1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. oscy

oscy Modder

From a sales point it's the point to keep people addicted to it. :naughty:

But for me it's about playing a fun game in space. Once the story's over and I tried the other stuff at least once, that's it. I'm not hooked by multiplayer games now that there are so many other games out there. I usually prefer playing against AI too.

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I looked into the Black Armory, but it looks like it's very little content for the monies (especially for someone who mainly plays solo) so I've given it a miss for once.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's only £10 (£29.99 for 3 releases), so wasn't going to be a huge DLC, but not all of it is out yet, it's now a trickle affair. Which is great for giving people stuff to do between events, but I can't even get to a level where I can complete the first forge with matchmade randoms to unlock the bounties to get all the cool new weapons! The grind to actually unlock the armory is a slog if you're not mainlining the game to get to 650. I will say though, the Black Armory raid did look good. Not that I'll ever do it because I'm always solo, but it was nice to watch on Twitch!

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm still a lowly 530 so I've no chance.

5. Hex

Yeah, you'd get destroyed! By the time Joker's Wild comes out you should be high enough though and the annual pass will probably be on sale :D it's good that power level isn't locked behind the annual pass this time.

I tried the first forge at 600... NOPE. Then again at 608... still nope. Though we did get through the first wave that time. I just really want to unlock Forge bounties!

6. Hex

If you're doing all the cookies, make sure you don't royally screw up the Triumph like I did by not making Burnt Edge Transits for the Cryptarch first. I thought I'd just make those on my 2nd character. NOPE! Once you've made all the cookies none of your characters have the ability to use ingredients any more, it's just cookie recipes and you can't complete the Triumph. Quite miffed :( I didn't have a lot of time to play so looked up recipes to complete things first and Bungie wanted us to find them all through trial and error, so it's intentional that you're blocked from completing it if you don't mess 1 recipe up.

ferret141 likes this.
  7. Hex

If you've managed to avoid spoilers, and I mean even if you haven't - it just won't be as powerful. Go to see Mara this week. Go there, touch the sparklies. Do it.

8. MrRobot

MrRobot What's a Dremel?

Awesome!

Hex likes this.
  9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Hit 641 Power with my Titan today, will soon be up to 650.

Hating crucible at the moment though even more than normal, nothing but people teleporting around the map and surviving hammer hits etc from supers.

Shotguns and Fusion Rifles are a joke, as are 1 hit hand cannons.

10. Hex

It happened... it actually happened. I have no idea how they've managed this and what they had to sacrifice, but Bungie are parting ways with Activision-Blizzard to self-publish Destiny. They have retained all rights to the IP. This is incredible, not just for Destiny, but for any franchise stuck with a publisher that's causing issues with their audience. Almost all the bad decisions in Destiny appeared to be pushed by Activision so it will be really interesting to see how things go. But I would imagine most stuff is already in motion so we won't see things fully unlinked from AV until September.

It's well worth taking a gander at the Twitter thread just to see who some of the replies are from! It would seem that breaking ties with Activision will mean Destiny is no longer forced to provide, let's be honest here, lacklustre timed exclusives for PlayStation. The Xbox tweets are really interesting as just last year they were tweeting to gauge interest on Cross-Saves and Cross-Play for Destiny... I would love that so much! Finally being able to play with all of my friends and choosing if I felt like playing on PC or console, but still having all the same gear... bliss!!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

The big worry I do have, is that Vicarious Visions are still owned by Activision. The Destiny 2 PC 'port' was probably the best I've ever experienced. I hope they are able to manage that level of quality moving forward.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
  11. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

So weirdly enough i decided to play D2 again after dropping it sometime last year, (ps4) they gave me a free PC version on battle net and i must sayi have enjoyed it so much i bought the expac, (but not the dlc, YET) and working my way towards 600 its got soo much to do now i am running out of time daily (i dont get much game time) and i like that, my old fireteam are still glued to their crappy consoles so i am #foreveralone. and i am ok with that lol

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Funnily enough my wife have literally started playing it again after a hiatus / complete burnout. Got the 650 bow which has helped getting to 600 easier.

I have it on both PS4 and pc but in this case slumming it on PS4 as I am not paying £30 for the annual pass on pc.

13. Hex

The Season of the Drifter starts on Tuesday (5th of March 2019). Don't forget that means rank resets, so if you're trying to complete something within a season, you only have until Tuesday afternoon to do it and then Gambit, Crucible, etc. ranks get reset to 0.

Gambit Prime looks interesting, not sure whether I'll end up being a Reaper or a Sentry.

