1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by stealth80, 9 Sep 2018.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's less "can't be arsed" or "forgetting Xbox exists" and more: Sony are Japanese and Microsoft is American and there's a big old loyalty thing there. (Though it should be noted that it seems Microsoft are putting some work in on the Japanese front, they've made deals with Nintendo and they had the Sekiro reveal at E3 which I did not see coming, I was sure Fromsoft would give that to Sony!)

Sony also really love to pay for exclusives because if they didn't, they wouldn't have the top console. I'm not a fan of exclusives because they're so bad for consumers. I'd much rather see some of that budget put into cross-platform play and cross-saves. Cross-saves would be brilliant. You could still have to buy a game for each platform, but not have to play the whole thing from the start every time you switched. Would be bliss!

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

While I agree with that in principle the sad reality is we have no power to change it, so consoles will continue to compete against each other by taking games hostage instead of on merit of the console itself and buying the black plastic box with less games available would just be setting money on fire as a consequence of that.

3. Hex

Oh yeah I know it's a dreamworld solution. It would only be possible if people closed their wallets and said "You know what, this is a practice that only benefits you and not me. So I won't buy any of your exclusives" but instead we have "Xbox LUL no games dead console Kappa".

I still prefer my Xbox over the PS4 and don't see it as setting money on fire. I mainly play on PC, but with my hardware getting really old now and upgrading 2 components costing far more than a brand new Xbox One X I do sometimes go the console route just so I can multi-task and not have to have just the game running and all my (physical, not OS) windows open in an attempt for my computer to stop melting. Luckily for me none of the PS4 exclusives interest me at all, I watched a few being played through on Twitch and I've grabbed some when they were given away with PS+, but I haven't played any of them. Even the PS4 timed exclusives in Destiny are rubbish (not just my opinion, it's pretty widely regarded that only the exclusive weapons have been good. The PvP maps and strikes are seriously below par).

4. MrRobot

MrRobot What's a Dremel?

Get em both, youll love the variation

5. Hex

I do have a PS4 as well as an Xbox One and I only use it for work because none of the exclusives have interested me yet! I also detest the controller, the interface and the store front that never finds anything you search for! I really hate the PS4 and only play on it when I'm paid to do so is what I'm saying here :lol:

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm not a fan of the PS4 controller either. My nephew loves it though.

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

I buddy of mine recently picked up an xbox something and was very pleased with the price of older used games.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup. I spent, IIRC, about £80 and got 8 brand new sealed games. One of them was £20 too (NFS). I've got them all piled high for this cold weather.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Most of the Microsoft exclusives are now on pc in the windows store, gives even less reason to buy one in all honesty.

Most people on this site will have a pc that is more than capable of running them

10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I must admit, I make use of the Play Anywhere feature on certain MS games. If the wife's out or otherwise engaged in some feminine hobby, I'll use the XB1 on the big screen. If she's catching up with her TV episodes, I'll transfer over to the PC and carry on the same game.

Hex likes this.
  11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Quick question. I'm watching some Forza horizon 4 codes on ebay, there's a few which are double packs of Horizon 4 and Forza 7 which come bundled with an One X console. As these are codes, I'm assuming I'd be able to redeem these on the PC marketplace? The Horizon 4 codes all have Xbox One X and Microsoft PC on the covers, hence the assumption.

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yes mate. All Forza games are 'Play Anywhere' so it doesn't matter on which platform you redeem it, you can log into Xbox on the other one and install there too. Saves are synced between platforms.