1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Minor annoyance, yet still gets me going:

Pre-ordered the Nokia 7.1 (with a wireless set of earphones worth 100+ Euros for free) directly from HMD. Fulfilment via Digital River, I should've known they'll screw it up... Got my phone on Nov 23, was supposed to be here Nov 1. Well, what do you know? No earphones. They had a Nov 19 ETA. I waited for two days before I filed a customer service ticket with Digital River. Turns out they will wait for my 14 days of free return before they send out the earphones. Nowhere did they feel the need to mention that. Plus they pulled in my money for the order the day I ordered (Oct 5) in direct contradiction of their own T&C which clearly states they will not do exactly that before shipping.

In the end I got a "well, sorry you found that issue... have patience, the earphones will come soon" from them. What the actual f*** kind of customer service is that?

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

And now I'm sitting at Frankfurt airport, waiting for my flight to Jönköping for Dreamhack Winter. Expected delay: 3+ hours.

The only upside could be that I get compensation for the delay. Might even be more than I paid for the flight.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

More a nagging urgh than ruining anything. This whole Huawei situation, I know my mobile shouldnt be a concern but stupid brain thinks otherwise.

Also along the phone vein, WTF is it with huge phones again, I tried looking for a 5" display smartphone, theres like three the rest are 6" plus.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The bloody washing machine has decided the kitchen floor needs a good soak, although in it's defence, it has lasted around 12 years.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Delayed at Frankfurt? The only possible option is a beer & pretzel break.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

National Rail ( Plus Weather )

my train out - 32 mins late
    My return train - 91 mins late

i mean technically it wasnt 91, it was 31 as i caught the one from an hour before my train but 91 mins late... but still

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Get those refund forms filled out!

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

SERIOUSLY? AGAIN?!

9. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Sony XZ2 Compact I can recommend. Just moved to it from the XZ Compact.

The_Crapman and legoman like this.
  10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Don't forget that screen size isn't necessarily phone size. Look up the actual dimensions on gsmsrena

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Do you spend your time driving through scrapyards mate? That must be the twelftyieth one you've had.

goldstar0011 and MLyons like this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Second in as many weeks, and my fourth this year. So damn annoyed with this now.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Obviously you have angered Hephaestus in some way, not enough for him to leave his forge and strike you down, but just enough for him to make sure there's a piece of iron waiting for you around every corner.

Also, exploding lightbulbs, because everyone enjoys picking little bits of plastic and glass out of their floor lamps. On the plus side, the LED based future is on it's way...

Last edited: 29 Nov 2018
  14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Hour long meeting where 5 minutes from the end it was decided the whole idea was stupid and we will just carry on with BAU.... you know like was suggested and shot down at beginning...

*Yay* :wallbash:

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yes! **** the giant skateboard phones! I recon with these new foldable phones we'll soon have people pulling out broadsheets to tweet on.

16. legoman

Le Rant, commence
    I really do not get it, used to be the case they were huge because the technology hadn't miniaturised (Ha screw you US spellchecker). got to the point of 8310 etc easy to carry and standby longer than the shelf life of a pint of milk.
    Now its literally gone backwards, how on earth is a 7.2" screen a phone, its a tablet! Don't lie an call it a "phablet" its a made up word, its a tablet an its still got to be charged twice a day because it has to be so thin to not mar the line of the bag you carry it in. URGH!
    Le rant, endeth

I do like the idea in the not to distant future people will be judged on the size of their phone in a similar way people judged Broadsheet to tabloid readers.

IanW, Arboreal and The_Crapman like this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean... <puff, puff, pass> aren't all words made-up words? <exhales, coughs>

18. legoman

I thought they were dug out the ground real words, this Phablet word clearly isn't real, it gets a red squiggly line under it after you type.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Strictly "phablet" is a portmanteau word.

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I heard about you and your honeyed words.