequel. Left 4 Dead 3 should really come along soon Valve, please!!!

I’ve tried Overkill’s The Walking Dead and whilst it has some similarities it just doesn’t have that same feeling as the L4D series.

I’m not sure I would care if Half-Life 3 came out now but L4D3 would preordered without hesitation.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Left 4 Dead 2 is a bit like Borderlands 2 - The same recipe, but with loads more flavour and presented better on the plate. A sequel done right.

Unfortunately, given the span of time since the 2nd games in both series, and the way the studios have changed in that time, I am nervous about the 3rd instalment of both...

5. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

enjoyed both l4d and its sequel, came at a time when i was heavily thinking of giving gaming on pc for good, sadly this was pretty much the last game i pld my clan buddies and firends i used to play with in the quakeworld days.

every time i play mp games even with with my kids i just miss the old good old days

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hate(d) it. Becomes boring very quickly, feeling like a mod for HL2 more than a separate game. The AI 'director'? Just random moments at designated points.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Love it and we still have the odd blast on custom campaigns every now and then.

The fun was endless with this and L4D2 once you start downloading custom campaigns. Weird how zombie games totally lost their momentum shortly after L4D2 launched. I feel a bit silly now having the gamer tag "Zomb13k113r" but I am hopeful there will be another, or, the new Walking Dead game is acebest.

Yeah me too. I hadn't played anything online until this came out, as I am not a competitive person. This however? isn't competitive unless you are a d**k. It's about helping each other and dragging your pals to the end. Which I really liked.

Just looking at the screenshots, and this one in particular..

[​IMG]

Until you have seen that in 3dvision you haven't lived. It's absolutely hilarious, I remember wiping my face because of all of the blood and body parts flying around.

Really was one of gaming's most amazing things, and this game was absolutely perfect for it too. Not too taxing but good enough to look great and run at a good clip.

Ahh, memories eh?

Last edited: 21 Nov 2018
  8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I much preferred L4D over L4D2. New infected weren't great, new maps didn't have the same feel, characters were worse. All in all, L4D felt more like a zombie movie made into a game to me than L4D2 did. Oh and I didn't like melee weapons either.

I met a few of my long time friends on this game, and we played on a modded server that we had. Made the game much better IMO and harder too. I think I'm going to fire it up and give it a bash, i'll try L4D2 too, see if it's improved IMO since when we first played it.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wow, L4D was just about the last game I played online. That's not a reflection on L4D, i'd just grown tired of the whole online multiplayer FPS scene by that point and L4D was one of the few games you could dip in and out of that still remained fun.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Unlike TF2 which Valve changed constantly over the years the L4D games didn't change in any significant way, just the odd bug fix here and balance tweak there.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yea i more meant if i actually enjoy it given my feelings about it the first time round. I'm going to chalk me making no sense up to my cold.

Tags: Add Tags