1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ CM Trooper case mod! CMWS 2019!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BU5H W00K1E, 16 Nov 2018.

1. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

It's been a couple months since my last project which was a very simple mod. This time around I'm jumping out of my comfort zone and going to be modding more of a case than I ever have! The Cooler Master Scout was the first case I ever used to build and mod a PC, so the brand has always had a special meaning to me. I thought this time if I'm gonna jump out of my comfort zone liked it did all those years ago why not use the same case brand!

Now when it comes to vision of this case build I wanted the motherboard and graphics card to be the center of attention when looking inside the case, so i thought why not make them centered in the case! When it came to the outside of the case I was kind of stuck on where to go and where to start until I saw the grills on the top of the case and for some reason it reminded my of a Lamborghini.So for the outside I am going to be building custom side panels and grill with some Lamborghini inspired themes to them. The outside will be finished with Carbon fiber wrap and painted in Azzurro Thetys.

So I started by stripping down the case and cutting out the inside of it.
    [​IMG]

From there I added some metal brackets and added the back part where the motherboard tray and watercooling res will attach to.
    [​IMG]

After that I added the top and bottom .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From there added the front and rear side of the case and attached the motherboard tray, and gpu bracket!
    [​IMG]

Now while I wait for some interior parts for the bottom I got started on the back of the grill
    [​IMG]

arduum likes this.
  2. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Did the side panels today

Started out by tracing the designing and cutting it out
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After that i started making the window slats.
    [​IMG]

This is very close to how the window slats will be installed, I got inspired by the rear window vent on a Lamborghini Aventador

[​IMG]

I repeated the same process for the other side.

3. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Got some of the water cooling parts in today!
    [​IMG]

More parts on the way. Still up in the air about the CPU and motherboard I'm going to run, gonna be waiting till AMD shows some of the ryzen 3000 series

4. Flexplays

Flexplays What's a Dremel?

I like the window slats, they look really interesting ;) . I'm curious how it'll look at the end. Are you planning to let the slats as a clear window or are you going to paint them / wrap in foil?

5. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Well sadly because they sit in about an inch and each side it didn’t leave enough room for the dual rads in the bottom so I have to redsign the panels. The plan was to slightly tint them. Stay tuned tho will have some fun stuff done by Sunday

6. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Got the pumps in and tons of plugs so I can start to see where stuff is going. So far this is how the loop will sit for the GPU and the cpu will copy it in the other side . [​IMG]

7. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

2 post in one day!!! getting a lot of stuff done case wise today! finished the front grill area! and new side panel(again!)

When playing the newest horizon i was driving the gallardo spyder performante and i noticed something on the back that seemed like a good resign for the front grill

[​IMG]
    The "Y" shapes that are the italian flag colors!

So began the process of tracing and cutting them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final result!
    [​IMG]

Now with that out of the way i designed and cut a new side panel
    then threw it together real quick to get a look at how it is so far!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

This looks better and better with every update love the fresh ideas:rock:

9. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Thanks! designing it has been a task tho, my current laptop cant handle 3d renders so i've been drawing ideas on the plexi then cutting it lol, might do something cool for the window area not sure yet tho

10. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

That's how i have been doing my mods since day blot, Ive only ever found software to be useful when you want some one else to do the work for you.

And you have the skills to do the work yourself :thumb:

11. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Been a bit busy this week I’ve worked everyday and won’t be off till 15th so expect some updates then! But until then all your feedback is more than welcome!

12. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Well sadly only managed to get some parts of the loop done, my plexi order arrived and all the sheets had a crack going down them so sadly had to send the back out for replacements.

On the plus side I did the fittings going from the res to the flow meter into the pump!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

while I wait my replacement plexiglass order i figured might as well use what I have and continue the side panel!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Kinda delicate looking for external parts.

15. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Ya they are a little bit, once I get more plexi in might make it thicker but so far I’ve bumped them and smacked them around and they’ve stayed

16. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Love the idea ! :rock: works perfect with the mod :thumb:

But i'm with Cheaps.... we are the plex guru's ! and they may take a slight "bump" but ain't ganna take a"smack" !

But 90% of whats posted here isn't ganna take a bump and most deff won't take a smack .

17. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Ya I’ve been messing around with it and finally it came off. So thinking a leg on each side and make it closer to the case, but for now kinda waiting on hardware choices so I can order and finish up the interior cuts.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  18. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

well did some more work today, also tested out a paintjob for a forged carbon look on my airsoft gun i think imma use instead of wrap on the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is my forged carbon paint job i attempted, gonna do a few changes but i think im pretty close

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Defyant Mods likes this.
  19. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

The build is still alive! Just stepped back for a little while to make sure I was heading into the direction I wanted to. Ordered some parts so expect a nice update friday or saturday!

20. BU5H W00K1E

BU5H W00K1E Minimodder

Finally back! Took some time to sit back and relax.
    First big update is I got my new cart to fit all my tools in!
    [​IMG]

Mounted the rad supports today and tested how the side panel gap is to make sure enough air flow will be had.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After that I marked and cut the cable routing holes and put cables in them just to give a visual on how it will be, also cut the rear IO shield hole and the hole for the gpu display cables!
    [​IMG][​IMG]