1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

At the moment I mainly play Assasins Creed Odyssey with my bad a.. Kassandra level 55 on hard mode. Right now doing the Legacy of the First Blade DLC.
    Also, playing some little Battlefield V when my friends are online.

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Currently splitting my time between 4 games, playing through Mafia 3 on my PS4 and on the PC I'm finishing off a few lasts bits in No Man's Sky and Ghost Recon Wildlands and have just gotten back into American Truck Simulator. Enjoying exploring the new area in the Oregon DLC for American Truck Simulator... though the latest update seems to have killed all my mods so need to sort that out at some point.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

FO76. I tried BLOPS IV but it just looked like Fortnite.

FO76 is really good though. It's like doing the secret quests in FO3 (for the hidden weapons etc). Music is fantastic, graphics need work (hate the distance blur, but love the sun rays and fog).

So yeah, a nice "walking sim" with no one in it to talk to (which works for me, I can do that being autistic). Can't wait to get my buddy in with me, that will be a right laugh. It basically has everything I wanted it to.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Final Fantasy 7.

I've never done this much level grinding so early on in any of my previous runs. Most of my materia has already levelled up once, my characters are at either their 2-1 or 2-2 limit break (Aeris is at 3-1 already), no character is below level 22, I've got over 40K gil, I've found Yuffie, I've learned Beta from the Midgar Zolom (and won the fight), I've won the first Fort Condor battle... and I haven't even entered Junon yet! Jenova-BIRTH used to hand my arse back to me on a silver platter repeatedly but it's gonna be a walk in the park this time!

Don't want to cross the ocean just yet though: there's a section of the Mythril Mines where you always encounter groups of at least 4-5 low-level enemies and it's perfect for learning limit breaks. I'll try and get everyone except Cloud up to their 3-1 limit break first - Cloud has to be in your party for almost all of the game, so learning his limit breaks is comparatively easy.

I was planning to do a FF7 playthrough for my next charity streaming thing (hence playing it now so I can get to know it again) but I don't think 36 or even 48 hours is enough to appreciate everything in this game. I'm up to 10hrs already and I've hardly got started...

5. Vault-Tec

Well we (my pal and I) are no longer playing FO76, let me explain why. I posted this on another forum, but heed my warning it is not playable.

LOL sadly my buddy rage quit last night and refused to play it again until it was all fixed. I can't say I blame him, it is pretty terrible.

It must have crashed about five times for both of us, and when it did you couldn't alt and tab to get back to Windows so it meant hard reset.

I like the game, I love the world and the graphics are OK when they are not blurring to f**k but the stability is just about the worst I have ever experienced in any game.

It's very sad that you can see a decent game in there somewhere, but can't get to it because it simply won't stay running long enough [​IMG]

I'm pretty bummed man. I mean, co op fallout was always going to be excellent.

And then...

You can ctrl alt del but as soon as you touch anything it goes back to the crashed game.

It's just too broken to play. I mean the other Fallout games were bad but seriously? 76 makes them look like the Virgin Mary. It really is that bad.

The worst part is the "aliasing". This only seems to happen in harder to run areas. The problem? my Vega wasn't even hitting 1100mhz from the 1600 I had it clocked to, GPU use was awful (65% if you were lucky) and it would crawl into the low teens for no apparent reason (like, not because of a lack of GPU horse power).

FO4 did it at launch too. It would start out OK, you would get to an open area, performance would tank (so would GPU use and etc) and there would be no recovering from it unless you reloaded the game.

Maybe it's a memory overflow? IDK. Either way yeah, believe me we tried. We spent literally all day on it yesterday and only managed to get about 6 hours into the game.

I think it's just one to have the lid closed on it for a while. My mate seriously rage quit he was yelling and cussing.

And my final say...

Any quest you do with some one who has not done it results in you both doing it, if that makes sense. Only one of you needs to concentrate. The other is just there to assist in killing things [​IMG]

There are no leaders. You are in teams. You can also jump into events etc.

The best thing to happen so far? some one launched a nuke. It was friggin terrifying.

We don't know exactly where it fell but it sent us into a mass of panic. We tried finding somewhere to hide, but were out in the open. So we just ran like jeff lmao. Then all of a sudden *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*. Like the deepest, sickest rumble you have ever heard, followed by a blast wave. Turns out we were miles away, but it was still absolutely terrifying.

^ that is what I am getting at. There are truly some really special moments to be had in this game, but you just can't keep it functioning long enough for them to keep coming as they need to.

The only thing I don't like about the gameplay itself is how you need to seriously have your multi tasking cap on. Like, you need to read loads, listen loads (you would need to do that with NPC in it also, though) and that is hard when you also need to speak to your team and sing along to every song on the radio *ahem*.

That's about it though. Like, the things I don't like about the gameplay. Graphics would be adequate if not for the constant fuzzing up, audio is sublime and the idea and design are also sound, IMO.

It's just the game itself. Like the entire engine and how it works.

As for me being biased? no way. You know me, a spade is a spade no matter how much you paint it, gold plate it or polish it. I wouldn't be coming out and saying what I've said so far otherwise.

I mean, this is team play Fallout with your friends. That in itself is like winning the lottery. It's just been appallingly implemented. Like, the guys who had the ideas and designed it etc? deserve a medal but the engine? jesus christ, a face only a mother could love.

