1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, basically when Steam started it was run like a regular game store with Valve having total control, now its pretty much amazon marketplace for games with publishers in control.

2. Xir

Xir Modder

I was also under the Impression that the severety of the sale has declined in the last few years….
    But then again I haven't had access to a functioning gaming system in the last 5 years or so. :grin:

I'm only collecting a "pile of shame" for future use :rollingeyes:

B1GBUD likes this.
  3. oscy

oscy Modder

I still have money from gift cards and selling trading cards just 'cause I have games now.

I'm down nearly to just the 'looked interesting' and 'came free with the game I wanted' games, but that's not counting my physical games, which I haven't even touched because obviously they're not going anywhere (bar a fire or armageddon) but Steam, GoG, EA, anyone could disappear tomorrow out of the blue. Bah to the digital game era!

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Full Throttle Remastered free for the next 39 hours on gog.com:thumb:

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Lego Something-or-Other Hobbit on Humble, too.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2018
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Subnautica should be free at some point today from Epic games launcher

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Absolute Lucasarts gold!!! Loved this game, along with Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle. Three true greats of the genre.

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ah yeah, the key sites. The ones that absolutely, definitely, do not sell grey market or otherwise dodgy keys that not only don't put money in the developers' pockets but also could lead to the consumer having their key revoked at some point in the future. Amazing how they manage to undercut everyone else, isn't it?

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Now free

wolfticket likes this.
  10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

You can get all three of these games for under £6 with Gog.com at the moment.

Full Throttle Remastered: Free
    Grim Fandango Remastered: £2.05
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered: £3.89

That's me not moving from this chair for a while..... Oh well!

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Super Meatboy will be free from Dec 28 to something like Jan 1. On Epic as well.

Mr Happy likes this.
  12. oscy

oscy Modder

Yes those ones.

13. oscy

oscy Modder

Not a single word about the Steam sale starting.

I'll post my experience right now... so I normally barely buy anything, if anything. But now I know if I don't lower my standards, I ain't ever gonna buy anything because these games are still gonna be £39.99 in 2028.

Call of Duty games, whether they're from last year or 2012, are all priced the same - like a new, still overpriced(!), AAA game. Activision are effectively saying "if you want CoD Ghosts 1, buy it from a key site".

If, like me, you've held off on Assassin's Creed since IV Black Flag, the next proper one that isn't crap apparently is Rogue, and its price has been steadily INCREASING, so it's worth getting now.

Watch Dogs 2 is cheaper on Origin. Normal edition and Deluxe edition is the same price at £10. Gold edition is £4 more but adds the 2 proper DLC with all the skins and whatever DLC at a cheaper price than Steam still.

As for anything else I got/will get... wow there's a real DLC and 'Upgrade' problem isn't there? I only bought one with one of the few other games I got. So many games with about 30 individual DLC, only a couple that are proper content like missions, and nearly none that are apparently worthwhile, memorable or noticeable.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

15. Gareth Halfacree

16. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Sunless Sea is the giveaway with this months PCGamer if you're in the market for a magazine and some surreal adventuring!

17. Gareth Halfacree

Twitch Prime is giving away the Devolver Digital Holiday Pack, Hyper Light Drifter, both seasons of Orwell, République, and Bomber Crew for Amazon Prime members.

Last day for free Super Meat Boy on the Epic Games Store, too; later today it'll be replaced by What Remains of Edith Finch.

18. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

19. Gareth Halfacree

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder