1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Finished off Wildlands & Mafia 3, or played them as much as I could cope, so have switched from those two titles to Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Quite enjoying AC Odyssey from what I've played so far, only just left the first island so I've barely touched the surface...
    RDR2 I've just started Chapter 2 (thank god) after being dragged through the slow intro chapter in the snow, I think that intro was almost as bad and drawn out as the one for Phantom Pain.

Still doing a bit of No Man's Sky, though about to knock that one on the head for a bit as I'm losing inspiration for what to build - will likely swap that one out for X4 Foundations in February.

Also still playing American Truck Simulator, it's become my Saturday night ritual now to do a couple of long jobs in ATS... I find it a good way to clear my head after a hectic week.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Finally getting round to Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Back on the PS4, always played with Lara on the PS.

Thoroughly enjoying it, shame its release kinda got swamped by various others.

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Playing Rayman Legends with my wife, it's quite fun and has nice level design. What isn't fun is getting the Nintendo JoyCons working at the same time as my Xbox 360 controller, which so fart has taken longer than actual game time.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Trying to get into Prison Architect that I bought in the sale. I have found out I am not a very good prison builder!

5. maxlxyd

maxlxyd What's a Dremel?

I tried to get into that, got very bored... very very quickly.

Mr Happy likes this.
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I am getting annoyed as I have no real idea what I am doing, and things don't seem to work how I want it to. This is what will ultimately turn me away from the game. I have spent more time watching YT for "how to's" than actually playing the game. :duh: :lol:

maxlxyd likes this.
  7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

While I enjoyed Mafia 3 much more than I thought I would, I cannot say I have any desire to go back and play it again.

Urgh, I was so excited about that game and ended up frustrated and irritated to the point where I haven't played it since shortly after it went gold.

Playing Dragon Age Origins from GOG. I remember that game fondly, so why am I finding it so boring...?

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Yeah, I wouldn't say Mafia 3 was a bad game... it just lacked enough variety and much of a sense of achievement which other open world games do a better job of offering, so for me I didn't really feel the need to put in time to finish it off.
    I think it suffers one of the problems that a lot of roleplay games have, in that once you know the entire story it doesn't have that same appeal that it did when you were first uncovering the story, discovering all of the backgrounds of characters and how their quirky personalities emerge when you put them in a party together.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just finished SotTR on Deadly Obsession.

Quite enjoyable except for Lara's every now and then penchant for jumping randomly away from cliffs or off a ledge.

Now I just have several AC titles to catch up on... :duh:

10. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Back onto 7 Days to Die having found Alpha 17 is out. Generally enjoying it so far :)

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

FF7... still. ~54hrs in now.

I'm nearly done with it though. I could've finished the game ~5-10 hours ago, but there's still more to do. Ruby Weapon is toast, but Emerald Weapon's Aire Tam storm just handed my arse back to me on a silver platter. Little git had already wiped out the MP on the character with Final Attack + Phoenix equipped, so... first time I've seen the Game Over screen in a long-ass time on this game!

May have to try a different approach, spamming KotR + Mime isn't always the best approach with this guy. It can be damaged with Gravity IIRC...

12. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

You're probably right, even though I can't remember anything about Dragon Age. I'll admit I decided to do a Mage run, though, which is something I rarely do in RPGs as I don't usually care for mage-PCs... perhaps it's that.

13. creative

creative 500rwhp

now that I have finished AC:Odessey I have just downloaded Farcry: New Dawn.. not expecting much but we will see.

14. creative

creative 500rwhp

New dawn.....Basically Farcry 5 with a texture pack.

Only really 2 issues I have with it is the spawning of animals and enemies is waaaay to excessive. You can stand in one place and have a constant stream of people coming at you. Clear an area, cross the road, realise you missed an item to collect, go back and its populated with enemies again.

Its also actually a fairly easy game. my load out is: silenced pistol, silenced sniper, bow and arrow, silenced machine gun. Get Nana on your team and she is a crack shot with a silenced sniper that is way stronger than what you have early on. Even the first tier Bow and Arrow is stronger than any gun at that level and makes most people a 1 shot kill from the start.

Apart from that ( I like to just roam about in open world games) im enjoying it. Its great when you come across an area that was a major part of the Farcry 5 story line but looks totally different and you think "ive been here before!"

15. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Satisfactory for the alpha weekend. It's way too addictive, especially with friends!

16. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

I recently started playing Sea of Thieves, its loads of fun being a pirate!

Hex likes this.
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Black Mesa (in super surround-o-vision)

Each time I play through this, there are always little improvements the team have made that just keep making it better and better. Gotta say, using a triple monitor set up to play it really sucks you into the game. Just wish that there was some sort of software that adjusted for the fact that the monitors are set up at 45 degrees rather than all being aligned flat, as things in the peripheral vision appear closer than they actually are.

Roll on Xen.

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Started playing FM19 this weekend. Been wanting to get into a FM game for a while and got it fairly cheap. I've been having a good time so far.

MightyBenihana and Mr Happy like this.
  19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Used to love my FM games. However, i never seem to have time to sink the hours needed into games like this. I think this is part of growing older and having kids in the teenage years.

MightyBenihana likes this.
  20. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I got it Saturday morning around 8 and intended to put a few hours into it. Next thing I know it's 9PM

MightyBenihana, Mr Happy and adidan like this.