1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Jan 2019
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yeah, I've worked in online sports betting, too. ;) Common practice for the appointment of direct reports to the company founders.

What really gets on my nerves right now are those stupid (wanted to say bloody, but in the following context this might be misleading) stomach cramps I keep having for the last few days.

//ninja edit: What the ....? I just wanted to finally buy Alien Isolation after reading quite a bit about it recently. It was always in the back of my mind but I never got around to buying it. Steam wants EUR 36.99 for it? It's a 5 year old game. How does that even make sense?!

Last edited: 23 Jan 2019
  3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So what's the explanation when there's a guy that's inept in performing his role?

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Still the same policy?

Id say where I am its less what you know more who you know. Hence you see whole families in the business in quite senior roles who quite clearly have no idea what they are doing.
    That and our CEO sends out weekly emails basically telling us how nice what ever golf club he is at now is. Takes him four days to earn what I do in a year an seems most of his time is spent on a golf course, urgh.

5. Mister_Tad

Fixed

Whether it's family, or just who you're buddies with at the water cooler. Merit can have a role to play in helping make friends in high places, but there are clearly other ways too.

legoman and perplekks45 like this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

2000% agree. That's a lot of agreeing.

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

It's not even that, she's just an utter brown-nose with a massively over-inflated opinion of herself that can't keep herself out of everybody else's business.

She's that typical "finds her own jokes funnier than anyone else does" kinda ****.

But it's fine, I can make her life hard work if she wants to start playing silly buggers like that...

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's often what you know about who you know. :naughty:

[​IMG]

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Why does Windows bleedin' Update have to take four times as effing long to up date to version 1809, as it did to clean install Windows?

Not so much ruining my life as just bloody annoying, I'm not a patient man...

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ordered something from Groupon that the good lady wanted. Turns out only 1 of the 4 items were in the box. They want to give me less than a quarter of its total cost in credit (credit ffs).

No idea how that maths works.

Oh or I could just send the thing back. So that'd be faff and an unhappy gf, well me more feeling bad for her not that she would be all agro with me or anything.

Customer service, awesome.

What happened to paying for something and getting it delivered, it's not rocket science.

11. legoman

Reminds me actually, we had a male manager on a previous role in the same job, he managed to reduce his team size down to the lowest of anyone. Change his teams role to an admin one and have it made up entirely of young attractive women.
    I'm not saying any of them were dim, quite the opposite as they have all used it to move up quite rapidly in the business, where as said manager left after coming in drunk and then got a job back at the same place dong business procurement, go figure!

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

hur hur hur...

The_Crapman and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  13. legoman

Actual typo there, but hey it works,m meant doing.

Currently playing the migrate SSD data game shunted the data from the MX300 to the M.2. Now moving the OS from the Sandisk to the new Samsung, thought id pick up the braided cables while I was at it, there is regret building here

[​IMG]

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

[​IMG]

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Man, when you’ve been using Prime for so long and accidentally use a normal shop which takes a week to dispatch an item (you realize how spoilt you’ve been)

Also on my Mac OS Reinstall number 8 now because I can’t get Laravel to play nice ugh!

MLyons likes this.
  16. legoman

Debating cutting off the three excess SATA power leads and seeing about shortening the others down. That or use the old connectors an order some cable to make it myself. most places won't do sub 20cm ATX24 an if they do its very expensive.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Walkers (Lays) Extra Hot - Wasabi taste kind of like they've been breathed on by someone who has eaten wasabi in the last ten minutes.

The Jalapeno and cheese ones are hotter IMO.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

this never ending ****ing cough...

and intermittent pins and needles in my left hand

19. Mister_Tad

I had the very same for weeks.

Go to your nearest independent chemist, find this...

[​IMG]

Most chains will fob you off with pholcodeine, it's less effective and may kill you.

This works absolute wonders, though use responsibly.

20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Was gonna say, that contains codeine. I've seen it drive one of my mates to some dark places so please be careful taking it.