Oh boy, those new to the franchise get the "fun" of Thorn soon! It's going to be a controversial weapon even if it's completely balanced. Which it won't be ;)

More info about the Season of the Drifter on Bungie's site:

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/SeasonOfTheDrifter

Also, monetization is changing a bit from the new season. So on Tuesday, any Prismatic Facets you have will turn into 150 bright dust. Use them this week!

14. Hex

First off, the Season of Opulence is starting on Tuesday 4th of June 2019. Make sure you have all your seasonal bounties finished before it starts or you'll be starting from scratch!

Secondly, there will be an announcement from Bungie on Thursday the 6th of June 2019:

The timing of this is quite interesting, being two days after the new season launch. Speculation I've seen so far was that it could be to announce cross-play and/or cross-progression - which would be AMAZING (although I honestly don't know what account I'd want to keep... I've done totally different triumphs on Xbox and PC! If they did some way to merge that would be perfection. Cross-Progression Perfected, if you will...)

We're coming to the end now of content that was produced under ActiVision, so it will be interesting to see the path Bungie takes.

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I'm hopeing they do something special because the games pretty much dead and the season of the drifter was a little bit pants, our entire clan gave up as soon as the drifter season rolled about.

New raid might be interesting though back on the Leviathan again :).

16. Hex

Haven't had much time to play it yet as my eye is still being blood-shot and dry so I'm having to limit screen-time, but I like the changes so far! I absolutely love the new look of the shader icons, very classy! Not sure on the Eververse store, it's good you can choose what you want more now, but tbh I never buy anything anyway. I still have the free 1,000 silver they gave us as an apology last year :hehe: It's going to take a while to get used to where Pursuits are now. I think every single time I tried to look at them I went to the wrong menu first and had to switch. The new season's Crucible challenge is going to be fun with Mayhem there this week. Mayhem with snipers is actually hilarious :lol:

Here's the patch notes:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47880

My favourite one is they've got rid of the need to match your subclass with your fireteam to complete the Weekly Strike Challenge! Now there's a Weekly type you need to match it to instead! No more sitting in the menu checking what randoms are using instead of playing!

17. Hex

First of the leaks confirmed. Full Destiny 2 coming to Google Stadia where you can import any of your characters (the word he said was characters, probably means accounts?). Also Stadia showed the new DLC teaser:

The reveal stream has started:

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

18. Hex

I am LOVING this stream so far OMG...

I can uninstall Battlenet!!

OK, recap of the stream. I am going to miss things out because I'm still so excited from what I saw and also I missed a bit as I was called away.

• Bungie were not shy at all about stating they can now go for their own vision of Destiny without having it dictated by business models.
    • This vision appears to be actually using the word 'MMO' now and making it more RPG-ified. (They say this will be a slow change as they don't want to alienate folks like me who love Destiny, but hate MMOs/RPGs <3)
    • They're partnering with Google Stadia. Destiny 2: Forsaken + Annual Pass + Shadowkeep content will come with Stadia Pro.
    • There's a new bundled version of Destiny 2: Forsaken + Annual Pass content ($40)
    • Cross-saves are coming to all platforms, even PS4!
    • There will be a new entry-point to Destiny called 'New Light' which is free to play and starts off in the same location as our Guardians were born in Destiny 1! Every area is unlocked to be explored. Gambit and Crucible can be played for free. Lots of activities will be available, except raids and dungeons. You will be able to play this alongside people playing the full game. It's not a separate game, just a 'lite' version which can be updated to the full version whenever you like & you will keep all progress.
    • Expansions from now on will be 'standalone'. You can miss a few out and still get right into the content of a new season without having to own or play the previous ones.
    • Destiny is moving from the BattleNet launcher on PC to Steam starting with Shadowkeep in September!
    • We're going back to the Black Garden!
    • They're adding finishing moves.
    Not on the stream, but I just found out they have a new EU store. It only has Shadowkeep Collector's Editions on it right now, but more is coming soon. This is great, no more getting stung with duty tax and Royal Mail holding fees for a £20 t-shirt! I will assume that myself and the other UK folks who complained to Bungie about being charged almost double for our Ace of Spades shirts (when it was under the limit and should not have had charges) made them realise this was a thing they needed!

Shadowkeep pre-order page is now up on Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1085660/Destiny_2/

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

New vision looks awesome tbh.

Been pretty burnt out with D2 as it stands but the reveal was very, er, revealing to say the least. Really feels like they are getting back on track.

Picked up the annual pass on PC for £12.99 so have been playing it again with my wife. With cross save we will both be maining PC going forwards. :)

Hex likes this.
  20. Hex

The Lumina quest-line goes live at reset today!

It does seem from leaks that this is not going to be easy to solo due to the requirements. So if you don't have friends to play with, you may need to hop on some LFG sites/discords!