End..

So much for all of these fixes Bethesda were touting. Back into the drawer it goes for the next six months or so..

As such I have installed BF1, and Doom (which I only played for 3 hours) and will get stuck in over Xmas on my 240hz screen (especially on Doom. 1080p ultra running Vulkan. Done a few tests and am easily hitting 200FPS. It's *mental* fast and the screen isn't even keeping up 'cause it's 70hz.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I don't know what they're playing at.

No matter what people think of the game they could be in an expensive problem with the GDPR, leaking confidential user information and charging more than the cost of DLC for junk in the atom shop that shows up 'discounted' after never being sold at the full price.

They really need to pull their socks up.

At least we have CDPR :)

7. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

We shall see over the coming days....

8. Vault-Tec

HL2 with the Fakefactory Cinematic mod (2013 final ed). Blimey, how to make a Vega 64 run at 10FPS with all of the hidden settings on. Looks incredible.

Have put it back to FF default now, getting 130-300 FPS and it looks stunning. Decided to install this to play whilst I wait until my pal finishes up work for Xmas so we can get dug into other games. Am about half way through Ravenholm ATM.

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Picked up Ashes of Malmouth for Grim Dawn on GOG. Enjoying it so far, although I've gone from blitzing through enemies (at the end of Grim Dawn) with nary a care in the world to struggling so I might try resetting my Skills and Devotions and see if a different build will help.

10. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Minimodder

Hitman 2.

Also bought Fallout 3 GOTY for £5 and enjoying the memories from 10 years ago with everything on ultra and super quick load times.

11. Vault-Tec

I like BFV. Love the fact that Craig Fairbrass is in it, and it has a good level of humour. Not so taken in with the character, who seems to be putting the accent on. Like, you know when Americans try to do English accents?

Not overly enamoured with BOP Remastered, doesn't look any different to me *shrugs* and not played SW BF II yet.

12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

For a minute I got my Fairbrasses mixed up and thought you meant:
    000002889-Richard.jpg
    ...And I was totally onboard with that :happy:

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That tickled me

14. Vault-Tec

OK so I got a little bored very quickly of BFV, even though the graphics and performance (on Vega 64) were very good. It just all feels very familiar.

I then tried Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. Started out very well indeed. Seems more like the first game (1.5 hours played) and less like the second with all of the annoying RPG elements. However, it suffers *terribly* from MDS. MDS is "multiple death syndrome". I made that up in the 90s, for games that were designed stupidly so that you have to die loads in order to get through them. What I mean is they are made so that you have to figure them out by dying lots. For example a platform collapses. Only you don't know that and have no warning of it, nor where to go next. So you die a few times, then you can figure it out and move onto the next part of dying lots of times before you can move on and etc. In the end it got a little annoying. Yes, the death sequences are quite fun but what sort of game relies on those? why is it designed like that? It needs to give you more of a chance to work out invisible and thus impossible first time solutions. If I just have to keep dying to move 30ft forward it's gonna piss me off big time.

One thing I will say though is that it is stunning, even at 1080p. Again with Direct X 12 enabled the Vega 64 performs very well indeed at absolute max detail, 1080p. It's easily the most beautiful game I have ever seen in my entire life, and I thought I was impressed by BFV. Knowing me I will stick out the MDS just to see it all, but I just wish it wasn't designed like that. Like, at least give me a fair chance of getting through parts without continually dying. It's like a puzzle game, only with irritating death between each piece of the jigsaw.

One thing I am noticing a trend of, and I gotta say I really don't like it is how PC Games (cough cough console slop cough cough) launch straight into the game now without letting you at the menu, or graphical options, first. This means you have to sit through a 20 minute cut scene at 720p with all of the graphical settings on low. Then finally you can pause it and access the graphical options, but now you can't start the game again without sitting through it all again to see it at your resolution/settings.

Really? is that how it's going to be now? that sucks ! ffs.

I also reinstalled "The Simpsons Tapped Out" last night for the first time in about three years. It took over 30 mins to show me what I had missed lol. Still a fun game though, though little has changed.

15. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Tried to reminisce with HL DM, but found out there is no vanilla servers anymore :(

Hmmmm, Killbox, Crossfire & Undertow - many a late night playing these (sober and drunk)

If anyone is interested at some stage, I might set a server up

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

HL2DM was so good. Shooting someone with a loo was great fun! Shame it wasn't really ever popular.

17. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Wasn't a fan of HL2 DM didn't have the same appeal

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I was bought BF V for XMAS
    I bought Rainbow six siege at XMAS
    I still play Fortnite. I play with my 12 year old son and have a great laugh on PC.

I don't have a reason to play anything else just yet

19. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I play original Half Life online every night. usually Crossfire or Bounce. I love taking out the Gauss Gun wall shooters with parcel bombs!

20. creative

creative 500rwhp

Still playing AC:Odyssey and really enjoying it!

Been taking my time and splitting the main missions up with a few side quests and a lot of exploring. I was worried there would be a bit of grind ( due to the microtransactions to FF your progression) but it hasnt been to bad as I have just been wandering the landscape doing random things and this has progressed my levels nicely.

Highly recommend it is Open world stuff is your thing.