1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Gogo Ebay. This just turned up, and much to my delight had two Intel 10G SFPs installed... worth more than the NIC itself. Score.

liratheal, adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Album Cover.jpg

Backed it on Kickstarter back when I still had money. Still waiting on the physical bits, but the digital download arrived earlier this week - and is everything I could have hoped.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Ooops! Posted a link to the wrong test, corrected above.

This tyre: Continental All Season Contact

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Sparmax Arism Vis compressor with silver bullet+ water trap.

[​IMG]

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK now I'm done.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

By the way you've been spending your keyboard numpad must be worn out from typing in your credit card :lol:

The_Crapman, Vault-Tec and Byron C like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

haha. I've really not spent that much tbh. Just my Christmas money from family. I bought everything second hand at rock bottom prices. With the drop in SSD/memory etc prices (and GPUs, there is a flood of them on OCUK MM) everything is dirt cheap right now. Just at the right time too, when it's too cold to even open my front door without getting freezing wind blowing you along the street. That's the price of living on the ocean. Serious, last night my friend picked me up and we went to his place and had kebabs. He had a few ciders, so I decided to walk the half mile home.

That's the first time I have ever had brain freeze by not drinking an iced drink. Serious, my sinuses and forehead were actually aching like hell when I got through the door. I should have been lazy and got a cab lol.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

10. adidan

Ha, i'm just envious. I want to grab bargains when i see them i just have to put them on hold until after we move in the new year. Most frustrating :)

I love being by the sea, love having my brain blown out by the cold air, it's just the aftermath of trying to find my brain again once i get indoors.

11. adidan

Ooohh shiny shiny.

12. Vault-Tec

If it's any consolation whenever cheap things usually come up I am skint. Same for Black Friday, I bought hardly anything this year and not even the xmas pressies for my family.

But yeah, I bet PC part sales went absolutely ballistic this year for BF and xmas. What with the massive drops and all.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Supermicro X9SCL-F board to slap my 1265Lv2 and memory from the microserver into.

Also another Intel X520-DA2, and another DAC cable

Given it pained me to get a relatively large 2U case that will have basically no hardware in it, this tiny tiny case... 1U supermicro including PSU... It's "Optimised for Atom", but hoping I can accommodate the 1265 (45w) without too much of a problem. The included PSU is basically silent or so they say, which is unusual for a 1U unit... 200w will be plenty for the system (board, CPU, memory, NIC, nothing else)
    [​IMG]

1U cooler, which I'm informed is neither quiet, nor a screamer... hopefully on the right side of "too much" as I don't really want to start screwing around and racking/unracking to try out other options.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Dec 2018
  14. Vault-Tec

God dammit I was doing so well, too.

The other week we had a discussion about monitors on another forum, and a few of the guys said they had down graded their monitor size to ones that were smaller with daft refresh rates. I didn't want to downgrade my 32", but I did want to (possibly) upgrade the 19" Apple monitor I got for £60 last year. I say possibly, as the ROG 144hz 24" are £400+. So I start doing some research (why do I do this? WHY?) and I find this.

[​IMG]

240hz, 1ms response.

It's coming before NYE, FFS. At that price it was just too much of a killer bargain to pass up. It's £400 on Amazon.

I gotta say though it will look totally killer with the PC that will be connected to it.

TheMadDutchDude and adidan like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You, Sir, have an addiction.

I can relate.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  16. Vault-Tec

It's an obsession and I have had it all my life :D

It's better than drugs and alcohol I guess :D

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]
    First Japanese Whiskey, and an excuse to do Highballs at Christmas (on my own as per)

Bazz likes this.
  18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I was very close to pull the trigger on almost 900 Euros on a CPU upgrade. I stood firm and didn't order it. Quite proud of myself, to be honest.

IanW, Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Oh believe me I've done that a lot. I almost replaced my 14 core Broadwell Xeon with a Threadripper 16 core which would have been daft.

This time of the year I have had to basically be here in my flat for as long as I can stand the cold (the windows leak like sieves and even with the heating on I have to wear woolly hats and cotton gloves and xxl onesies just to feel warm. So around every 1.5-2 weeks I'm bailing to stay with my mother (4 miles inland out of the hurricane like winds and a modern well insulated house with 20mm double glazing) and shacking up in my old bedroom.

We decided I could have it back as mine for my mental well being (it's an autistic comfort safety thing I can't really explain it just allows me to cope with my fears a lot better) so I knocked up a rig to game on with free (free from me, old parts etc). Thing is it kinda sucks, given I'm there at least 50% of the time between now and March. So, instead of buying side grades with my Xmas cash I decided to sort the rig out at my mother's. Tbh I should have the better rig there as I game more there because my hands are warm there. Glad I got the Vega 64 and that monitor. Was a big jump from a 10 yr old monitor and VRAM starved Fury X which I ran at 1600p using virtual super resolution.

One thing I have learned to do lately is exercise some sense and not buy stuff I know I will never use. The only two things I know I'll use is bikes and PCs. Everything else? Waste of time and cash.

As I say though, better than drinking and getting smashed on drugs. I stay clean and healthy and I get nice things to show for it.

20. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Our last rented property was like that and until the last year we lived there, when the landlord replaced all the windows and doors, we bought some window seal strips and fixed it ourselves (this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G4WSR3T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Noticed the difference the next day and the gas bills told us just how well it was working! In fact, I've just installed more of the stuff on the current house porch door as there was a heck of a draught coming through due to perished weather seals. Not any more!